• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Let's see Portman went to like Yale or something while Roseanne is a proud ignorant .... I wonder who researched their opinion more thoroughly....

Let's ask Tom Arnold

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Yeah Natalie Portman, that notorious *checks notes* Jewish antisemite?

Then again maybe non-Jews labeling Jews as being antisemetic is just in vogue these days. I've even gotten it here before.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
So you're saying the lady with first-hand experience about life in Israel has no idea what she's talking about. Oooohhhkay then...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What Kevin Hart said was NOT really old because he recently defended what he said and he did NOT say he was sorry "over and over." He refused to say he was sorry until his job was threatened.

How the fuck is anyone still pushing this, "He apologized so many times!" nonsense?

What's going on with Portman? This is the first I've heard from her since leaving the MCU.

She was in one of the most acclaimed films of 2018, Annihilation.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
roseanne's kneejerk hostility towards any criticism of israel makes me feel like I'm at thanksgiving dinner with my family

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The moment Trump is out of the office he will make TV station with all the rejects.

Barr, Jones, Shapiro, Tequilla, O'Reily, Woods.

I can see it already, Real News Network.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
She had plenty of chances. More than she deserved really. How hard is it to just not say dumb shit on twitte...well, walked into that one.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
roseanne needs to take a page from the book of george and do the opposite of everything she wants to do.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Kevin is shook right now.

Life comes at ya fast when you find out Rosanne has your back

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
What's going on with Portman? This is the first I've heard from her since leaving the MCU.
That's rather strange, you don't watch (American) films a lot? Last year she was in Annihilation which got a lot of buzz even here. And 2017 she was Oscar, Bafta, Golden Globe nominated for Jackie. She also did two films with Terrence Malick after Thor.

Oct 31, 2017
"Most acclaimed" is not an accurate description of Annihilation. Moderately well-reviewed, maybe.

But yeah, Portman has worked steadily since the mid-90s. Asking "where is she" is weird.

I agree with you about Annihilation but her career did take a dive after the Star Wars prequels and it's not like she's been in a bunch of big pictures after Thor 2(and it's not like those two Thor movies were can't miss events or anything major) with the most notable one being Annihilation

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you about Annihilation but her career did take a dive after the Star Wars prequels and it's not like she's been in a bunch of big pictures after Thor 2(and it's not like those two Thor movies were can't miss events or anything major) with the most notable one being Annihilation

LMAO what? She won an Oscar for Black Swan.

There's more to life than Marvel and Star Wars.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck do these media outlets keep giving her racist ass any attention?

Let her be a miserable, washed up "comedian", racist on her own.

OP
OP
MinusTydus

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
UjjrE.png

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get Roseanne Barred from interviews and public appearances? Give her the full Milo treatment. She's a horrendous, nasal, self-important, cunt of a human being and she needs to crawl under the rock she appeared from.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand this whole "You're an anti-Semite if you don't fellate the motherland" thing that conservatives have going on at the moment.

Yeah Natalie Portman, that notorious *checks notes* Jewish antisemite?

Then again maybe non-Jews labeling Jews as being antisemetic is just in vogue these days. I've even gotten it here before.
They're both Jewish

Last edited:

anamika

May 18, 2018
It's indicative of American liberalism and how they see Palestinians in how much Roseanne dehumanized and said racist shit against Palestinians and no one much cared about her racism until she said racist shit about Valerie Jarrett. That's how much Palestinians are not people to Americans. She would have still had a successful TV show despite openly celebrating the genocide of the Palestinian people in the US of A if she had not made those remarks about Jarrett.
"It was really sickening, I find her repulsive," said Barr of Portman in the interview. "She was raised in incredible privilege of safety in the Jewish state and knows nothing about anti-Semitism."
As opposed to Palestinian children being shot and taken from their homes in the middle of the night by soldiers and put into solitary confinement as punishment for throwing stones. Yes, Israeli children have incredible privilege indeed.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I really don't understand this whole "You're an anti-Semite if you don't fellate the motherland" thing that conservatives have going on at the moment.

They're both Jewish
Oh, right. We'll replace "non-Jews" with "everyone" then I guess!

I think that sentiment is a combination of conservative militarism (and evangelicalism which includes a good deal antisemites as well) and a defensive backlash against the growing support for Palestinians. To many Jews, Israel has been seen as a sort of safe place for them, a haven in a region that generally hates Jews. The reality of Israel's cruelty is something that most of them were blind to, be it through ignorance of it or purposefully. To the uninitiated it can feel like support for Palestine is support for Hamas, I think, and in a world where racial and religious discrimination is becoming increasingly broadcast, to them support for Israel is somewhat of a defense against a growing wave of antisemitism.

I think that the latter is less and less common, especially since the majority of Jews, at least in the USA, are left wing. But when it comes to the right, it's business as usual. The difference is this time they're masquerading as caring about antisemitism despite most of them not giving a shit or actively being antisemitic themselves. Evangelicals care about Israel because it's where Jesus was from, and as far as they're concerned it's a place where the Jews can go and be Jewish in instead of clogging up America.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Even the basic facts are wrong in her nonsense. Natalie Portman was born in Israel, but she wasn't "raised" there. Her family moved to the US when she was 3.

She mostly grew up on Long Island.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
It's indicative of American liberalism and how they see Palestinians in how much Roseanne dehumanized and said racist shit against Palestinians and no one much cared about her racism until she said racist shit about Valerie Jarrett. That's how much Palestinians are not people to Americans. She would have still had a successful TV show despite openly celebrating the genocide of the Palestinian people in the US of A if she had not made those remarks about Jarrett.

As opposed to Palestinian children being shot and taken from their homes in the middle of the night by soldiers and put into solitary confinement as punishment for throwing stones. Yes, Israeli children have incredible privilege indeed.

Yeah, Barr talked shit about Palestine and Muslims for years and no one batted an eye. it's fucked up that so many people get away with caping for Israel and the IDF, even on this board.

Could you imagine what would happen if someone cheered for the holocaust, or tried to "both sides" Nazis and Jews? Good lord, that shit would never fly here.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Roseanne is a conservative, not a liberal. This has nothing to do with liberalism. Her vile opinions on Palestine are not widely known, as the US media doesn't follow Palestine's side on things or anything in many cases with the wider recognition it deserves - that's why you're not hearing about the reaction. Why would they have an opinion on a subject they barely know about in the news? While both sides of the political aisle do support Israel, this isn't as simple as saying they don't support Palestine (this is why the Two State Solution is popular with Democrats and the left as whole), the US has slowly shifted more and more to Palestine's side over generations.

Roseanne represents the conservative, toxic side of America who support's Bibi's actions. A side the Democrats have no problem agreeing with you about their terrible people for being hateful, bigoted opinions who dehumanise the Palestinians.

Jarret was a incident which exposed who she's been for decades. The general public don't follow her twitter, which she's done this and more and she routinely erases the contents before any catches on. She's very popular but she hasn't been at her peak since the 90's where everyone followed her every word.