• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

A shame the Switch version of BBTag & the PS4 version of BBCF didn't get anything, but I'm glad ASW went back & added rollback where they could.

Source: Arc System Works (Twitter)

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Happy for you PC folks but I'm sad consoles aren't getting rollback for BBCF.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
I wonder if system processing power has anything to do with the platforms this will be implemented on. CF rollback being PC only makes me think Arc doesn't want to bother with going back and updating the PS3 version (since that has crossplay with the PS4 version) and the Switch is in the same ballpark power-wise.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
was hoping granblu would get it as it's the only recent arc sys fighter I'm interesting in buying.

Guess that would be up to Cygames to pay for it.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of absolute dumb decision is that.... everyone asks for CF and ps4 only gets tag
Aren't they a bit low on manpower ? Having to do CF (PC), Tag (PC and PS4), Perhaps DNF in the meantime while supporting Strive if they plan to do crossplay... I don't know which team does what, but that's a lot...

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Aren't they a bit low on manpower ? Having to do CF (PC), Tag (PC and PS4), Perhaps DNF in the meantime while supporting Strive if they plan to do crossplay... I don't know which team does what, but that's a lot...
I'm pretty sure Eighting is doing most of the legwork for DNF Duel, but you overall have a point.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Why though? Numerous Switch games have rollback. If BBCTB can get it on PS4, it can get it on Switch as well... and I don't even play online much! :P
As a dev from Digital Eclipse once said (when speaking about SamSho Neo Geo Collection), the Switch CPU isn't the best for handling rollback, especially when the game wasn't designed for it originally.

This is why the online in that game and SF30th on Switch is not as good as other platforms and probably why the Nickelodeon Brawl game on Switch can only handle rollback in 1v1.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The only game I care about out of the 2 is BBTag. Pretty surprised that it got a QoL change in a new netcode.

Your move Namco. Capcom, NRS, ASW and SNK among others are doing rollback. Please get with the times, I'm begging you.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Then do only CF not Tag as CF is by far the more wanted game out of those

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017

might be some of the ACPR people which was small in of itself. also depends on what Arcsys themselves requested to prioritize, like we see SNK doing with the code mystics team.

Oct 26, 2017
As a dev from Digital Eclipse once said (when speaking about SamSho Neo Geo Collection), the Switch CPU isn't the best for handling rollback, especially when the game wasn't designed for it originally.

This is why the online in that game and SF30th on Switch is not as good as other platforms and probably why the Nickelodeon Brawl game on Switch can only handle rollback in 1v1.

Huh. I guess games like ARMS which have it are able to properly utilize it because it was built for it, might be why Sakurai was against adding it to Smash since it wasn't built for it, but was it being harder overall why he didn't to begin with?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I guess games like ARMS which have it are able to properly utilize it because it was built for it, might be why Sakurai was against adding it to Smash since it wasn't built for it, but was it being harder overall why he didn't to begin with?
Smash doesn't have rollback netcode because it was developed by Bandai Namco, a company that has never used it before or after for anything, ever.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
If Smash was developped before Covid, the response is as usual with many of those devs : "We don't care, delay netcode works well enough in Japan. Deal with it."

Unless there is someone in the higher ups really caring about its customers, tough luck. It was Bandai Namco so no chance in hell.

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021

Smash is made in part by Bamco. So good luck with getting rollback of any kind from them.

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, thought BN used rollback in something by now. ARMS doesn't count despite their involvement as it was at its core an EPD project. But still. Odd.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
was hoping granblu would get it as it's the only recent arc sys fighter I'm interesting in buying.

Guess that would be up to Cygames to pay for it.

Might be just me, but I feel that's more likely than Relink making 2022. Anyway if it does happen, it might be announced/shown off this weekend at GBFes.