• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I'm trying to remember where I read or heard this, and I'm 99% sure it was in relation to the Flynn hearings, but it went along the lines of "on their very best day, a federal judge is still that kid who can wish you into the corn field." A reference to "It's a Good Life", A Twilight Zone episode that you can read more about here.

You'd have to be an idiot to fuck with a federal judge. But this is a guy with a Nixon tattoo on his back, so there's that.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Needless to say, this was extremely foolish on his part. I'm sure his lawyers went fucking berserk.

Now he's subject to an order to show cause, which is one of the last things you want to be hauled into court for. That's a pants-shitting docket entry for him.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm trying to remember where I read or heard this, and I'm 99% sure it was in relation to the Flynn hearings, but it went along the lines of "on their very best day, a federal judge is still that kid who can wish you into the corn field." A reference to "It's a Good Life", A Twilight Zone episode that you can read more about here.

You'd have to be an idiot to fuck with a federal judge. But this is a guy with a Nixon tattoo on his back, so there's that.

Popehat, back in December commenting on Judge Sullivan's query about why the prosecutors in Flynn hadn't considered bringing treason charges.

On their very best day, the very best federal judge is still that kid who might wish you away into the cornfield at any second

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Popehat, back in December commenting on Judge Sullivan's query about why the prosecutors in Flynn hadn't considered bringing treason charges.

On their very best day, the very best federal judge is still that kid who might wish you away into the cornfield at any second

Most excellent, thank you for sharing that with me!

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
jesus christ why did he do that

did he think he could just bully her into leaving or something

He probably hopes he can convince his fans, if not the court, that the judge is incapable of trying him fairly. It puts him into some jeopardy now, but if he somehow manages to survive this unscathed he'll be able to do an Oliver North.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened through a Behind the Bastards episode on Roger Stone last week. Guy's a piece of work alright.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
He probably hopes he can convince his fans, if not the court, that the judge is incapable of trying him fairly. It puts him into some jeopardy now, but if he somehow manages to survive this unscathed he'll be able to do an Oliver North.

And again, it's what sociopaths do: when wrong and punishment is inevitable, make it a personal crusade to punish them as the law demands and mewl about victimhood. On the bright side, that means they're fucked legally and this is their only play but yah, there is that sliver of daylight they could wriggle out thru, true.

We might have seen this from someone else recently too...

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
What are the chances he'll be jailed until his trial?
Judge may jail Roger Stone after Instagram post
Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who is presiding over Stone's prosecution in D.C. federal court, scheduled a new hearing Thursday to discuss "why the media contact order entered in this case and/or his conditions of release should not be modified or revoked in light of the posts on his Instagram account." The judge's options include revoking his bail.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I ask myself over and over, aside from what his fanboys (and Trump) would think, how did Stone think the judge was going to react?

So? He might have his social media privileges taken away? Did I read that right?

Nah he might get his bail revoked. Judges don't play these games. Already posted, but full text of the court reply below:

Oh boy. Judge Amy Berman Jackson doesn't seem happy with Roger Stone.

Dzx036XX0AUPlnY.png:large

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So whats to stop him from just claiming his account was hacked or his nephew has control over his instagram account and this was all just a misunderstanding?

Can he still be held accountable?

Oct 25, 2017
I ask myself over and over, aside from what his fanboys (and Trump) would think, how did Stone think the judge was going to react?

Nah he might get his bail revoked. Judges don't play these games. Already posted, but full text of the court reply below:

Oh boy. Judge Amy Berman Jackson doesn't seem happy with Roger Stone.

Dzx036XX0AUPlnY.png:large

That's the thing I keep wondering about. I know he prides himself on being a professional troll (which is just deeply saddening on a human level) but still he's not an idiot, what did he think was going to occur?

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
please revoke his bail. they revoked shkrelis over that "get me a hair from Hillary" comment, this is even worse.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I would seriously be shocked if it was only a gag order. He basically threatened to kill her.

The crosshair is creepy but most lawyers would probably tell you that Instagram post taken as a whole didn't amount to a true threat. The fact that he took prompt action to take down the photo with the crosshair also counts in his favour.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The crosshair is creepy but most lawyers would probably tell you that Instagram post taken as a whole didn't amount to a true threat. The fact that he took prompt action to take down the photo with the crosshair also counts in his favour.

This is Roger Stone. Even if he wiggles out of this he'll do something as stupid in like a week to get himself back in hot water.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

Mike Scarcella @MikeScarcella

NOW: Judge Amy Berman Jackson -- in Roger Stone case -- will hold hearing Feb 21 on whether to revoke conditions of release based on now-deleted Instagram post. ORDER:

dzx1jn6x4aaca2iwdkmz.png

10:31 AM - Feb 19, 2019

Zoe Tillman @ZoeTillman

NEW: The judge in Roger Stone's case has scheduled a hearing for Thursday on why her media contact order (which gave Stone leeway) AND Stone's release conditions shouldn't be changed or revoked in light of his Instagram posts. Previously: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/roger-stone-instagram-judge-photo …

10:32 AM - Feb 19, 2019

>

Ali Dukakis @ajdukakis

Reached by ABC News Tuesday following Judge Jackson's order, Stone said, "I will be present for the hearing as ordered."
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1097883851148460033
10:41 AM - Feb 19, 2019

180520-roger-stone.jpg

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Unfortunately for Stone, for his current legal troubles his freedom is at the discretion of this judge. She doesn't even have to take it as a legal threat, she can simply use him as an example "you best keep my name out of your mouth".

Plus he's currently on trial for witness tampering, for allegedly threatening congressional witnesses with reprisal for truthful testimony. Not going to be a stretch for the judge to ban him from social media for the duration of the trial on the assumption that he might do the same to witnesses against him.

The way she worded her request, his lawyers have the burden of explaining why she shouldn't throw him in jail and silence him.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
The way she worded her request, his lawyers have the burden of explaining why she shouldn't throw him in jail and silence him.

Yeah, it's a standard show cause hearing, potentially with his bail status up for forfeit. He could well have Manaforted himself into an orange jumpsuit pending trial and otherwise is almost certain to face a much more comprehensive gag order.

When I say it probably isn't at the level of a true threat I only mean that threats against a trial judge are not, on current evidence, likely to be added to the docket.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
surely, he will be in some sort of trouble for this...

Why am I doubting that anything is going to happen to this wealthy white man?

I feel like I'd be beaten by police if I pulled this shit. On bail no less.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
I laughed at the "Stone Defense Fund" link at the bottom of that original tweet.
A rich man, begging poor Trumpsters to fund his lawyers. What a motherfucker.