• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NO one is complaining about what Cyberpunk is and what the themes are. We are critizsing the parts of the game that we saw because they seem to miss the mark of how they present it.
0e79qtzua0d11.jpg

This has been posted a few times as criticism that Cyberpunk is missing the point. I was directly talking to these folks.
If you feel what has been shown of the game has been off taste to you, then I'm not gonna argue against you and what your own personal line is, I respect it. But again, CDPR is known for attention to detail. So I, personally, am willing to wait and see what the fully realized world will be.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything that was quoted? That tweet you seem to reference may seem harsh, but I don't feel competent on commenting how that person feels seeing the pictures.
Seems more than harsh. As a black man that HAS been targeted both by cops and peers for my appearance (there have been numerous occasions where I've been stopped by a cop because "I look like the guy that did it"), jumping to conclusions like that is straight up fear mongering. A point would be made if you ONLY shot PoC in the game, or if you were wearing a white hood, but as it stands sharing shit like that is ridiculous

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
This is a small thing within the overall scope of the demo shown, but the response by V when speaking to one of the Voodoo Boys of "who is dey?", like sarcastically referring to their accent, seems so weird. At least on paper.

It's like if in the original Blade Runner, when the noodle stand cook tells Deckard in his thick accent "He say you Blade Runner!" and Deckard had responded with "What's a Braid Runner?".

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NO one is complaining about what Cyberpunk is and what the themes are. We are critizsing the parts of the game that we saw because they seem to miss the mark of how they present it.

Which would seemingly mean the actual creator of Cyberpunk is missing the mark given he just did interviews saying he went to CDPR and told them to change things he's that hands on.

There's the PlayStation Access video to watch and the yongyea one

Why point this out? Well, it's probably not exactly correct to ever imply CDPR is running some operation where they just do what they want and it's a Cyberpunk tribute act. Mike Pondsmith seems to be steering the ship and treating it as the sequel to 2020.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which would seemingly mean the actual creator of Cyberpunk is missing the mark given he just did interviews saying he went to CDPR and told them to change things he's that hands on.

There's the PlayStation Access video to watch and the yongyea one

Why point this out? Well, it's probably not exactly correct to ever imply CDPR is running some operation where they just do what they want and it's a Cyberpunk tribute act. Mike Pondsmith seems to be steering the ship and treating it as the sequel to 2020.
He's been apart of 2077's game development process for a while.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's been apart of 2077's game development process for a while.

Yes, but even I was wondering if comments I was reading saying he was just there in name or just handing off his IP for money were possibly true. It's not as if CDPR had a great relationship with the creator of The Witcher books.

The Playstation Access video interview is the first I've heard him say he was telling CDPR to change things because they weren't close enough to source material.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but even I was wondering if comments I was reading saying he was just there in name or just handing off his IP for money were possibly true. It's not as if CDPR had a great relationship with the creator of The Witcher books.

The Playstation Access video interview is the first I've heard him say he was telling CDPR to change things because they weren't close enough to source material.
Last year he said the same. So its been pretty consistent.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US

Was this response from the creator, Mike Pondsmith posted?

Want to say this just once. I am really tired of well meaning people on internet chat boards paternalistically telling me what I, as a black person, should be offended by. You want to be my ally? Go gird up your loins and at this year's Thanksgiving dinner, have the nerve to tell your racist Uncle Bob to STFU for a change.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Mike Pondsmith, the original creator is very upset at the article.

Warning there's quite a few...profanities.
nmEaKby.png

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'll reserve judgement until I've played it myself, but even with weak combat Witcher 3 was S Tier, so it's not a massive deal breaker even if true. I have complete faith in CDPR after Witcher 3, to the point there's no way I won't be there day one, it's the same with Doom Eternal after the excellent Doom 2016.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
At the end of the day, Cyberpunk 2077 is still Rock paper shotgun's one of best games at E3 2019.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Articles like this are proof that more diversity is needed in the game s journalism space. White people deciding what's offensive to minorities is so tired.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
What's the problem with this?

Seems to be an advertise for a product that changes your color and the girl seems to be mixing it given how her neck looks.

