• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Is there a public version with this implementation already? seems awesome

The changes displayed in this video are not yet in the master builds - the ones on our website's download section. They're currently on a pull request undergoing public testing in order to see if any bugs are found and fixed. The changes will be pushed to the master builds in a few days. The current test build can be found at https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rpcs3/build/0.0.5-0a30c563/artifacts

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Huge performance improvements for RSX intensive games and graphics improvements in Red Dead Redemption, God of War 3, GOW Ascension, Skate 3 and Midnight Club:Los Angeles

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have experience with importing savefiles from a CFW'd PS3 to RPCS3?
I'm trying to import my Tekken Tag Tournament 2 save which has all the characters and stages unlocked. I've copied the save folder (BLUS31002_AUTO) to my PC, tried decrypting it with Bruteforce Save Data, and then copied the decrypted save to rpcs3's corresponding savedata folder.
However, when I load TTT2 in RPCS3, the game says the save data is corrupted and prompts to make a new savefile.
Update: I tried the latest RPCS3 build (v0.0.5-7365), and it was able to successfully load my PS3's TTT2 save. Characters, costumes, stages, everything. Even my old replays work correctly, which is pretty cool.
My laptop can only run the game at ~50FPS, but I'm still impressed that it runs that well on a laptop in the first place.
Ripped from a US physical copy (BLUS31002), for reference. The US physical copy isn't on RPCS3's compatibility list, but the EU physical copy is, and I presume they emulate identically.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice, we're getting more and more exclusives almost in playable state.
I think there is still a long way to go but it's also funny to see where, for UC and TLOU, videos are playing back at normal speed and when it switches to actual gameplay, the framerate tanks. I still wonder why they did FMVs instead of rendering everything in-engine.

Oct 25, 2017
I still wonder why they did FMVs instead of rendering everything in-engine.

That's standard, you can tweak a lot of effects having pre-renders plus control the fps as well because they're rendered with the PC, they only lose the adaptable resolution.. which in consoles is not a big deal (also game size is increase).

Anyway, yeah, there is a long way ahead, i'm still waiting for MGS 4 to be playable :p

Oct 25, 2017
I starter asura's wrath, it runs well, is better using vulkan, the shaders loads way faster in that way. my only problem is that is locked at 30fps, maybe the game is that way, and I have some sound glitches during normal combat, so do you guys have the same issues?
I have an i7 6th hen and a gtx1070.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
On the note of Yakuza Kenzan! The current fan translation team for it posted a comment on that video.
Hello, I represent the English Translation team, we are actually in desperate need of a dedicated translator. All the currently available translated text from the English main story playthroughs on YouTube we already have implemented into the game (meaning main story is fully playable and done) among many of the sidequests.

The problem is that we do not have a dedicated translator on our team due to seemingly lack of interest from people (not the first time we ask around and get basically no volunteers) and because of this we can't finish the translation.

We need a translator willing to translate things like the Items and Weapons (including their descriptions), Interface elements and their descriptions, Ability names and so on as well as the minigames.

If anyone out there would like to help us, please get in contact with me here on YouTube as we desperately need your help to really get this game the justice it deserves with a proper, complete translation.

Thank you in advance to anyone potentially interested.

PS.
You can find our blog here:
http://yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/
They need some translators to help finish it. All of the already translated text (I.E. the text from that fan translated Youtube playthrough someone made a while back.) has been fully implemented into the game. But there's still quite a bit of text (mostly inventory items.) that hasn't been translated yet.

Probably new thread worthy, but yeah. Help these people!

Necrocorpse

Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
RPCS3 is really a godsend and making impossible a reality. These guys are geniuses. And the gaming communities an emulator like this creates is so awesome along with the fan translations etc. However I would love if they focused their genius minds on MGS4... Hopeful begging aside, this whole thing is absolutely fantastic.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Great improvements! So excited for when Kenzan becomes perfect and the fan translation patch is finished.

Schrade

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait til Killzone 2 is playable on this thing all the way through. I really would love to see that beauty with higher resolutions.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Awwww yisssssssss
I can now run TMNT ReShelled. This is one of our most played games on the PS3 XP

Any tips on getting downsampling done to get rid of jaggies? I'm using Vulkan and it runs fine but there are some muddy textures and such :X

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Anyone know what causes audio issues in some games? Like it'd be messed up or slow for much of the playthrough but will run fine during certain actions such as QTEs etc?