• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Killzone 2 as positional audio issues on RPCS3. I only hear audio from characters that I'm directly facing and am close to. Sometimes music will be louder than the audio and missing at other times.

Anyone know if there are workarounds for the audio issues?

No mentions of audio issues. https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Killzone_2
I tried it and i'll have to try another settings as it ran at 15-30fps for me, it jumped around so much that was unplayable but i haven't noticed any audio issues.

I have a Ryzen 5 5600X

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
No mentions of audio issues. https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Killzone_2
I tried it and i'll have to try another settings as it ran at 15-30fps for me, it jumped around so much that was unplayable but i haven't noticed any audio issues.

I have a Ryzen 5 5600X

You should get a decent performance jump if you disable SPU post-processing using the patch.

I have a Ryzen 9 5950X and an RTX 3080. If I disable SPU post-processing and run vblank at 120Hz. The game runs between 40 and 60 fps with occasional dips to the high 20s to low 30s when a lot of shader compliation is going on. This is also while being interally rendered at 3200x1800. The Killzone 3 settings work pretty well for KZ2, which also helps to further improve performance.

My issue though is that, even with only using the suggest settings in the wiki guide an no other changes, the audio levels are off. I've looked on google and there have seen one or two reddit threads were people have run in to the same audio issues I'm running into fo rKZ2.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
To update Killzone 3 runs even better than KZ2. With the Disable MLAA patch, internal rendering at 3200x1800, ZCull set to Relaxed, and Vblank set to 120Hz. The game has run at a solid 60fps so far, while playing through the intor and first levels, and it looks really good.

Oct 25, 2017
i read you can apply KZ3 patch to KZ2, i have to figure out how to do that, i'll try later, i need some will power to trouble shoot this xD.

Anyway you have a beefier CPU than mine Vanta Aurelius , i have beefier GPU but this emulator is all about CPU, so probably that's why you get better results in KZ2 as i tried with the patches on.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
That is insane. I need to give it another go, really want to give Ridge Racer 7 another crack as I was still experiencing some slowdown last time I tried.

Never finished RDR on 360, either. Could be good to jump back into that too if it's actually playable on my PC.

Dec 5, 2017
That is insane. I need to give it another go, really want to give Ridge Racer 7 another crack as I was still experiencing some slowdown last time I tried.

Never finished RDR on 360, either. Could be good to jump back into that too if it's actually playable on my PC.
It's not playable on your PC. The mention of it in the video is about outside of town fps, with inside town fps still being bad / unplayable.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Played MGS4 and MGS3 on this ... amazing!

I have been waiting for Ratchet Crack in Time to become perfect, but it still has some flickering graphics and white boxes even with color reads enabled.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Has anyone tried the Killzone games lately? Is the performance playable? I don't mind drops as long as i can get close to 30 fps performance. I have a 3900x and rtx 3080.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried the Killzone games lately? Is the performance playable? I don't mind drops as long as i can get close to 30 fps performance. I have a 3900x and rtx 3080.

check from these post and a few above https://www.resetera.com/threads/rp...ue-hidden-power-of-the-ps3.3819/post-85490905, i have a similar setup as yours and couldn't make them work at stable 30fps but i got bored and didn't tweak it much, plus now the last update improved performance in amd a lot so maybe they're better now.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tried Killzone 2 today. No updates just 1.0 and in the first battle scene I was getting around 25-30 fps. Good enough for me if it stays that way

Can't get Killzone 3 to dump :/

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Is anyone on Era game to eyeball my PC's log?

I've been noodling around with RPCS3 for a few nights now on my i9 + 1070 combo and I keep getting a black screen, even on XMB launching. I've spent ages restoring a PS3 and priming it up for game nights, but I'm trying to find a future-proof way to play split-screen Driver San Francisco with my partner.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
The folks working on RPCS3 (+more) are working on a PS4 emulator, seems like they've been able to boot a game (We are doomed on PS4).

github.com

GitHub - RPCSX/rpcsx

Contribute to RPCSX/rpcsx development by creating an account on GitHub.

