• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man

Been wanting to play RS3 for a long ass time

Excited!! I hear Scarlet Grace is more of a mixed bag though

Now when do we get a Saga Frontier remake! And I mean it when i say remake. As much as I love Frontier the original could realllly use some extra touches

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't believe this is finally happening. Both RS3 and Scarlet Grace are incredible.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Woot! Will get RS3 on Vita.

Bummer about about the Vita Scarlet not making it to the west. Is ambitions much better? I own the physical JP version and wondering which version I should play.

Nov 9, 2017
Wow, this was the first import game I ever saw footage from that I wished Squaresoft would localize. I remember branching storylines and a wacky army battle simulator, but not understanding what was going on.

Edit: Romancing SaGa 3 I mean, looking forward to Scarlet Grace too

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
This looks really good. It still has the SNES vibe to it but with much cleaner graphics. A lot of these remakes or re-releases of games from back can't quite make it look as appealing.. like they mess up the menus or the character designs and it comes across looking cheap. This seems to nail it. Definitely interested.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Scarlet Grace is also coming to mobile? Motherfucker. That makes the fact that is skipping a single platform even more stupid. I hope my S10 can at least play it or something yadah yadah.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Should I play Romancing Saga 2?

I should play Romancing Saga 2.

(SNES RPGs were my life blood in the 90s)

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Woot! Will get RS3 on Vita.

Bummer about about the Vita Scarlet not making it to the west. Is ambitions much better? I own the physical JP version and wondering which version I should play.
Yes, the re-release is much better. It fixes basically all of the issues the original release had.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Glad scarlet grace is finally happening, had given up hope until the last few months.

Romancing Saga 3 looks like it has some wacky sprites and animations

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vita means life. Too bad the other Vita release is being skipped for now. Hope they change this in the future.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason they've localized the two sequels finally and not the original yet?

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Really ought to play these. Never got around to getting translation patches for my carts, and when I was looking, they were either non-existent or incomplete (unless I was just looking in the wrong place).

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
This is fantastic news

So how many of these games do we have in total that are on current gen consoles and PC?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I've been wanting to play Scarlet Grace for a long time. Excited it's got a release date now.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Really ought to play these. Never got around to getting translation patches for my carts, and when I was looking, they were either non-existent or incomplete (unless I was just looking in the wrong place).

The fan translation for RS3 was mostly finished, but it had a very stale, literal feel to the dialogue.

These Romancing Saga ports look much better than the modern versions of FFV and FFVI.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
The fan translation for RS3 was mostly finished, but it had a very stale, literal feel to the dialogue.

These Romancing Saga ports look much better than the modern versions of FFV and FFVI.

They most definitely do! I think I'll pick them up on Switch, whenever I get around to it. Still working on Seiken Densetsu 3.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Romancing Saga 3 is a phenomenal game, finished it years ago and one of the best game on snes. Live A Live, Treasure of Rudras and Bahamut Lagoon next please

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
549259133103243275.png

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Hold up! What is SCARLET GRACE????!

I know about RS3 and can't wait for it but have not heard of this other one?

Excited to finally play RS3.
I feel like we are living in an alternate world with all this old amazing stuff Square is releasing in the US.

It also gives me hope that we will see a CT remake or even a new game in the next few years. That news could possibly kill me lol

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Plz Square Enix, make a physical Romancing Saga Collection with all of these recent SaGa games in one package.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
What a weird trailer... Ending with a picture "oh yeah I guess this most recently developed game will come out next month too I guess."

Will buy both of these eventually, hope they're good!

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why Square Enix is cramming so many low-priority RPGs into the November-January timespan, but given they're low-priority I guess it doesn't really matter. :P

RS3 is one of my favorite SNES RPGs so I'm glad it seems to be getting a solid remake/remaster, and I've wanted to play Scarlet Grace for a while but waited for the English release. I'll probably buy both early to support even if I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to fully play through them.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a.... weird translation. "Morastrum" ? Was any combination of "Death" and "Eclipse" too difficult? Why "Sinistral"? Why translate the Holy King into "the Matriarch".
I don't understand why you'd take a very easy scenario told in very simple ways, and just make it more difficult. Keep your Fl'cie and L'cie in the other series and keep SaGa normal and well written, SQEX.

It makes me worried about Scarlet Grace. SG was one of the best written Japanese games I've played since DGS, full of witty and clever dialogue, and it would be a shame if it ends up being obscured by cryptic bulshit (or worse, if it's translated flat and dry).
Oh well, as long as I get Japanese text on Steam, I don't really care. time to buy these games for the 5th and 3rd time (and vote for Scarlet Grace as a GOTY for the 3rd year in a row).

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting translations they're going with... Maou to Archfiend is like, ok, a lot of games do that, not crazy about it. Seiou to Matriarch is sort of wild, but I guess they want everyone to know that that character was revealed to be a woman in the Imperial SaGa or whatever the browser game was called, the four demon lords being called Sinistrals is a bit... this ain't Lufia!

May 13, 2019
That's a.... weird translation. "Morastrum" ? Was any combination of "Death" and "Eclipse" too difficult? Why "Sinistral"? Why translate the Holy King into "the Matriarch".
I don't understand why you'd take a very easy scenario told in very simple ways, and just make it more difficult.
What I'm getting about this post is that the plain-as-oatmeal fan translation of the original RS3 was actually fairly accurate.