• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is the better movie?

• Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 493 36.4%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 860 63.6%

• Total voters

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Battle of the movies with red coloured titles and lots of red in them. ROTS came out ahead in the saga poll and now the two titans go head to head. Finally the question will be put to rest.

tumblr_ow62vjj3Aq1utoj9eo2_500.gif

Tkr39If.jpg

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand why we're comparing these two movies. A better match-up would be TFA vs TLJ.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Revenge of the Sith is a really fun movie, better than the other prequels and both sequels so far. I will die on this hill.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
27.3% of you are fucking delusional.... and no I won't update that number as the poll gets more votes. You know who you were.

Now if we're talking Backstroke of the West, that's a different story. That was undeniably the more entertaining film.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
In before the bootleg gifs of the TLJ fight scenes with some Russian dude's head in the foreground...

I love TLJ to absolute bits. ROTS is a fun time, immortalized by the memes, but The Last Jedi is one of my favourite movies ever.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone picking ROTS is either trolling, salty or both.

RotS is actually important to Star Wars mythos with a great dramatic throughline and is a wonderfully entertaining B movie. TLJ is uneven, often illogical, frustrating for its place in a trilogy, and drags a LOT.

I'd watch RotS again with friends, to laugh at/with it if nothing else. You'd have to pay me to rewatch TFA or TLJ.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
The prequel trilogy are the worst of the mainline movies. ROTS is the best of the worst. TLJ is at least better than that.

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
On a serious note: even if I don't think it's a good movie now I loved ROTS when it released and saw it three times in theaters. And in 2005 I would be amazed that The Last Jedi could ever exist.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep falling asleep watching TLJ so ROTS by default.

The middle act in that movie has absolutely nothing going for it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Rots by far.

Rewatched it a lot. Fun movie.

Tlj is a miserable time.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You know it actually says a lot that this isn't even the climax of the second film and yet it has more emotional weight behind it than literally any fight in the PT, especially the Obi-wan vs. Anakin fight which was supposed to have three films worth of buildup and emotional weight. Hell, even the choreography was better by default because unlike the PT, all the supposed examples of bad choreography are super zoomed in nitpicky gifs and not....literally the entire frame of the shots. 🍵

Edit, case and point 😂

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Last Jedi is one of the greatest Star Wars movies ever made and second only to Empire.
Revenge of the Sith is pretty bad. Pretty easy for me to choose between the two.