• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
D7b7AneUwAASZf_.jpg

There will be quick play matches, ranked matches, custom matches and tournaments you can select from on the main menu.
The sound options menu allows you to change certain aspects such as the crowd, music, voices, sound effects and even includes a streamer mode.
The gameplay options menu has 2 aiming modes (Price and Flick) and will allow you to alter the X and Y sensitivity.
Game will be online only as it immediately searches for a server.

Honestly, this isn't looking too hot visuals-wise :/ I'd find it hard to believe this was a Ubisoft title without all the Ubisoft branding in that video...

Honestly I'm down if the game looks fun. Curious as to who's developing it.

image0.jpg

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does the controller show it's Switch footage? Did Nintendo move their letters around all of a sudden?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Roller derby from Ubisoft, huh? Interesting!

vestan Also, the Switch's controller and all Nintendo controllers have X at the top of the face buttons, not Y.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I doubt this is one of Ubisoft's unannounced AAA titles they teased to investors. It's probably a lower-budget thing.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is most likely a budget title aimed at the Rocket League crowd just like I thought.

Was anybody really expecting this to be a AAA game?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people are saying that it doesn't look good. There is no gameplay footage.

I like the colors in the trailer.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
So roller derby inspired. I'm still very on board. This is the sort of game that will live and die based on how it plays. If this sort of tease leaked ahead of Rocket League it would be equally unimpressive.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Graphics obviously aren't the best in the world, but gameplay is king for this kind of game, anyway. Excited to see how it plays.

Oct 26, 2017
This seems like more of a budget title where their going for something more out their, which is always nice to see. If it's as fun as something like Rocket League, I think it can do really well

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I would not say no to some spinoff of Trackmania, but not in motosport genre. This could be it.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Guessing this is pre-alpha footage. Ubi doesn't make the most graphically impressive stuff but there games usually look more than acceptable. Wouldn't be surprised if it looks better whenever it's officially revealed.

I never have thought about a roller derby game before though. I'm interested in what they come up with.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I hate games that were clearly pitched as "Our Answer to X" with X being Rocket League in this case. I hope the team genuinely found something cool to mine from Roller Derby but my hopes aren't high.

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
Combining somewhat underwhelming visuals and that generic controller graphic, I'm going to assume it's a title for that Apple mobile gaming initiative (which I forget the name of already), perhaps crossing over into a Switch title like several other games (i.e. Sayonara Wild Hearts).

edit: or not, unless Apple uses the same triple-line and overlapping-rectangle icons that Android uses for options and recent apps.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
🤷I dunno why but it looks good to me. No aliasing at least? H-heheh?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like VR footage.

It would actually be interesting to me if it were.

That controller pic, however, makes it seem like it's definitely not.

I wonder if you can go the wrong direction. This game seems terribly boring if you're just going to be going in circles with your controller.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The textures look pretty good, but the audience looks low-poly, and the backgrounds aren't great, either. I guess they're not meant to be seen in panning angles during actual gameplay, though.
Yea the audience doesn't bother me since you won't really see them. The textures are very clean on the track. I'm actually surprised they went with a 3d audience anyways. We'll see how the characters look in actual gameplay soon enough I hope.

I feel a Nintendo-made rollerball game would have charming aesthitic though (for example, games like ARMS)

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting for a gameplay video, looks decent though. Like some people said, some elements like the audience will be seen from a long distance. Already better than the weird things from Rocket League lol.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
This looks like a december/january release from one or more of the "tier 2" Ubisoft studios.
Wonder if Ubi counts this as one of the "four AAA titles" to be released this FY.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Love the idea of a Roller Derby game, and visuals have never really been something I care too much about in games (and even then, I think this looks pretty good?) so I'm really interested in this.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this could possibly be a new IP from Red Lynx. If anyone would make a game like this for Ubisoft they're the first I feel would do it.

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
You're welcome. I'll have more ubisoft game news for you in the future, hopefully!!
Also, I gave some more asset file images to some news websites, such as NintendoSoup.