• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Rocksteady Founder Sefton Hill tweeted today that they will NOT be at the Game Awards, and that their new game is also NOT Superman.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
at least they let us know early

tenor.gif

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not Superman because they're actually working on Biker Mice from Mars

banner_1300.jpg

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So they will be at The Game Awards! Haha! You can't fool me.

Seriously though, I hope whatever they're working on they take as long as they need. If they're aiming to go above the scope of Arkham Knight we could be in for a real treat.

Oct 27, 2017
Could be pulling a Jaffe on us.....when he lied to our faces about Twisted Metal not being announced and then he announced it

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Baffling that they still won't show anything. Superman or not lmao. I blame internet vitriol for devs thinking they can't show games early. There's a difference between showing something that isn't promised and showing off a game your A team main studio has been working on for 3+ years and has no chance of even being cancelled

Oct 26, 2017
My issue with this project has always been that if it's a Destiny scale project, Rocksteady is way too small.

Rocksteady expanded from 120 employees to 180, but.... Bungie has 800 employees.

We just saw what happened when Bethesda tried to do a project this scale with only 300 employees.

So this super long dev time doesn't surprise me.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
So there's like, 0 percent chance this will be a new/original IP, right, and 100 percent chance it's something super hero related?

Bleh.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the game might be too similar to the Avengers game which will most likely be shown so they dont want to be overshadowed by that. This sucks though, was really hoping to see Rocksteady there.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Woof. Whatever they're working on, it can't live up to how long they're making everyone wait for the reveal. Especially considering this isn't the first time they've missed a major event after being rumored to be there.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll even make E3 2019.
Don't know. Hasan mentioned they need to hit certain milestones so it's a toss up.

WB Montreal on the other hand might have a game out next year. On one of their employee's LinkedIn pages, it says "Project 2019" and it correlates with some other info from other WB Montreal pages.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm glad to hear a no to Superman. I can't think of a way to make an interesting Superman game without nerfing Supes powers, in which case it's not really Superman anyway.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Could be turning into a next gen game. If so it'll be at a platform holder's first major games conference post console reveal, if not at the console reveal.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
lol wow.

They sure are taking their sweet time with not-Superman.

I am willing to bet its a cross gen game and they are waiting for the next gen consoles to be formally announced.

Anyway. I am glad its something else despite the rumours. Superman is my least liked superhero.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing to hear the thirst for their name game announcement.

The last game they made was not very good, and the one before it was polarizing...

Glad to hear it ain't Superman though. Someone will eventually make a good Superman game, but I just can't for the life of me see how without a ton of concessions and contrived situations. They don't pay me to come up with that though.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was the only possibly AAA announcement that I could care about and now I know it's never happening. Well, whatever, it's probably going to be some gaas game for people who are into this stuff.

Superman deserves better than WB. So lame how they treat the character just because it's actually a symbol of hope instead of the usual boring cynism.