1. Culex

Culex

Pointing out someone's previous post history should never be bannable. If you are voicing an opinion and then claiming the "other side" has the issues...well that's OK. But when it comes out that YOU are the "other side"..well damn, what the hell? I was over there for a LONG time and this behavior is just sickening which is why I left and joined here.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter

Why are we openly letting a Russian shill "both sides" in a very important Russia/Trump thread?

Seriously.

3. Amazing at how successful that one poster was at completely derailing the thread. Looking at that post history, it was all according to plan. This is the kind of shit that basically started this all in America in the first place. It's astounding how it's still so successful. They're using the weaknesses of civility and liberalism against us every day and we just eat that shit right up and fall right into their hands.

4. TAJ

TAJ

I expect to be sacrificed on the altar of civility any minute for what I've already posted.
    I don't have any alts lined up like the trolls do, either.

5. Lurkyseas

Lurkyseas
    Banned Member

Exactly. FreedomFighter is the one who should've gotten banned, not Jackpot.

6. Volimar

Volimar

Did you report FreedomFighter?

7. Calderc

Calderc

Ban, singular. Of entirely the wrong person.

8. sfedai0

sfedai0

Mods need to step up and address this asap.

9. TAJ

TAJ

How do you not see something that's literally in the post you just banned for? I mean I know they saw it because they deleted it.
    Besides, reporting is for weasels.

10. OutofMana

OutofMana

Damn, the other poster got away unscathed? I thought they both got banned. That’s disheartening.

11. WiiDSmoker

WiiDSmoker
    Banned Member

Woah what happened in here!?

12. Fork

Fork

Yeah this is not a matter of talking privately with mods. Many of us here question the 3 day ban of Jackpot, so an answer for all of us would be important.

13. BronsonLee

BronsonLee
    Don't worry I'm on the case Moderator

Been out for a while so I'm not entirely caught up on everything but for the sake of the thread -

Let's get the thread back on track, please. If you have questions about moderation in this thread, you can ask me (I'll do my best to find out), or one of the mod captains. Thanks!

14. Alavard

Alavard

So if a poster from this forum got caught spewing hate against the LGBT community and other minorities on a public forum, the mods will ban anyone that points it out? That makes me feel real fucking safe and valued as an LGBT member here.

15. Cochese

Cochese
    Banned Member

The topic isn’t going to get back on track without these concerns being addressed. In public.

16. Heynongman!

Heynongman!

That’s what I was thinking, this is extenuating circumstances. There have been a couple of new Russian shill accounts the past few days that I’ve noticed, and those were basically insta banned. But this is someone that established themselves and somehow slipped through. It’s getting kind of insane that they’re even targeting this little site of ours.

17. Lurkyseas

Lurkyseas
    Banned Member

I didn't even see the link of what Jackpot posted.

If you're going to ban someone, then ban the right fucking person that started all of this bullshit.

18. BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

#freejackpot

A real american hero

19. TAJ

TAJ

I just meant that the mod saw it. That's enough for me, though.
    So how about that Roger Stone? Personally, I already thought he was fucked.

20. Lurkyseas

Lurkyseas
    Banned Member

I know, but I didn't see it before it got edited out; I arrived too late.

Me too. Hopefully, he will be.

21. Since you've said in other threads that "I don't mod threads that I post in/have personal stakes in" could you get another mod to post this as well since it seems users are still ignoring it?

22. Volimar

Volimar

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/13/politics/takeaways-indictment-russians-dnc-hacking/index.html

Feel like that's getting lost amongst the bigger news. This was an attack on America, not just Dems and Hillary. Go chat up your pal though Donald.

23. BronsonLee

BronsonLee
    Don't worry I'm on the case Moderator

You've quoted me about that multiple times, that concerns me immensely

I'm not a magic-man

24. jkm23

jkm23

Wars have started for less.

Not that I'll ever advocate for war, not even a tiny bit, nor any form of war. I'm just stating how serious this shit is.

25. Volimar

Volimar

Slayven stays winning.

26. TAJ

TAJ

Can we take bets on Roger Stone's mugshot? Will he manage to look creepier than he already does? My money is on no.

27. Heri

Heri

"Yes but it's better if we do not implement the sanctions, I'm sure they already learned their lesson." -Dondald "not a puppet" Trump-.

28. hodayathink

hodayathink

They generally don't ban unless there are reports made. You want someone banned, report them. That's what the function is there for.

29. BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

[​IMG]

On topic: thr timing of this is lovely considering the Putin wankfest revving up.

