• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Jack Black playing Megalovania on Groove Coaster is not something I was expecting to see.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Thank God for Round 1. Theres one where I used to live in Grapevine, TX and while a bit pricey as stated it is a savior for those of us who enjoy JP based rhythm games.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Any Bemani fan knows the value of Round1, despite what little complaints I have about them here and there.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I love my Round 1, but I just wish they got new machines more often. Outside of Ticket Machines (which are regularly new), the newest Japanese machine they have is the new Dancerush Stardom (2 of those), while still haivng the "New" tags on Crossbeats Rev (which is now a discontinued game), and they got Halo Fireteam Raven instead of House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn.

My only other complaint is that the place is EXPENSIVE- Claw machines cost the equivelent of over $2 per play, and the cheapest/oldest machines cost more than $1 to play

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I love my Round 1, but I just wish they got new machines more often. Outside of Ticket Machines (which are regularly new), the newest Japanese machine they have is the new Dancerush Stardom (2 of those), while still haivng the "New" tags on Crossbeats Rev (which is now a discontinued game), and they got Halo Fireteam Raven instead of House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn.

My only other complaint is that the place is EXPENSIVE- Claw machines cost the equivelent of over $2 per play, and the cheapest/oldest machines cost more than $1 to play
Yeah, the closest one to me actually has a good and recent selection and the machines are in nice shape, but (1) it's expensive and (2) volume is set way too high on each machine.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the closest one to me actually has a good and recent selection and the machines are in nice shape, but (1) it's expensive and (2) volume is set way too high on each machine.
Yeah, they maintain the condition of the Fighting and Music games really well (that said- the Castlevania arcade machine has been broken all but one time in the 3 years i've been visiting my local R1), and while we do have a good selection- 3 different Sound Voltex, Project Diva, 2 different Beatmanias, 3 different Pump machines- I just wish they had something new more often, or hell, they just got a damn Jubeat machine in!

as far as sound goes, all the music games have headphone jacks. It's basically the last place I use wired headphones haha

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone is praising these videos, but, to me, he just seems to come off as a South Park caricature of a YouTuber.

dims

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Hm. I'm wondering how this channel will shake out when they get Jack to do more traditional games stuff. These are neat little videos, but there's barely 60 seconds of actual content here between intro and outro.

There are also bits of Jack Black's humor that I just don't care for in here and it's a bit too memey with the editing. But hey, long as everyone else enjoys it it's not my place to judge.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I would MUCH rather have a channel about Jack going around to arcades and shit than just let's plays.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Arcades were more of a thing in the UK. The most I see is in a cinema.

Are they still prevalent as I imagine in the States?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
This video series so far have been great. I like his focus on gaming centres like these. Praise be to Jablinski.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wish Arcades were more of a thing in the UK. The most I see is in a cinema.

Are they still prevalent as I imagine in the States?

No not at all, arcades are pretty much just as dead here. The only places you'll find them is in big cities or at "chain" places like Dave and Busters which is a restaurant/arcade (they aren't in many states).

You used to be able to literally find arcades in almost any mall or they had their own store and those are pretty much all dead now (including most malls themselves).

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
These are more well put together than I expected. And good lengths too. Rope em in, Jack!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I go to that Round One (in City of Industry) all the time, but they're opening one up in BURBANK

AHHHHHHH

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I honestly couldn't say why, but it kind of warms my heart that Jack Black is aware of Undertale.

There have been a couple Round One locations within like 30-45 minutes of me for a while now, but they just opened one up that's only about 10 minutes away. I need to go check out Dancerush.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
undertale has always been popular on youtube, but whats caused this burst of undertale popularity again on social media?

the 'sans undertale' meme? undertale hitting switch? both?

all i know is i want more undertale in my wrestling

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the 'game streaming coming soon' is continually a bait and switch. It's a pretty good schtick. While those might actually be fun, I mean, it's JB, I really like just seeing him goofing off in arcades.