• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
DmC: Devil May Cry (definitive edition) is highly underrated and is one of my favourite dmc games. It also has some of the best level design in the whole franchise.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I play Anthem quite a bit still and think it's a pretty impressive third person shooter RPG with wonderful flight mechanics that just needs additional work on story and mission structure.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Kameo Elements of Power was a cool game with fixable weaknesses that could and should have been addressed in sequels. It should have been Microsoft's Zelda-like experience.

It fuckin sucks that it's in purgatory like most of Microsoft's game IPs.

Texan365

Oct 27, 2017
Physical gimmicks are good for gaming.

Some of my favorite gaming moments include mastering plastic guitars and DJ mixers, waving around a wii-mote, playing with over-priced figurines, and, most recently, squeezing a pilates ring. I'm glad Nintendo at least is still willing to attempt some goofy stuff that will cause some to roll their eyes lol. I'm hopeful that the VR space will be the next frontier for physical props.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a top tier AAA game with an involving narrative, great hit boxed based combat mechanics, and wonderful art direction. The rpg systems are great, and the mercenary system ads an interesting wrinkle to attacking strongholds and great for leveling up and item drops. The amount of content is tremendous, and the DLC is well thought out and implemented.

Agreed. AC Odyssey is absolutely one of the best open world RPG's. Not perfect, but so great! Most of the people who disagree with this are those who have made up their minds about the franchise already.

Mar 30, 2019
Skyward Sword is the first Zelda game I considered better than Ocarina until BOTW usurped even that. My top 3 3D Zeldas right there. I love the wiimote combat and hope that someday a remaster will perfect the movement to clean up the remaining issues.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Kid Icarus is in the conversation for the best game of last generation and is without a doubt the best reboot of all time.

A lot of mobile games are actually pretty fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Andromeda was the correct trajectory for the series, emanating the feel of the unknown wonders of space is the right course of action. Where they fucked up was the execution. They just need to fix that and overhaul their entire damn development strategy where they have a complete vision from start to finish and not limp to finish line on top of the bodies of their team's "stress casualties".

Seriously BioWare get your shit together, you have made some the best games ever made and now your release an endless tide of mediocrity wrapped around a Kotaku article listing the chaos of your development for your last 3 games now.

Nov 1, 2017
Metroid Other M is a really fun game and I would rather play it over a lot of the games in the franchise. Regardless of what I (or anyone else) thinks about it's execution there were enough ideas in there that I would love to see refined and given a second shot in another game. Third person, a nimble Samus, and combat that leans more character action. I even thought moments when the camera went behind the shoulder and the game took a bit of a horror tone had a lot of potential in there too.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
The driving mechanics in Grand Theft Auto IV were the absolute best in the entire franchise, and the best in the open world genre. The weight, the drift, the feel - I loved driving in Liberty City more than any other title in the series!

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ryse and Killzone Shadow Fall were far better games than they were given credit for.

Ryse in particular was a victim of the disastrous Xbox One launch. It was a "Sony game" before Sony had even made one this gen yet and deserved better.

Yuuichi

Oct 25, 2017
東京砂漠
Bulletstorm was the best FPS campaign of the last decade.

It had incredible visual design, tight levels, a rock solid story, and fantastic set pieces that never outstayed their welcome on top of fantastic gunplay that rewarded mixing things up through gameplay systems.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
FF XV is one of the best FF games. Story is disjointed and pacing is scattershot, but when I think of that game I think "it had the best _____" and there are too many to ignore and continue underappreciating this game.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Duke Nukem Forever isn't that bad as the numbers tell. In a world full of Bruckheimer-ish rollercoaster rides that the FPS-genre was bursting out, DNF is a nice throwback to the good ol' days when we still had complex levels full of secrets in a lengthy single player campaign.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Dark's Souls 2 is a favorite. Not without its quirks of course, I am really enjoying this game again after forgetting about it over the past few years. The 60fps is also a good treat on PS4 pro considering the typical 30fps of FROM's other games.

newdivide

Oct 7, 2019
COD Infinite Warfare is one of the most complete and fun COD experiences, and has the best zombies mode map in the whole franchise.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the best Elder Scrolls game

Modded Oblivion is the best WRPG ever (ok my mind is telling me no on that one but my body is telling me yes)

TheOnlyJ

Oct 29, 2019
"Meme games" are great because they introduce new people to gaming. Sharing Untitled Goose Game with my mom and nephew is something amazing and makes me love the medium for how it can bring people together.

Fortnite is the type of game I dreamed about when I was a kid amd online gaming was just beginning. Shared world experiences of that size are incredible. Sadly, I am not the right age for it now, but if I was a teenager again I would be super happy to play it.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
All publishers even Nintendo and sony should release games on PC. Even if its a delayed-release it helps tremendously for both archiving purpose and able to play when you wont have your old console or its busted

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In BOTW the beast areas and the longest shrine were immersion breaking and I hope dungeons never return.

Oct 28, 2017
Controls and mechanics of PS1 Tomb Raider are absolutely fantastic and it's a real shame we haven't had anything like it since, in or out of the franchise.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Despite the mistrust of many around here, I believe many game developers just want to make a great product and are typically proud of what they produce, even if imperfect.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2 have some of the most heartfelt and charming characters ive experienced in a game in a while. The sense of comradery helps a ton

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Enter the Matrix is a lot of fun if you use all of the moves and game mechanics to your advantage (such as the first person mode to auto-aim). It was super ambitious for its time, and despite it being rough around the edges, is almost a masterpiece imo.
I agree with this

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I absolutely adored Factor 5's Lair and wish it got a proper sequel to iron out all the kinks.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
Liking the ME:Andromeda love in this thread. Game was nowhere near as bad as people claim even if it isn't as good as the original trilogy.

RE6(and Action RE in general) is fun as hell.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
The touchpad on the dualshock4 is the best addition to the controller. Multiple buttons-in-one, and very easy to press with low actuation force with small travel movement.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I am sure that by now, someone has already beat me to, but I will say it regardless.

Fallout 4 is an amazing game and I'd more fun with it that with F3 and F:NV.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually fairly entertained by Sonic Forces.

Finished it in a few sittings and had fun with it.

I wouldn't say it's a good game, but I had fun and it didn't over stay its welcome.

JPLC

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I actually really enjoyed Mass Effect 3's ending (at least, the one I got), even before the patch that added the "epilogue" scene.

I thought it fit with the universe they had built and the story they were trying to tell. Ultimately, I saw the entirety of Mass Effect 3 as the "ending" of the Mass Effect story; in that context, the last few minutes definitely fit in.

Granted, I had the "From Ashes" Javik DLC and brought Javik on basically every mission, and his unique dialogue offers a lot of context that makes the whole thing make sense; I can see how the ending was probably jarring for people who didn't have that DLC.