• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Burn him at the stake.
And the plates.
And the fridge.
And the apartment.
And your belongings.
Acid bath after.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cowboy-Bebop-Toys-in-the-Attic-gif-001-20171207.gif
lol

OP start talking or that's your fridge in a couple of months

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Lordy lord. Wasting food is one of my biggest pet peeves. Luckily, it doesn't look too wasteful. At least he made some penicillin. (The gray/green stuff)
80105529.jpg

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
In my 20's I lived in a house with four other guys. I gave up on the kitchen fridge due to nastiness.

I ended up buying a small dorm fridge for my bedroom.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
That's some borderline Florida Man shit right there. You better solve that problem before you get assimilated.

Oct 25, 2017
Also, this isn't the first time this has happened. It wasn't this bad before it was just moldy cheese and some expired stuff but he's also has a history of leaving his pots full of cooked food on the stove overnight. One I went into the kitchen and smelled something foul that nearly made me wanna puke and was trying to figure out wtf it was and I figured out it was his pot full of shrimp Alfredo he made that went bad... The thing is that he also cooks ALOT. like every meal he has at home is cooked immediately so I definitely believes he just forgets about them. But whatever, his mad at me for throwing his crap away, if he wants me to replace his containers I don't mind doing it but I am NOT living with f***ing mold.

First off:

A) Glad you threw that shit out. There should be zero tolerance for rotting shit next to your fucking food

B) Also good- talk to this dude directly; none of this usual Era/GAf pushover OP business where they refuse to confront someone over a very real, serious issue.

C) Don't relent; the mold dude is in the wrong, not you. And so is your friend for being so nonchalant about it, owner of the house or not.

D) If this is a common occurrence (leaving rotting food out, etc) create guidelines and consequences where the owner friend has clearly failed. Tell Mr Mold that you will continue chucking his rotting food shit (container and all) if left out if he continues leaving it. This may mean locking up your own plates/cutlery/cookware in your room for protection from retaliation, but it must be done to get through to this inconsiderate ass.

Let us know how it goes. Can't stand shit heads like these, and there's nothing more satisfying than putting them in their place when called for. It's likely never happened to him and long overdue for this guy. Good luck.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, my roommate does the same thing. The one thing i asked her when i moved in was to make sure there is nothing left to that could rot in the fridge as i find it upsetting, and shes never followed through with it. Its actually quite gross. She also never cleans the litter box despite having two cats, but this one doesn't bother me, i've a cat too and just do it once a day.

In her defence she does stay at her boyfriends a lot, but she does literally nothing in the apartment (though will still complain if she ever has to). The amount of space i get for only having to pay half the rent and bills makes it worthwhile though.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is certainly fucked, but I respect the interest. Some people eat booty, others collect mold.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
How fucking hard is it to dispose of perishable food?

I'm the laziest person imaginable and I throw my shit out.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Throw the moldy shit out and confront him with some tact. If he's going to keep leaving his moldy shit in the fridge then he's gotta go.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus, that's disgusting. The owner of the house still acting like this is nothing?
Can you move, OP? I would never look at that fridge the same way again.
Now I'm worried for how long that shit was near your food.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Get that shit out of your kitchen and bleach your fridge until every single surface is completely decontaminated. Even if the mold isn't immediately dangerous, it's still not healthy to have that much of it anywhere near your food.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't hate on their hobby. Penicillin was invented by people like your roommate.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if one of my roommates let things get that bad they're going to have to pay for a new fridge

... and possibly a new kitchen