• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hard to form an opinion with how little you get to see. The environments seem fairly low fidelity but the character models could make up for it.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I don't get the first page considering the footage doesn't even show gameplay.

You don't even look at the environment most of the time in these games anyway. Any graphics in that area are just eye candy.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if it has VR I'd consider it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wonder what the asking price for this is. obviously something in the $30-$40 range is the best bet, but I wonder if they could attempt a free to play model with this

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https:///an-unanounced-ubisoft-ip-titled-roller-champions-has-surfaced/

.Assets for a Nintendo Switch controller layout have been found which confirms the game will be heading to to Switch (below is for Xbox).

There will be quick play matches, ranked matches, custom matches and tournaments you can select from on the main menu.

.The sound options menu allows you to change certain aspects such as the crowd, music, voices, sound effects and even includes a streamer mode.

.The gameplay options menu has 2 aiming modes (Price and Flick) and will allow you to alter the X and Y sensitivity.

.Game will be online only as it immediatly searches for a server.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I can promise you the person who shared this info with me is in no trouble. He gave me much more than what was shared. You see, many people are partaking in these playtests, and he manually edited out the watermarks that gave away who it came from. I've made extra sure to only publicize what he made sure was safe!!
Not sure where your logic is coming from if it's under NDA...and removing watermarks doesn't discount that.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I can promise you the person who shared this info with me is in no trouble. He gave me much more than what was shared. You see, many people are partaking in these playtests, and he manually edited out the watermarks that gave away who it came from. I've made extra sure to only publicize what he made sure was safe!!
You absolutely can't promise that at all.
Because that is not how NDA works. Someone definitely made a breach of contract. And someone put their job and financial security at risk over this.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I mean the game is clearly not aimed to be the most visually amazing thing, but i wasn't expecting it anyway.

Actually this could be good for the Switch version to keep that frame rate consistent which is important in competitive multiplayer games.

Gameplay is key, how fun are its modes.

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
Not sure where your logic is coming from if it's under NDA...and removing watermarks doesn't discount that.
You misunderstand what I mean. Surely the playtester who sent me all of this broke NDA, however he seemed to have made sure it wouldn't be traced back to him as dozens of people had this. There was actually a full playtest about 2 and a half weeks ago with even more people having seen all of this. I can't speak for the tester as I was only introduced to him by him giving me all this, but he assured me he was safe.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
You misunderstand what I mean. Surely the playtester who sent me all of this broke NDA, however he seemed to have made sure it wouldn't be traced back to him as dozens of people had this. There was actually a full playtest about 2 and a half weeks ago with even more people having seen all of this. I can't speak for the tester as I was only introduced to him by him giving me all this, but he assured me he was safe.
So basically, you're held accountable for this because you know exactly who it is who leaked the info. That's what you're admitting now...

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It's clearly more of a budget game like Trials than a AAA type game. This is why rare was saying to keep expectations down. It's a smaller title

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
Why the fuck would you even say in public the playtest date and very obviously infer that's where you got the info from ? Are you sane ?
News websites already published the playtest date, as the source said that was fine. It isn't strictly me saying the playtest date. Ubisoft knows where it's coming from. The problem is that it includes hundreds of people, and the leaker removed any trace of which one it is. They normally wouldn't leak it, but this is a rather large test.

So basically, you're held accountable for this because you know exactly who it is who leaked the info. That's what you're admitting now...
This post was made because I leaked the video already before it made its way here. In fact, as you may remember, I leaked images yesterday. So of course I know the source. However, what I'll say is that I was asked to share it all. This wasn't something that I personally asked info on, it was given to me and I was told what to do with it. Which is, of course, a rare situation.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
News websites already published the playtest date, as the source said that was fine. It isn't strictly me saying the playtest date. Ubisoft knows where it's coming from. The problem is that it includes hundreds of people, and the leaker removed any trace of which one it is. They normally wouldn't leak it, but this is a rather large test.

This post was made because I leaked the video already before it made its way here. In fact, as you may remember, I leaked images yesterday. So of course I know the source. However, what I'll say is that I was asked to share it all. This wasn't something that I personally asked info on, it was given to me and I was told what to do with it. Which is, of course, a rare situation.
I think it's best if you don't share any more details about how you got the leak and where it came from. As you can already see, people are putting you on the spot, and I'm not sure if what you're saying might help trace back the source.

But I'm sure that the more you say about the source, the more people will complain and you might say something it's not meant to be shared.

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
I think it's best if you don't share any more details about how you got the leak and where it came from. As you can already see, people are putting you on the spot, and I'm not sure if what you're saying might help trace back the source.

But I'm sure that the more you say about the source, the more people will complain and you might say something it's not meant to be shared.
You make a good point. According to him, this isn't anything new and he's not in any danger. But I'll take your advice.

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
Yep they'll know who it is aswell . But oh well
According to what they've told me, they've done this several times, and sometimes given away just as many details, including noting the info was from playtesting. Of course, I won't mention any specific instances. Long story short -- I wouldn't worry.

Whoops, my apologies! I assumed genders there. I genuinely have no idea what gender they are, or anything about them for that matter. They gave me the info on a throwaway account (literally), told me what to post, and told me that they have no concerns and that they are not new to doing this. It's a really odd situation. I have no other way of describing how I got this info. That's really... just it. I didn't go to this person, they just came to me on a sockpuppet. Of course, I didn't buy it until they showed a full build, and then today there were copyright strikes on images.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
It looks decent enough, but having to press the right stick down to look behind you sounds like a pain in the ass. Hopefully it's not really necessary, but if the game is going around a track I can see it being pretty important.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
So it's literally a Roller Ball/Motorball game. Neat.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, where are you all drawing these opinions from? I don't see a second of actual gameplay in the OP.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Very underwhelming graphics. Hopefully this is alpha footage etc. Maybe we see a announcement at e3?

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
looks simple but im liking the colors, almost certainly a 60fps game too. kind of excited to see if gameplay is cool and physics based like rocket league, always down for arcade sports.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
According to what they've told me, they've done this several times, and sometimes given away just as many details, including noting the info was from playtesting. Of course, I won't mention any specific instances. Long story short -- I wouldn't worry.

Whoops, my apologies! I assumed genders there. I genuinely have no idea what gender they are, or anything about them for that matter. They gave me the info on a throwaway account (literally), told me what to post, and told me that they have no concerns and that they are not new to doing this. It's a really odd situation. I have no other way of describing how I got this info. That's really... just it. I didn't go to this person, they just came to me on a sockpuppet. Of course, I didn't buy it until they showed a full build, and then today there were copyright strikes on images.
You still don't comprehend you're complying with a breach of an NDA, which puts you yourself at risk. Oh but hey that's fine here's a video of some background sets for a game...

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm the visuals remind me of a lot of VR games. This might be really cool if it was VR and I'll probably jump in.