• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This has been my go-to quick game for a while now, I absolutely love it. My only gripe is that you can't save mid-run, and the dev says he doesn't think he can add it, so my playtime is grossly inflated due to alt-tabbing when I have to do something else.
Yeah. Noticed that, too. At least putting my Steam Deck to sleep seems to work. Better than nothing I guess, but not optimal

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
As a PSA, Mysterious Castle, a squad based tactical roguelike originally released only for IOS over a decade ago, has been ported as a web app playable on browser.

Mysterious Castle

iOS and browser tactics-roguelike game.
Also in itch.io https://eclectocrat.itch.io/mysterious-castle

lrwpTQ.png

xEXKnQ.png

1pIQYZ.png

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw__6PIbPO4&pp=ygUad2l6YXJkIG9mIGxlZ2VuZCAyIHRyYWlsZXI%3D

New Wizard of Legend 2 trailer. The dialogue is horrible, it's kinda embarrassing..

I dunno, I think this is somehow a worse than the announcement vid. I'll still give it a try when it comes out, but I'm losin faith here

I was sad when I saw they went 3D with the game. The 2D graphics were a charm. That said, I loved the first one and trust the team will make a great game.

The Triple I Initiative delivered a lot of roguelike trailers.

CaveGhostPurp

Jan 12, 2022
I was sad when I saw they went 3D with the game. The 2D graphics were a charm. That said, I loved the first one and trust the team will make a great game.

Thats a big part of the problem, I think. The team that made the first Wizard of Legend isn't making this sequel. They just have a limited "consulting" role, whatever that means. This is the dev team behind Children of Morta, so in theory the game is still in good hands.. but it ain't lookin too hot so far lol

vgp

Oct 31, 2017

The Triple I Initiative delivered a lot of roguelike trailers.
I prefer 2d pixel art to 3d but I must admit they made something quite good and stylized with their 3d.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Thats a big part of the problem, I think. The team that made the first Wizard of Legend isn't making this sequel. They just have a limited "consulting" role, whatever that means. This is the dev team behind Children of Morta, so in theory the game is still in good hands.. but it ain't lookin too hot so far lol
Oh... I wasn't aware of that. Well, I'll keep my expectations in check then.

I prefer 2d pixel art to 3d but I must admit they made something quite good and stylized with their 3d.
True, true

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know good roguelikes on iOS?
I don't know if these are the type you are looking for but...

apps.apple.com

‎Slay the Spire

‎We fused card games and roguelikes together to make the best single player deckbuilder we could. Craft a unique deck, encounter bizarre creatures, discover relics of immense power, and Slay the Spire! Features: - Dynamic Deck Building: Choose your cards wisely! Discover hundreds of cards to ad…
apps.apple.com

‎Vampire Survivors

‎Vampire Survivors is a roguelite time survival RPG game with minimalistic gameplay. The supernatural indie phenomenon that lets you be the bullet hell has arrived on mobile! The whole game is also playable in 1-4 player couch co-op in landscape. Hell is empty, the devils are here, and...

both slay the spire and vampire survivors are on ios :P

not sure how they run on there, but vampire survivors seems to be quite well rated on IOS at least.

CaveGhostPurp

Jan 12, 2022
What's everyone's favorite "shitty" roguelike/roguelite? I don't mean critically-acclaimed good game but I think it's a bad roguelike controversial opinions lol. More like mixed/bad reception but you got hooked on it anyway for whatever reason, despite the flaws.

Personally, I quite like Brut@l (ps4/steam/etc)
Brut@l3.png

Probably best known for its art style, its combat can be a little clunky (it's not turn-based, more of a brawler), but in every other aspect it's a pure roguelike. Hunger-mechanic, mystery potions, permadeath with no meta progression. Plus the map is sick. Its not amazing, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who played it lol

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's favorite "shitty" roguelike/roguelite? I don't mean critically-acclaimed good game but I think it's a bad roguelike controversial opinions lol. More like mixed/bad reception but you got hooked on it anyway for whatever reason, despite the flaws.

Personally, I quite like Brut@l (ps4/steam/etc)
Brut@l3.png

Probably best known for its art style, its combat can be a little clunky (it's not turn-based, more of a brawler), but in every other aspect it's a pure roguelike. Hunger-mechanic, mystery potions, permadeath with no meta progression. Plus the map is sick. Its not amazing, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who played it lol

eh maybe Gunfire Reborn?

It's a FPS that has a very Diablo/Borderlands 2 approach, but you can buy perks along the way. A lot of the upgrades are dull stat increases, it does everything I dislike with metaprogression and the endgame is somewhat questionable but it's still fun do a run and spit out a million damage by the end of it. It's also the rare co-op roguelite that you can play, not too many of those around.
Gunfire-Reborn-Screenshot-17-1.jpeg

CaveGhostPurp

Jan 12, 2022
eh maybe Gunfire Reborn?

It's a FPS that has a very Diablo/Borderlands 2 approach, but you can buy perks along the way. A lot of the upgrades are dull stat increases, it does everything I dislike with metaprogression and the endgame is somewhat questionable but it's still fun do a run and spit out a million damage by the end of it. It's also the rare co-op roguelite that you can play, not too many of those around.
Gunfire-Reborn-Screenshot-17-1.jpeg

Ah, I've seen this on sale a few times. I'm embarrassingly bad at first person shooters, so I usually click on it thinking it's a twin-stick shooter- realize it's an FPS and that I'd be trash at it, then forget all about it until the next time it pops up on sale lol.

But I didn't realize it had co-op. I'm always looking for co-op roguelikes, and I love loot, so maybe someday..