• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is the better movie?

• Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 493 36.4%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 860 63.6%

• Total voters

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
00732b63c5675a2e406d835fc257c2c1.gif
I'm dying watching the guys just running away on the left

gww2ivou5sz01.gif

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Honestly, Revenge of the Sith. The Last Jedi has great highs, but never can quite stick the landing. Sith is consistent, and has the best scene in the prequels(the opera house).

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No sir.

The throne room fight in TLJ shreds all of the fights in the PT combined.

It's honestly one of the worst choreographed scenes in any SW film that isn't a part of the OT. People get distracted by the RED CURTAINS and don't pay attention to how crappy the editing, continuity, and staging are XD

But that doesn't make it a better movie.

Nor is TLJ not necessary to the mythos.

I'd sit down with friends and have a great time rewatching ROTS. I'd also get much more out of the far superior dramatic throughline and setting of the overall story.

I'd sooner kiss a Wookie than sit through 'the OT but worse', with frustratingly poor decision making, planning, cohesiveness, and wasted potential that is the similarly overstuffed and under developed TFA and TLJ. Everything that isn't Rey/Luke/Kylo in TLJ is a complete waste of time! :)

And don't get me started on how they mishandle and purposefully degrade potentially the most interesting character —Finn— :(

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
I concur the throne room scene is pretty bad. If you actually watch its mostly a bunch of dumb guards standing around swinging there weapons around and waiting their turn to come in. There was a stuntman who broke this scene down on some youtube vid its pretty funny.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i have to give it to TLJ (and in effect TFA) in they make RotS look like a saturday morning cartoon

that said i unironically love RotS

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Come on that's not fair. You picked the worst scene in ROTS versus one of the best scenes in TLJ.
.......That's not the worst scene in ROTS.

Sith is consistent, and has the best scene in the prequels(the opera house).
I see people praise this scene a lot when it's just an exposition dump coupled with Anakin acting like an idiot and never once questioning how a supposed politician knows such a story only to go

"HEY WHAT A MINUTE YOU'RE THE EVIL GUY?!!"

later in the film when Palpatine has to be even more obvious about being the big bad.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm dying watching the guys just running away on the left

gww2ivou5sz01.gif

I love that the guys on the left just STOP, turn around, and walk away near the end. XD

Every time I watch it some new terrible thing catching my eye XD

It's like they lost the final and had to make due glossing up one of the rehearsals.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
ROTS is a comically horrendous wreck.

TLJ is the first Star Wars movie with something to say since Empire, and has some of the best scenes in the series.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
TLJ is the better made movie, ROTS is more rewatchable but for mostly the wrong reasons. I'll vote for the latter but only just barely because I dislike both.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TLJ is the only Star Wars movie other than empire that has transcended its franchise as a film.

That said Palps is kick ass in the ROTS, in fact with Disney plus I just for the first time ever sat through all three prequels and it took me a week (man people were not kidding when they said these films, especially AOTC, are really bad) but I must admit it's worth watching anything with Palpatine. The rest of them can burn in trash.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
This is sad. Pitting the best and worst film, and the vocal minority ;) ;) ;) are choosing the worst?

That is trolling right there. Troll post!

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I should know better than to come into TLJ threads at this point...

It doesn't feel like a normal difference of opinion, it feels like half the internet saw a completely different movie. I don't hate Revenge of the Sith but thinking any of the prequels are better than TLJ is so absurd to me.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is a silly as fuck matchup.

One is a finale and the other is a second act.

ROTS should be compared to TROS and ROTJ.

TLJ should be compared to AOTC and ESB.
It's even less fair to compare TLJ to AOTC 😂
But that whole scene is great...
Especially the part where Sheev is holding the wrong lightsaber for large parts of it and how it rushes Anakin's turn to the darkside. I especially enjoy the random shot of Anakin running past a bunch of dead jedi bodies, not questioning it, and slowing down to walk. And somehow believing the guy with lightning hands isn't too dangerous to be kept alive. Which is followed by the murder of children five minutes later because fuck good pacing and writing.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I should know better than to come into TLJ threads at this point...

It doesn't feel like a normal difference of opinion, it feels like half the internet saw a completely different movie. I don't hate Revenge of the Sith but thinking any of the prequels are better than TLJ is so absurd to me.
A lot of people watched ROTS as a kid and refused to admit that they didn't know any better when it came to film quality. 🤷‍♂️

Rapid onset post-partum depression.
That's not how post-partum depression works.