30. Cochese

Cochese
    Banned Member

Guess who is running for Georgia governor? Secretary of State (and avowed Trump lover and hacking denier) Brian Kemp.

31. RedMercury

RedMercury

Roger Stone is going to have plenty of opportunities for more tattoos coming up soon
    Again, I very much doubt there are Russian bots here.

32. I don't mean for it to concern you, and I think I've only quoted it once in a PoliEra thread to a user not specifying who actually said it. I was just pointing out that you're the most recent active mod in this thread, and that you've made clear your moderating practices regarding threads you've posted in, so it might help to get a different mod to post about it since people were ignoring you after you posted the red text. That's all. We can take this to PMs as to not keep it off track if you want. Sorry!

33. Fork

Fork

The forum getting screwed by russian bots is a sadly accurate description of current day America

34. Culex

Culex

I love how Republicans are putting the wool over their eyes and plugging their ears... circling the wagons per-se, over this. If an actual impeachment vote comes out next week for Rosenstein, oh man, this will be such a fanciful day.

35. Hecht

Hecht
    Welp Administrator

Ok, let me explain how this works.

We don’t moderate the entire Internet, and we don’t want to. If you see something out of whack on ResetEra, report it and we will look into it.

The reason Jackpot was banned is that we don’t want members to go all “Internet Detective” on other users. We’ve already had instances of people misrepresenting themselves on this site, to the point where it is not always completely obvious that Member X is the same Member X as before. I understand that you might be “sure” that a member might be the same one, and, while you probably are correct, we do not want to make this a habit.

See here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-...-members-past-conduct.1984/page-9#post-438261

36. Aselith

Aselith

I don't know if this has been posted but I was watching an Anderson Cooper segment and it was pointed out that with these indictements we now know that Trump said in a conference that Russia should hack Hillary and get her emails immediately before they tried to do it.

The relevant bit at 4:50-ish if the timestamp doesn't take you there.

37. Hecht

Hecht
    Welp Administrator

If you have any questions about my previous post, feel free to PM me and I’ll discuss it with you.

38. Volimar

Volimar

In a rational world this would be an earth shattering revelation.

39. Fork

Fork

This is like the final scene of the penultimate episode of a TV season.

40. rokkerkory

rokkerkory

Scary that our GOP led government is doing zilch to protect our most sacred right: voting

41. KuroNeeko

KuroNeeko

Holy Moly.

42. Vilix

Vilix

I think it goes in hand when Trump said “Russia if you’re listening I hope you get the thirty thousand or so missing emails from Hillary’s server.”

43. Lesath

Lesath

Bots? Probably not. Dedicated propaganda trolls? We're not a small community, and I would argue the gaming audience is the most vulnerable to their sort of manipulation (see: 4chan).

44. Beartruck

Beartruck
    Banned Member

They're doing the opposite in fact. A dozen GOP led states are pushing aggressive laws to purge inactive voter rolls and they've been a-oked by the Supreme court. They know a completely fair election system countrywide would be the end of them, so they have to cheat.

45. nasirum

nasirum

I want to say one thing - just like the majority of America does not walk with Trump, not all Russians are down for the bullshit going on in Russia.

We need to direct our ire properly - at GRU and Putin directly, not Russia as a whole.

Just like we hope that other countries understand this administration is not the rest of America.

46. I actually work with a lady from Russia who's been here for the last three years or so and she's really great, but she definitely has bought into all the Russia propaganda over there. Like, most of her beliefs are so exactly on with the stereotypical Russian state propaganda, it's crazy. I feel bad though because she's been trying to process everything that's been going on and it's created some major dissonance. A lot of the people over there just really don't know what's going on and just want to believe that they're good people. It's unfortunate how much the people in charge have been failing all of us so badly.

47. skullmuffins

skullmuffins

Trump made his infamous "Russia, if you're listening..." comments around 11am eastern time. That's 6pm Moscow time. There's a reason Mueller made sure to say the attempted hacking was done 'after hours' on the 27th.

(to be clear since I've seen people mix this up - that's the first time they tried going after those particular accounts. They, of course, had already hacked the DNC and others)

48. Volimar

Volimar

She tried to warn y'all.

49. nasirum

nasirum

Jesus H Christ.

Sometimes I forget he literally said "NO PUPPET. NO PUPPET. YOU'RE THE PUPPET."

Like a fucking child.

50. Aselith

Aselith

To this day, I have no fucking idea how his comeback being "you're the puppet!" didn't make him a laughing stock even among his base. How can their standards be so low?