1. Xaszatm

Xaszatm
    Member OP

This was found in the “Art of Super Mario Oddysey” book:

[​IMG]

Why wasn’t this in the game? She looks amazing!

2. Zubz

Zubz

If casual Rosalina isn’t in Odyssey 2, Miyamoto deserves to be arrested.

3. Pop-O-Matic

Pop-O-Matic

I'm pretty sure she's been demoted to secondary cast like Daisy and Waluigi.

4. Yoshimitsu126

Yoshimitsu126

I want to say it might make the wedding plot more complicated even though there is no relationship going on between her and the rest of the Mario crew.

5. Life is Strange Nintendo Switch exclusive character.

6. Panzermoon

Panzermoon

This would have been cool. No reason she shouldn’t have been in :S. Hopefully in the sequel

7. Nirolak

Nirolak

I see she's preparing for her role as Marceline the Vampire Queen.

8. InfiniDragon

InfiniDragon

Yeah I love that idea. We need to see guitar Rosie in a game, casual clothes and all.

9. NKnight7

NKnight7

Yeah she looks great, maybe she'll appear in a sequel.

10. bluehat9

bluehat9

Did everyone know she was left-handed or is this new lore (or is it non-canon because it wasn't used)?

11. Joseki

Joseki

Whitewashing

12. jediyoshi

jediyoshi

I love it and I need it

13. GreenMamba

GreenMamba

3D Mario kind of felt like it was living in Galaxy's shadow before Odyssey, I think leaving Rosalina out of Odyssey was part of moving past that and being it's own thing.

14. MaitreWakou

MaitreWakou

She was probably supposed to appear in a world that couldn't make it into the final game since I don't see her fitting in any of the worlds that we have in Odyssey. I hope we'll see her in the sequel, this design is very good, I love her.

15. Zalman

Zalman

Saving some ideas for Odyssey 2, I see.

16. P-Switch

P-Switch
    Alt Account Member

DLC obviously

17. WestEgg

WestEgg

Between this and the Breath of the Wild’s little people, Metallica Ganondorf, and UFOs, Nintendo should make a “lost tales” series of short games with all these wild concepts. Spin it like how DC comics had “imaginary stories” comics.

18. Xaszatm

Xaszatm
    Member OP

She is according to a lot of side stuff.

19. Xeno

Xeno

Much more wholesome than that other cut idea

20. yuoke

yuoke

Rosalina in casual realistic clothes seems offputting, but she should have gotten at least a cameo.

Looks like she might basically be at daisy and waluigi tier now.

21. Lord Vatek

Lord Vatek

This is more important than that Princess Bowser deleted part.

22. ASarafanov

ASarafanov
    Banned Member

Queen of Nintendo

23. Neiteio

Neiteio

Hahahah XD

24. Tibarn

Tibarn

Nintendo artists are the best artists.

25. Chalphy

Chalphy

Since she has a guitar, I wonder if perhaps the New Donk band was supposed to have legacy characters alongside Pauline, rather than just the generic musicians in the final game.

26. I'm quoting this just so people can look at this again further down the page. Because honestly wow — I LOVE this take on Rosalina. She's such a great character, one of the very few in the Mario series with any sort of backstory or depth, and she's someone who really ought to be appearing more.

Galaxy is 10 years old. It deserves so much more respect. The games should be on Switch in HD immediately, and Rosalina ought to be making more appearances. Particularly with the star / cross earrings, and the emo guitar look.

27. roguesquirrel

roguesquirrel

this is a weird leap when the casual street clothes and guitar evoke the getting the band together mission in new donk

28. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

Would have been a good excuse for some DLC, Nintendo!

29. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

She already was playable in a mainline Mario game so, no.

30. I don't know if this was the idea, but what could've been potentially really cool is it were an all-girl band of Pauline, Rosalina, Daisy, and Toadette on drums.

31. Pop-O-Matic

Pop-O-Matic

Doesn't mean they can't shove her back to Party-ville.

32. I dunno. She could have been a travelling musician looking for inspiration or something. Weren't there little challenges focused on collecting musical notes before the time ran out? Maybe they were originally meant to involve her somehow.

33. Tibarn

Tibarn

She's already her own character in Smash, the ultima praise Nintendo can give to a character.

34. Nah. She's been in 3 of the 5 3D marios since Galaxy, including being playable in 3D world, and had a small cameo (as one of the sprites) in Odyssey. Daisy and Waluigi fans could only dream of that amount of representation in the actual games, and she was obviously considered for more of a appearance in Odyssey too.

You miss one game in a row and you're at waluigi tier? lol. Luigi wasn't even in the base game, for how much they cut back the use of existing mario characters.

35. Jazzem

Jazzem

Holy shit that design is great, can't believe they didn't use that!

36. MaitreWakou

MaitreWakou

Not really since New Donk band definitely don't have casual clothes and don't use acoustic guitar. But yeah, we can indeed think it could have been for this mission, way before the New Donk Band was even a thing. But imo this design was probably done way before that missions were already planned. My first thought was just that New Donk already had it's Mario character, Pauline, so they would save Rosalina to be the star of another country. But yeah, hard to know. Just my thoughts for what it's worth.

37. Aprikurt

Aprikurt

She’s appeared in a mainline Mario game so she eats Waluigi’s lunch and drops fresh biscuits in his dessert mate

38. mindsale

mindsale

Don’t vampires hate crosses? Super Christian Rosalina.

39. That means she would've been with Pauline then? This could've been the route we deserved.

40. Sterok

Sterok

True art.

41. MaitreWakou

MaitreWakou

She even appeared in THREE mainline Mario games, she is playable in one of them, and she is playable as a unique character in Smash, so yeah lol

42. Heartskips

Heartskips

Best Mario character. I hope she gets in Odyssey 2.

43. roguesquirrel

roguesquirrel

I just think "New Donk was originally more modern in how it presented urban life" is a much shorter leap than "It was clearly for a cancelled world"

44. Pancracio17

Pancracio17

I fucking need this

45. Illusion

Illusion
    Banned Member

She has to be voiced by Olivia Olson. <3

46. Village

Village

GOnna need Rosaline The Star Queen Stat

She's a thousand years old and she never really lost track of her moral code

47. BaconHat

BaconHat

Cool design, but i would not be suprised if it was made when they were deciding what was their acceptable limits to redesigning key aspects of a mario game look and feel, similar to BOTW concept art with modern link and gannondof, and probably had no chance of ever getting into the finished product.

48. KtotheRoc

KtotheRoc

I dig this look for Rosalina. Nintendo really should use it somewhere.

49. Lylo

Lylo

I don't know, that art isn't whimsical enough, looks like it belongs to a game like LiS, not Mario...

50. MaitreWakou

MaitreWakou

I never said "it was CLEARLY for a cancelled world", it was just my theory when I saw this, that's it, no need to judge my worthless opinion like that, it's fine ^^

51. Bard

Bard

Let's see how long it takes this to be cosplayed in comparisson to Bowsette.

52. I was happy that she didn't make it because I like them giving the game some of its own character with Pauline... but that is some nice artwork.

Odyssey 2, do it.

53. WestEgg

WestEgg

Rosalina is too cool to be overused and risk overshadowing Peach, but she has a good role within the series. She’s basically the Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune of the series.

54. Phendrift

Phendrift

Yeah, this makes sense. The entire tone of 3D World’s post game relies heavily on Galaxy