• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cheese toast

Oct 29, 2017
It's like the old saying goes: it's easier to threaten your judge and ask forgiveness than it is to get permission to threaten your judge.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Roger Stone is a wild ass monkey. That is just reckless and could be charge worthy if a prosecutor felt like it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Page 3 of the filing: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5743633/Stone-Apology-20190218.pdf

operasnapshot_2019-02g2k1w.png

Man that signature just screams of Stone saying "this is BULLSHIT" to his lawyers.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
'here's the thing though: i am really really sorry that i got in trouble.'

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
He shook because his attorney's probably told him he could get into state level trouble Trump couldn't pardon.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
If I was that judge, he would be in jail before he had the chance to pull it off line, I don't do well with stupidity

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
To hell with the apology - he doesn't have a sincere bone in his body. Revoke this ratfuck's bail.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Stone and Corsi are what happens when years of troll logic are forced into a courtroom. It's like bringing a vampire into a church.

I don't think they know how to argue in good faith anymore.

Same thing happened with Martin Shkreli. Dude was just some 4chan level troll who couldn't turn off his natural behavior even when threatened by a judge to calm his shit.

When you go your whole life treating it as some game where the only goal is to satisfy your debauchery frat boy lifestyle without suffering consequences, and then you're finally put in a situation where your true self will get you fucked, then it's hard to shut it down.

Same thing will happen with Trump and Jr. Same type of aggravating smartass assholes who cannot turn it off. They live in a bubble.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that apology. Stone's lawyers must be banging their heads against a wall. Roger Stone, although he is a massive idiot, is probably confident that he'll get a pardon. We know Trump would fucking love to do it, but will he?

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Oh man, that apology. Stone's lawyers must be banging their heads against a wall. Roger Stone, although he is a massive idiot, is probably confident that he'll get a pardon. We know Trump would fucking love to do it, but will he?
I asked this in another thread but never got a response: if he were to get a pardon, would he have to admit to everything he did, potentially implicating Trump further?

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I asked this in another thread but never got a response: if he were to get a pardon, would he have to admit to everything he did, potentially implicating Trump further?
From what I've understood, a pardon doesn't compel you to tell anyone anything, BUT you may not be able to plead the fifth if you're subpoena'd since you can't be convicted of whatever crimes you're asked to discuss.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny. His excuse is "oh someone else made the photo and I just stole it."

You goon you posted it on your own instagram it doesn't matter who the 'owner' of a piece of digital data is. I know people are dumb and will believe almost anything that confirms their own bias, but my god how fucking dumb is this man.

Well it's hard to pardon someone if they don't tell you what they did. Now when Ford pardoned Nixon he pardoned him for all crimes against the United States. I assume Trump could do something similar and just be vague enough to cover everything.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having the target next to the judge's face instead of on the judge's face gives him plausible deniability.

Or, at least, that was the intention.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Mike Scarcella @MikeScarcella

NOW: Judge Amy Berman Jackson -- in Roger Stone case -- will hold hearing Feb 21 on whether to revoke conditions of release based on now-deleted Instagram post. ORDER:

dzx1jn6x4aaca2iwdkmz.png

10:31 AM - Feb 19, 2019

Zoe Tillman @ZoeTillman

NEW: The judge in Roger Stone's case has scheduled a hearing for Thursday on why her media contact order (which gave Stone leeway) AND Stone's release conditions shouldn't be changed or revoked in light of his Instagram posts. Previously: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/roger-stone-instagram-judge-photo …

10:32 AM - Feb 19, 2019

>

Ali Dukakis @ajdukakis

Reached by ABC News Tuesday following Judge Jackson's order, Stone said, "I will be present for the hearing as ordered."
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1097883851148460033
10:41 AM - Feb 19, 2019

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Mike Scarcella @MikeScarcella

NOW: Judge Amy Berman Jackson -- in Roger Stone case -- will hold hearing Feb 21 on whether to revoke conditions of release based on now-deleted Instagram post. ORDER:

dzx1jn6x4aaca2iwdkmz.png

10:31 AM - Feb 19, 2019

Zoe Tillman @ZoeTillman

NEW: The judge in Roger Stone's case has scheduled a hearing for Thursday on why her media contact order (which gave Stone leeway) AND Stone's release conditions shouldn't be changed or revoked in light of his Instagram posts. Previously: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/roger-stone-instagram-judge-photo …

10:32 AM - Feb 19, 2019

So good.