Sounds like something that would definitely occur in a future where people can mod themselves

Read.

www.resetera.com

This fetishized in-game ad from Cyberpunk 2077 raises some questions about how the game may depict LGBT (NSFW) [See Staff Post Before Posting]

Note the crotch of the person in the enlarged image. This is really yikes. It might not be so bad when divorced from context of the company's issues with transphobia, but even then it's disheartening to see. It reeks of fetishism. :/ Image in question:

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Read.

www.resetera.com

This fetishized in-game ad from Cyberpunk 2077 raises some questions about how the game may depict LGBT (NSFW) [See Staff Post Before Posting]

Note the crotch of the person in the enlarged image. This is really yikes. It might not be so bad when divorced from context of the company's issues with transphobia, but even then it's disheartening to see. It reeks of fetishism. :/ Image in question:
I like how you post this without much context and without the response from the artist at CDPR. Her intentions seem pretty sincere and not malicious in any way.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I'm just not bothered with the gunplay, first game for them where gunplay features THIS much, plus if it is as decent as the stuff we saw last year, well then it all good. Didn't find it too be bad at all.

But the stereotype stuff give me pause, will have to check out reviews on how bad, or not bat, that stuff is before I shell over money.

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
I like how you post this without much context and without the response from the artist at CDPR. Her intentions seem pretty sincere and not malicious in any way.
Thats nice, its still problematic even with the context and interview

The context just makes it that picture of Spiderman pointing at himself

The whole thing about using Transpeople to advertise as a corporation, what is CDPR doing again?

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Thats nice, its still problematic even with the context and interview

The context just makes it that picture of Spiderman pointing at himself

The whole thing about using Transpeople to advertise as a corporation, what is CDPR doing again?
It's almost as if the corporation is using a certain image someone might fantasize as an a form of advertising.

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
It's almost as if the corporation is using a certain image someone might fantasize as an a form of advertising.
Which is dehumanizing to trans people. Look, you can't just perpetuate harmful stereotypes while shouting IM BEING IRONIC over and over which is what the argument is
And straight gamers on this website need to stop telling LGBT posters theyre being overly sensitive

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is dehumanizing to trans people. Look, you can't just perpetuate harmful stereotypes while shouting IM BEING IRONIC over and over which is what the argument is

It's a future where instant gratification and hedonism is the norm, if anything it would be wrong not to include trans people in adverts and only cater to heterosexual people alone.

If the final game doesn't also have ads that show enhancements for every persuasion and orientation then it would be an problem.

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
Ads are like that for all sexes and isn't about being ironic but about showing how in that future gender fluidity is advertised.
It's a future where instant gratification and hedonism is the norm, if anything it would be wrong not to include trans people in adverts and only cater to heterosexual people alone.

If the final game doesn't also have ads that show enhancements for every persuasion and orientation then it would be an problem.
The dickgirl ad is designed to cater to heterosexual people though

Its easy for straight folks to just wait for this game to come out, they don't have to deal with people using this game against them for a year

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Read.

www.resetera.com

Look between the legs buddy.
Oh shit. I didn't see before and now it's kinda staring at me lol

But I still don't see why it's bad. It's exaggerated for sure but I think that would be expected on an ad about body enhancements. I see nothing that suggests the intention is to speak ill or make a joke or something bad in a transphobic way.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. I didn't see before and now it's kinda staring at me lol

But I still don't see why it's bad. It's exaggerated for sure but I think that would be expected on an ad about body enhancements. I see nothing that suggests the intention is to speak ill or make a joke or something bad in a transphobic way.
It's fetishization.

Now, my opinion is that this isn't inherently bad, and the description the artist gave about how over-sexualized ads would work in a world where everything is very genderfluid is actually pretty good. A thoughtful take on that could be really interesting if actually done well and through a critical eye. However, in isolation it does nothing but give the "ahaha dickgirl!" people something to attach to and that's unfortunately how it was presented by being in that Nvidia demo.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It's fetishization.

Now, my opinion is that this isn't inherently bad, and the description the artist gave about how over-sexualized ads would work in a world where everything is very genderfluid is actually pretty good. A thoughtful take on that could be really interesting if actually done well and through a critical eye. However, in isolation it does nothing but give the "ahaha dickgirl!" people something to attach to and that's unfortunately how it was presented by being in that Nvidia demo.
Perfectly said. I agree completely

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
It's fetishization.

I don't see this a meriting the hostility it has drummed up, but as a cis male, maybe that isn't shocking.
edit: I can see why people don't like it, and out of any context this probably didn't need to be in the demo, but I'm thinking in context within the game it doesn't have the same effect. Of course, people who do think 'lol girl with a dick' will say that about it no matter how it's presented.