Exciting times ahead :)

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
wccftech.com

Intel AVX10 ISA To Feature AVX-512 Instructions With Support on Both P-Cores & E-Cores

Intel's upcoming AVX10 ISA (Instruction Set Architecture) has been detailed and comes with AVX-512 support for both P-Cores & E-Cores.

The return of AVX-512 to intel?

View: https://twitter.com/never_released/status/1683564611713355780?s=20

In a nutshell -> AVX-512 is nice nice for RPCS3

With Alder-Lake's IPC increase and node effficiency the performance w.r.t. emulation got a huge jump. Although AVX-512 is not supported on the E-cores and intel disabled it afterwards.
Zen 4 has AVX-512 support thus bringing the necessary performance parity to AMD's processors being a good option for RPCS3 emulation (intel had a long dominance for this emulator). Although Raptor lake is still no slouch.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
One day I'll get Bloodborne at 60fps. One day.

Considering the folks working on this (check the contributors om github). I really believe we will see this make insane strides. I imagine like Demon's Souls, as soon as they can show a snippet of bb booting, I'll drop to my knees in the grocery store. No uhm, they will get the necessary funds to go all out :).

Oct 25, 2017
The folks working on RPCS3 (+more) are working on a PS4 emulator, seems like they've been able to boot a game (We are doomed on PS4).

github.com

GitHub - RPCSX/rpcsx

Contribute to RPCSX/rpcsx development by creating an account on GitHub.

Exciting times ahead :)
I hope they don't abandon RPCS3, still a lot of stuff to improve and i enjoyed my time with the simulator even in the steam deck

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/rpcs3/status/1692025661139906893?s=20

~80 FPS -> ~101 FPS

F3tcpM8XsAAa-nE

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Ooh that's good, I tried it a year or two back and it was already superb but riiiiiigggghhhht on the edge of full speed on my PC

Sounds like I should be fairly comfortable now.

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to ask if someone tried killzone 2 recently, as i saw it in digital foundry rtx HDR video and made me wonder if it's playable now (like full speed)

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Was going to ask if someone tried killzone 2 recently, as i saw it in digital foundry rtx HDR video and made me wonder if it's playable now (like full speed)

What do you mean by "full speed"? The original consumer version ran at 720p30.

What resolution and framerate are you targeting? What hardware do you have. Many games run fantastic if you have powerful enough hardware.

I haven't heard anyone with an Alder Lake chip with AVX-512, or newer, complaing about performance in KZ2 or KZ3.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
just not stutter, I'm ok with doing 1080p/30fps just to see it in this case probably won't play it entirely, but last time it was impossible with a 3080/ryzen 5 5600 (probably now a new processor handles it better but i don't have one), but now i'm seeing in youtube it runs pretty well almost 60fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gyy7DLV7EE

I had a 5950X and RTX 3080 last year and I don't recall performance falling below 30fps when running the game bat 1800p internal res, but it's been awhile. I believe performance fluctuated between 45 and 60 fps a lot of the time.

KZ3 generally ran much better with that same hardware though.

If you already have RPCS3, you might as well try out KZ2 for yourself. Recommended config changes are online that help improve performance.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking into running Star Ocean V using RPCS3, and sadly even my 7800X3D isn't enough to run that. Due to issues with the recomplier (runs into some memory access error), you need to enable the interpreter for the PPU, and atomic access for the FIFO. And then it barely runs above 20 FPS.
The real issue is to make it work on the recompiler, but that seems to be a long-standing bug.

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've been having a blast playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift but forgot how crazy the rubber band AI is.

Can you add cheats to RPCS3 at all? I'll love to have infinite boost :-P

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Manage > Cheats

Never used it, but looks like you'll be fishing for memory values yourself, like with Cheat Engine.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
It only just occurred to me that maybe I could play the Sly Cooper games again, on my PC with high settings through emulation. I'm going to look into this. Love those games, but I don't ever turn on my PS3 and wouldn't want to play at 720p anyway.