• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was just announced live on Funhaus' Gaming Weekly stream. Rooster Teeth will start uploading older Machinima content over the next few months.

-The Know on Youtube is now Inside Gaming
-All social media accounts for Machinima are rebranded to Inside Gaming

The Know's rebranding to Inside Gaming has already started:

Last edited:

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, Inside Gaming is back. That return a few years ago with Matt and co didn't work as well without the Funhaus crew. I hope this means the better shows from Machinima also restored to watch again.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Early seasons were uploaded to Machinima's website along side RT's site, but never on Machinima's YT.

Ah. I need to get back into RvB. I stopped after the Chorus Saga was done but then when the next season was an anthology thing I dipped out but I never got back in after that.

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao.

The old inside gaming team left Machinima and made Funhaus with Roosterteeth

Now machinima is dead and they took inside gaming back

That's amazing

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Is Machinima still around? They were the bane of Youtube there about 6-7 years ago but I haven't heard much since.

Old Content that is being rereleased
OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As of right now here is the content they will be bringing back: https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/machinima-rooster-teeth-inside-gaming-1203136988/

• "Hedgehog for Hire": Sonic is washed up and out of work. He needs cash fast and will do anything to pay the rent. All 100 episodes and eight all-new episodes premiere on March 19.
  • "All Your History Are Belong To Us": Docu-series that details the game development history of favorite games and developers, including "Call of Duty" and "Halo" and Bungie, Blizzard, and Valve. All episodes start streaming March 22.
  • "Assassin's Creed Musical": Musical numbers exploring the feeling and intentions behind the popular game.
  • "Minecraft Horror Story": Loosely based on FX's "American Horror Story," the show follows the story of a cursed house and its different owners and visitors over the course of a century.
  • "Minecraft: The N00b Adventures": N00bly, Minecraft's newest player, explores and adventures through the game with his newfound pals Snake and Garfunkel.
  • "Titanfall Dropout": In-game series about Dex and Gif, two engineers who have to repair and deploy Titans to the pilots they hate.
  • "Boss Battles": Iconic video game and pop-culture bosses engage in a no-holds-barred battles to the end.

They will also be archiving old Insider Gaming videos:

In addition to the relaunch of "Inside Gaming," Rooster Teeth is launching an archive of show's content from 2008-15 comprising all the non-editorial videos from the show. That includes the "Inside Gaming" podcast and gameplay series "Steam Roulette," "Inside Gaming Q&A," "The Sims" and "GTA."

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
All Your History Are Belong To Us was great, hoping that it'll come back.

It may not be unique today but the host and presentation made it great.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
All Your History and Sonic for Hire are some great gets from Machinima's archive but there are some other big ones missing. I hope we can get Battlefield Friends and Sanity Not Included back up.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
All Your History's one of my favorites, would love to see it rebooted or a channel that does similar overviews.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
And I just recently got into Funhaus...

Have they said anywhere what's going on with that? Are they pulling double duty or just focusing on this new (old) thing now?

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And I just recently got into Funhaus...

Have they said anywhere what's going on with that? Are they pulling double duty or just focusing on this new (old) thing now?

Funhaus is still a thing. Inside Gaming will be a mix of people from Funhaus, The Know, Machinima, and other places within Rooster Teeth.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why Warner Bros is letting this happen. Looking at a tweet from one of the funhaus guys it seems like this content might not belong to RT. I'm sure they wouldn't do this without thinking that Warners could sue so I'm sure they'll be fine, but I'm shocked that WB is letting RT make money on branding and IP that they technically own.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
It feels nice to watch Inside Gaming again.

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why Warner Bros is letting this happen. Looking at a tweet from one of the funhaus guys it seems like this content might not belong to RT. I'm sure they wouldn't do this without thinking that Warners could sue so I'm sure they'll be fine, but I'm shocked that WB is letting RT make money on branding and IP that they technically own.

They all fall under AT&T. Fullscreen which is someone down the corporate ladder owns/oversees both Machinima and Rooster Teeth

Edit correction: Otter Media is Rooster Teeth and Fullscreen is Machinima, but both fall under AT&T

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
So no more Ashley Jenkins, Meg Turney or Mika Burton?

Mica left a long time ago; and Meg, even longer than that.

Ashley was the last one to unceremoniously leave, which kinda sucked, because The Know was basically her creation and she never even got the chance to say goodbye to her audience. Very weird choice.

The Know never recovered after that, which I'm sure is one of the reasons it's now getting rebranded.

Ashley's new project is Game Time, a sort of "let's play" series.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Oh yeah!!!!! Wonder how long this was in the works because now Funhaus' gaming news show makes more sense leading up to this.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
In all of my excitement I forgot to check if anyone else had a thread for this. Oopsie.

Does this herald the return of the IG Awards? What about little baby boy Spoole?

Oct 25, 2017
Mica left a long time ago; and Meg, even longer than that.

Ashley was the last one to unceremoniously leave, which kinda sucked, because The Know was basically her creation and she never even got the chance to say goodbye to her audience. Very weird choice.

The Know never recovered after that, which I'm sure is one of the reasons it's now getting rebranded.

Ashley's new project is Game Time, a sort of "let's play" series.

Honestly, this was for the best.

I love RoosterTeeth and their content, but the know was a constant source of embarrassment. It was some of the shoddiest journalism in games I had seen, and the news was given so blandly. Like, the only good thing about it was the fact Burnie said it was basically an excuse they made to get into events like E3.

The new Game Time is much better, and I grew up watching IG. So this is all good in my book

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Oil Baron Todd Howard will visit their offices again and hang out talking about Fallout. Yeeeeeeeeehaaww

I'm so happy IG is back. :')

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Great news! A few months ago I tried to rewatch the "all your history" series for like the 10th time (haven't seen it in like 4 years), but to my horror, many of the episodes were made private or missing. Can't wait to finally watch them again, and I'm glad it didn't, ironically, get lost to history!