• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Does anyone know how to fix the blurry rendering in games? I feel like it's doing some kind of ghosting or double-ghosting with the image - see for example folklore or persona 5

xNa0PkF.jpg

JPGtOX2.jpg

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
I guys and gals, I'm wanting to try out my retail copy of Asura's Wrath on rpc.

My Ps3 is able to be jailbroken so I should be able to dump the disk, but I'm wondering about the ending dlc I've got installed. Can I just copy over some folders after installing CFW, because all the tutorials I've seen has been using the original installer pkg files?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone with Hard Corps Uprising, switch the renderer to OpenGL if you're playing with the DLC characters.

That's literally the only way you can avoid the game crashing. I just spent the past day and a half trying to adjust settings, install one file, and so on to no avail. If you're not using the DLC, Vulkan works fine (though the initial boot will take longer since the game seems to take awhile to load the intro cutscene on Vulkan the first time after an install with no shaders), otherwise, OpenGL will be your friend.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I feel like a complete imbecile.

I was wondering why I was seeing no improvements whatsoever in any of the latest builds. Performance was awful and graphics were horrid.

Turned out I had a custom config for Persona 5 that wasn't even using the fastest compiler and had no graphic scaling enabled. All the time I'd been making changes to the global config was having no effect as a result.

Persona 5 now runs at a beautiful 4k60. Very annoyed at myself for not realising this but glad I got there in the end! Glad the copy of P5 I received as a gift but never opened is getting some use too!

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
maybe this project will be able to create some type of patch for ninja gaiden sigma 2 to add all the blood they for some reason removed...

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy..

As mentioned in the video, it is indeed possible to bypass the games original frame-rate cap of 30FPS. To do this, right-click on the game hit configure then save. (This will create a custom config so if you want to change the settings for the game you will need to right-click it and hit configure.) Now, all you need to do is right-click it again and click on "Open Custom Config Folder" now, open the file that was selected (or look for the file that corresponds with your game ID). Search for "Vblank" and change it from "60" to "120" without quotes and hit save and you're ready to go!

Last edited:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Did the shader cache stuff improve? I remember having a very hard time playing anything even close to smoothly because I was constantly caching.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
They use an asynchronous shader cache now. tl;dr of it is, things are smooth(er), but there will be texture pop in.

It has definitely improved a lot since the last time I tried it. Every time I'd enter a new area in El Shaddai the game would drop to like 14-15fps until everything was cached and then it would jump back up to full speed. I tried it again last night and it was pretty much a consistent 60fps with maybe slight drops to 55-56. I was actually having a lot of fun because I wasn't being held back by the shaders.

I'll have to try out a few other games but I was also wondering how people are getting 4k resolutions in a bunch of games. The handful of games I have on my list don't support anything other than 720p and lower.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It has definitely improved a lot since the last time I tried it. Every time I'd enter a new area in El Shaddai the game would drop to like 14-15fps until everything was cached and then it would jump back up to full speed. I tried it again last night and it was pretty much a consistent 60fps with maybe slight drops to 55-56. I was actually having a lot of fun because I wasn't being held back by the shaders.

I'll have to try out a few other games but I was also wondering how people are getting 4k resolutions in a bunch of games. The handful of games I have on my list don't support anything other than 720p and lower.
There's resolution selectors in the global/per game configs.

I need to find El Shaddai so I can try it out. Hunting down old games is hard. I should probably just eBay it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when Last Of Us looked like an eldritch abomination, now it has a barely sufferable framerate.

What progress. It's gonna suck once this thing starts to plateau -- which always happens before someone discovers that one thing that makes everything jump forward super fast -- hopefully MGS4 will be playable by then.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just a month ago, they barely got past the install screen. Now they're running around Act 2 like nothing. If nothing stalls progress, they'll probably get the game fully playable by November at this rate.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a month ago, they barely got past the install screen. Now they're running around Act 2 like nothing. If nothing stalls progress, they'll probably get the game fully playable by November at this rate.
IDK about that. The one that made the progress is leaving for the military. This was his last contribution for the foreseeable future.

Regardless, they're all doing great work, so I'm sure they'll get there eventually.

I'm wondering more about how the improvements to the shader cache are going to affect other games. It really seems like this one update could be a really big deal.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
IDK about that. The one that made the progress is leaving for the military. This was his last contribution for the foreseeable future.

Regardless, they're all doing great work, so I'm sure they'll get there eventually.

I'm wondering more about how the improvements to the shader cache are going to affect other games. It really seems like this one update could be a really big deal.
Aww, bummer. Hopefully someone can carry the torch.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Square Enix won't release Kingdom Hearts 2 on PC, so I made my own PC version. With 60 FPS cutscenes, unlike the PS4 version :)

As far as I can see, the only bug is the flickering in the pause menu. Which I don't care about. I'm glad I'm not eplitepic, though.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix won't release Kingdom Hearts 2 on PC, so I made my own PC version. With 60 FPS cutscenes, unlike the PS4 version :)

As far as I can see, the only bug is the flickering in the pause menu. Which I don't care about. I'm glad I'm not eplitepic, though.

hmmm. so they fixed the texture problems? will check it next week then. thought with the 60fps patch on the ps2 version, it was unnecessary to deal with the requirements of RPC3. what are your specs?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
hmmm. so they fixed the texture problems? will check it next week then. thought with the 60fps patch on the ps2 version, it was unnecessary to deal with the requirements of RPC3. what are your specs?
It's not like the 60 FPS is the only improvement in the PS3 remaster lol.

i7 6700k 4.2 GHz
16 GB DDR4 RAM 2400 MHz 15-15-15-35

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like the 60 FPS is the only improvement in the PS3 remaster lol.

i7 6700k 4.2 GHz
16 GB DDR4 RAM 2400 MHz 15-15-15-35
i'm aware. doesn't mean it's worth it, depending on the spec of one's pc. id imagine that 4.2ghz is helping a lot. ill try, but i think i should wait for when i'm able to get the 3700x.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I don't have a reddit acount but somebody please ask them about getting the PS3's PS2 emulator running in RPCS3.

Last edited:

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Sys_usbd support just got merged into the master branch a few hours ago.
RPCS3 now has native support for Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitars & drums, DJ Hero turntables, Skylanders Portals, and probably other USB peripherals.