• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
It means nothing long term. They'll get the extra sales from her being attached and in a few years when mk12 comes out it'll be a different voice actress and nobody will remember this because y'all will have come up with a thousand other things to be outraged and upset about by then.

is this a normal person post?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It means nothing long term. They'll get the extra sales from her being attached and in a few years when mk12 comes out it'll be a different voice actress and nobody will remember this because y'all will have come up with a thousand other things to be outraged and upset about by then.
"I NEED YOU ALL TO UNDERSTAND HOW ABOVE IT ALL I AM AND HOW UNIMPORTANT I FIND THIS ALL TO BE. IT IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOESN'T MATTER."

okay

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Yes its all because we dont like....

They chose to used her as a VA they going to have to deal with the backlash thats how its going to be.
Oh my God you know what I mean. Ok, They're not gonna remove her from the game becuase she's a "sandy hook was fake" Saudi ass kissing crazy person.

Random people probably aren't gonna care enough. But that's not even my point. Im Just annoyed with it being in every single mk post. Whining about Rhonda in a thread about game mechanics isn't sending backlash to NRS

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Your post was certainly read as 'well, there's nothing else to do if folks like it'.
That's not what I'm saying. My stance is that she's gone years without backlash due to her popularity, that doesn't mean to not try to get her taken down but just know people love her. I dislike her personally so if she's out of anything I'm connected to then that's a win for me.

I've gotten in so many Ronda/WWE arguments you wouldn't believe. I don't even watch her segments anymore lol.

But that aside Ronda's a shit actor. Even if she's liked or disliked, she can't act at all. That goes beyond anyone's opinion of her character.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive behaviour in a sensitive discussion.
Where did she say that Sandy Hook never happened? She linked to a conspiracy theory video and said it was interesting. Did I miss the part where she guested on Alex Jones? She also deleted the tweet and hasn't said anything about it since. Not really truther behavior.

Regarding being transphobic, she was referring to the strength of being a man retaining through transitioning to a trans woman, and honestly I was pretty ignorant about this as well until I read up about it. Not a good look for sure since it's a "belief" and not based on any evidence. But back in the day I remember it was always said that men were just stronger than women biologically. Has she said anything else regarding trans people?

Regarding abuse, she found out her partner was taking nude pictures of her and he physically blocked her from leaving their apartment when confronted. Doesn't excuse it, but it's not like she was just beating up the dude regularly for no reason. It was an awful incident.

Where in that interview does she come off as a Saudi apologist? Everything she said was super positive about bringing people together.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

I'm sure when another "controversy" pops up, you'll be sure to tell people to not get "outraged" mister 61 posts. Now disappear into the ether until then.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DxJEyMNXgAAyj8O.jpg%3Alarge

The dog tags say Cassie Cage.

:(

Compare

2648701-cc2.jpeg

Cassie got beaten by the Ugly Brutality

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You are proving my exact point. This isn't about "sales" or "profit margins" and nor is it about downplaying this by saying this a simple issue people are getting "outraged" and "upset" by. Hiring a person like her is bad practice and sets a precedent of what may come.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
It's seriously disappointing and a part of me wants to believe it's only WB calling the shots about that kinda stuff and not NRS, especially considering how better they're getting at female representation in general.
Well Ed Boon has no problem taking selfies with Boogie at the event. So it could be that they don't care that much either. It's just business.

Riesenfass

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't see how her comments in the OP about fighting a trans MMA fighter is transphobic? Did she say something later that was gross or something? Her other views are definitely a problem.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I was on the fence about another NRS game anyway, but yeah no thanks to that. I'll be skipping this one after all.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's a Sonya Ronda skin and she's just wearing Johnny and Cassie's dog tags? I mean it looks nothing like the character from the last game. Really weird if that's Cassie.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I should clarify. Ronda is an exceptional fighter and she'll be remembered as such forever.

I think she has a cool demeanor about her, but when the rumors starting flying that she'll be voicing a character in MK11, my reaction was firmly "ew."

I don't want any celebrity like Ronda Rousey in any game I want to play. It's just gross. I can't quite explain why, it just is.

I read the OP and now I'm alarmed about what kind of person she is—I had no idea about any of that.

Long story short: pre-order cancelled.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Where did she say that Sandy Hook never happened? She linked to a conspiracy theory video and said it was interesting. Did I miss the part where she guested on Alex Jones? She also deleted the tweet and hasn't said anything about it since. Not really truther behavior.

To even entertain the idea that Sandy Hook was a conspiracy is despicable.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe wait until we see more of her in motion and not her just looking angry? Also her face is better than MKX.

I always have to laugh about people bitching about freeze frames or a second from a trailer.

For NRS games I agree and I did as such for Scarlet (Hated how she looked in the first trailer but there's other looks for her that are way better) but its obvious they are modeling her to look like Rhonda.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you think hiring someone like her is completely ok?

MlbGeo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure when another "controversy" pops up, you'll be sure to tell people to not get "outraged" mister 61 posts. Now disappear into the ether until then.

61 posts 😆 I've been on gaf/era for 14 years. I don't post much anymore because half the stuff that gets posted here is beyond stupid.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
MK11 is probably going to be a game I'll enjoy playing. I'll have a lot of fun with it, enjoy it's robust modes, interesting characters, graphic fatalities, fun combat, intriguing story, bountiful extras.

... But Ronda is a very problematic casting choice, and that's ALWAYS going to bother me playing this game.

Mortal Kombat's infamous gore and shock value may have made it famous, but her toxic views regarding actual real-world murders and tragedies, her transphobic remarks, and other highly regressive views makes her stunt casting in this game a very bitter pill to swallow.

I won't just complain here, and while they are far too along to change it, I will be reaching out to WB Games for comment and to express my disappointment.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What two things do the WWE and MK now have in common? Questionable morals and Rhonda Rousey! lol.

Pretty sure there was a WWE/MK collaboration in the past.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
once her story sections are done, i will actively avoid playing as Sonya for the duration of my experience with this game.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Do you believe that if someone says something dumb they should never be allowed to work again ever?
Probably depends what kind of amends the person has done. Apology is always a start, but it's easy to be insincere. She deleted her Sandy Hook tweet, but has she commented on it later? Other than the quick excuse of being a patriot after deleting it? And Rousey hasn't just talked, she's also a domestic abuser.

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
It's so gross. The fact they are using her for advertisement on the main stage and such is so bad.

I didnt even have interest in MK but seeing her so prominently would easily make me not want to play in a heartbeat.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Maybe I've missed something but how is she transphobic? She said she wouldn't fight somone who went through puberty as a male? I mean it's a pretty reasonable thing to say as a female fighter. You cant argue that men have a huge unfair advantage over women when it comes to MMA. Im totally accepting of people determining their own gender but I'm an asshole for for agreeing with her that women shouldn't have to fight someone who went through puberty as a male?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Wait where was Cassie revealed ? I missed it ? I saw the pic here but where is it from ?