• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't understand this whole "You're an anti-Semite if you don't fellate the motherland" thing that conservatives have going on at the moment.

Yeah I'm not understanding why people have problems with criticism of a country for the actions of its government.

It's like this here too when we have threads about what the China government is doing.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
She's starred in that science fiction film Annihilation
She was in one of the most acclaimed films of 2018, Annihilation.
That's rather strange, you don't watch (American) films a lot? Last year she was in Annihilation which got a lot of buzz even here. And 2017 she was Oscar, Bafta, Golden Globe nominated for Jackie. She also did two films with Terrence Malick after Thor.
Annihilation was film of the year last year, sorry
So Roseanne is popping off on Portman because of Annihilation? Now I'm even more confused.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So Roseanne is popping off on Portman because of Annihilation? Now I'm even more confused.
I think it's about this.

the comedian took on Portman, who last April outraged many upon declining to take part in an award ceremony as the recipient of the Genesis Prize Laureate, explaining she "did not want to appear as endorsing Benjamin Netanyahu, who was to be giving a speech at the ceremony."

"It was really sickening, I find her repulsive," said Barr of Portman in the interview. "She was raised in incredible privilege of safety in the Jewish state and knows nothing about anti-Semitism."

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
She strikes me as someone who would loudly yell "The left are the real racists!" unironically.