• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
RIP -- either saving the announcement for closer to next-gen or an exclusive marketing deal with Sony, it seems.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I can't see this not been a cross-gen title. Next gen just won't have enough units in the wild to make the money needed to cover what is bound to have been an extremely expensive game to make.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
We've known for a while that it is a next gen game, so I wouldn't expect something from them until those are announced.

Now WB Montreal on the other hand... hopefully they can come with a surprise.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
O my God, what the FUCK. Skipping E3 again??

Massive disappointment.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they may just be doing one game this entire generation. Hopefully they're cooking up something amazing over there.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It's mental that they've effectively put out one game this whole generation. It's perhaps a sign of things to come in the AAA space - like Sucker Punch putting out a title near launch and then almost at the end of a console lifecycle.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At his point I am going to assume stuff has gone off the rails and they have had to cancel / reboot this project at least once.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah both WB Montreal & Rocksteady haven't released anything since 2016. Rocksteady is definitely a next gen game at this point. I'm all for publishers and developers holding off on announcing games too early lets go with the short announcement to release schedule companies like Capcom have been on.