• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was found in the "Art of Super Mario Oddysey" book:

DoLpvUyU4AAbk8a.jpg:large

Why wasn't this in the game? She looks amazing!

Let's see how long it takes this to be cosplayed in comparisson to Bowsette.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was happy that she didn't make it because I like them giving the game some of its own character with Pauline... but that is some nice artwork.

Odyssey 2, do it.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rosalina is too cool to be overused and risk overshadowing Peach, but she has a good role within the series. She's basically the Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune of the series.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
3D Mario kind of felt like it was living in Galaxy's shadow before Odyssey, I think leaving Rosalina out of Odyssey was part of moving past that and being it's own thing.
Yeah this, most people would have hoped for a third Galaxy and the team wanted to move on.

With her guitar she most probably got the part of Pauline before it was changed

FulgoreX

Alt Account
Sep 27, 2018
I feel she would have taken too much away from Pauline, and Rosalina was also in 3D World. it's best to let her sit out of main games before she gets stale and overused.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wish they would have added guitarist Rosalina. She looks so cool.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
She probably would have stuck out in New Donk City because she's like 7 and a half feet tall.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I feel she would have taken too much away from Pauline, and Rosalina was also in 3D World. it's best to let her sit out of main games before she gets stale and overused.

3 main games! So stale and overused! She would have stuck out like a sore thumb from all the unique and completely new characters in Odyssey!

Deleted member 2099

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God she wasn't in Odyssey. She doesn't need to be shoe horned into everything. She's not necessary.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Odyssey was only bland gameplay wise, for Mario it tried lots of fresh stuff.

Bland was 3d land , NSMB and 3D World
It's hard for me to call 3D World bland when it was one of the most consistently inventive games I've played with something new and fresh every level. I really liked the incorporation of the official 2D art style in its Icons and promotional material. The Big Band soundtrack was also great. The world maps could have used some touching up, but otherwise, I think it did a great job and didn't play it as safe as some people give it credit for.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It's hard for me to call 3D World bland when it was one of the most consistently inventive games I've played with something new and fresh every level. I really liked the incorporation of the official 2D art style in its Icons and promotional material. The Big Band soundtrack was also great. The world maps could have used some touching up, but otherwise, I think it did a great job and didn't play it as safe as some people give it credit for.
Yeah 3D World was wild, every level was unique with it's own gimmick. It's just a pure joy to play and to look at. Every 3D Mario game is just awesome, I don't understand how it's even debatable, the people behind those games are some of the best designers in the entire world and the entire industry respect them.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Between this and the strange Isle Delfino hints, something tells me there were some cut Odyssey kingdoms that they are hopefully going to use in a sequel, judging by the lack of any substantial DLC.

Maybe this is why I felt Odyssey dropped off significantly after the Bowser fight. I didn't really enjoy the "Dark" and "Darker" side kingdoms, nor did I enjoy a lot of the filler-type moons that comprised the rest of the game.

A Sunshine and Galaxy Kingdom would've been a great way to end things off.

Here's hoping Princess Bowser makes an official appearence, too.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think there's a good place for her in the final plot as it stands, but she would've been a fun postgame inclusion along the same sort of lines as tracking Peach down across the world.

Great design, though.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Love that design. Shame on you Nintendo for leaving out best princess.

Anyone know if there's a less blurry pic of it somewhere?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I was ready to say I had no problem with her not making the cut but that concept art is sick.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
That appearance would make sense in the concept art of New Donk actually being Mario themed, she probably stands out too much in the "realistic" New Donk they went for though.

DoI9rCFU8AAHUqs.jpg%3Alarge

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i'm now gonna be disappointed if they make an Oddysey 2 and she doesn't make it in.