• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
( warning, open spoilers)
First of all I've never played or even tried seikro , but because of it I am finally experiencing one the best games ever . I bought bloodborne more than 2 years ago when I upgraded to the pro , even bought the old hunters DLC on sale . I played a couple of hours of at the beginning up to the cleric beast , then I stopped because it didn't grip me at the time and i had a lot of other games to play . Last year before the launch of GOW I decided to finish the game before that releases as I felt bad about not finishing one the greatest games this generation that everyone is raving about. Same like last time stuck with it up to old yarhnam after defeating father Gascogne then got frustrated after dying multiple times to the asshole with the machine gun at the top the tower and outright quit after to the enemies in the basement killed me after giving up on him . It also didn't help that GOW was getting rave reviews that I had to buy it at launch . In this month with all the hype for seikro and me watching a ton of videos that got me hyped for it , I decided I have to finish bloodborne for real this time before getting seikro ,and oh my fucking god I am glad I did . This Time I didn't give up to the frustration ( it helped that I am trying to do that in real life currently) . So far I've managed to defeat the blood starved beast and Vicar Amelia and about to face the witch . When the game clicks it fucking clicks, the combat is fast and brutal but fair , getting good with parries was game changing. The hunter axe is a fucking beast after playing so much of the game with the sawcleaver . The world design is also on another level, discovering some the shortcuts was unbelievably satisfying. Anyway era I was trying to just finish the game as fast as possible but now I am determined to platinum it . I'll keep updating this thread as I make progress as there is a shit ton still left to do , not to mention the supposedly great DLC. I keep thinking about the game at work and even dream about it hunters dream indeed.

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so glad your enjoying bloodborne. If want more content make sure to do the chalice dungeons there are special bosses and items in there.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
We're born of the blood.

Made men by the blood.

Undone by the blood.

Fear the old blood.

Welcome back fellow hunter. May you find peace in the waking world.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Every aspect of Bloodborne that diverged from the core Souls game made me dislike it. I still beat it but I was not that fond of the experience.
But now that Sekiro has showed me the light I think I will give Bloodborne another shot once I'm done with the former.
I think there's a good chance I will like it a lot more the second time around. Could it overcome Sekiro for me though? Nah, I doubt it. Flying through those superb environments is just too damn fun.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Installing it today! Can someone remind me how a starting stat build might look like. I vagely remember one of the skills/thingymajiggs makes the leveling up faster thus making the char prog. more effectful...

signal

Oct 28, 2017
dlc best
not enough hyper armor
ladder from iosekfa -> forest is best shortcut in the series

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Don't even bother with sekiro... doesn't come close to bloodborne

Sekiro is better in a few ways imo, particularly the players movement and combat options (and if playing on PC the load times and framerate are much better than BB). Bloodborne only having one identical animation for visceral attacks was a bit lame to me too, but that's probably because there are a bunch of weapons so they said fuck it just stab them with your hand.

Bloodbornes world is more interesting to me because Sekiros setting has been done so many times.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Now you've gotta play through the entire Souls series and Sekiro. They're all great games (well, except for DS2) so enjoy !

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Sekiro is better in a few ways imo, particularly the players movement and combat options (and if playing on PC the load times and framerate are much better than BB). Bloodborne only having one identical animation for visceral attacks was a bit lame to me too, but that's probably because there are a bunch of weapons so they said fuck it just stab them with your hand.

Bloodbornes world is more interesting to me because Sekiros setting has been done so many times.
I honestly couldn't care much about final blow animation, and that leveling system in sekiro is so bad I hate it. sekrio combat is alright not gonna lie . Tho you are also right bloodbrone setting is waay better then sekiro. I would say bloodbrone wins by a bargain.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
The hunter axe is a fucking beast after playing so much of the game with the sawcleaver .
This sums most of my friends (and mine) initial problems with the game... to each player his weapon.
I had the same problem and then found out that the Threaded Cane was the best one for how I used to play. Same for my friend that initially used it and then changed to Axe... and started to win.

Enjoy the goat.

wowami

Jun 1, 2018
been playing off and on for 4 years and still not completed.
after a break of 1 year this time i've started again.

getting close now i think
just passed the one reborn

I have a lore question tho.
Why are some hunters on your side and some against you?
just had to face 3 hunters but then was able to npc call another hunter to assist with boss

Hzoltan969

Oct 26, 2017
I've tried getting into this game 3 or 4 times, but I just can't look past the terrible resolution and framerate. It's a real shame, because I know I would love the game to death otherwise. I'll never stop hoping for a PC port, PS5 remaster or at least a PS4 Pro update.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I'd love to give BB a go since I've been enjoying Sekiro so much, but don't own a Playstation.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I was too scared to play Bloodborne for years. But i finally started two weeks ago. Slayed the first 3 bosses on my first try and that electric wolf thing on my second. What an amazing feeling.

OP
OP
AM_LIGHT

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
This sums most of my friends (and mine) initial problems with the game... to each player his weapon.
I had the same problem and then found out that the Threaded Cane was the best one for how I used to play. Same for my friend that initially used it and then changed to Axe... and started to win.

Enjoy the goat.
I watched a lot of videos about what are the best weapons , a lot of opinions out there . But I'll go with what works for me which is the hunter axe for now . I actually bought Ludwig holly blade but reverted back to the axe

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly couldn't care much about final blow animation, and that leveling system in sekiro is so bad I hate it. sekrio combat is alright not gonna lie . Tho you are also right bloodbrone setting is waay better then sekiro. I would say bloodbrone wins by a bargain.
Both games play so differently, I don't think there's much sense in trying to compare them directly like that. Whether you prefer Sekiro or Bloodborne is to a considerable degree dependent on which games' combat you prefer, what kind of traversal you like more and whether you prefer Sekiro's action adventure direction or Bloodborne's stronger emphasized ARPG influences.

OP
OP
AM_LIGHT

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Now you've gotta play through the entire Souls series and Sekiro. They're all great games (well, except for DS2) so enjoy !
I am planning to . I'am skipping DS2 because of all the negative things I heard about. Now trying to decide between playing DS3 or DS1 first but I am leaning more towards 3 because it seems it took a lot of inspiration from Bloodborne regarding combat .

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am planning to . I'am skipping DS2 because of all the negative things I heard about. Now trying to decide between playing DS3 or DS1 first but I am leaning more towards 3 because it seems it took a lot of inspiration from Bloodborne regarding combat .
Eh, do yourself a favour, play them in order. DS3 is a good game, but you'll have a false impression of it unless you know previous ones and understand how derivative DS3 is. Plus, after DS3 it's going to be much more difficult to enjoy DsS, and that game absolutely deserves to be experienced without having expectations carried from more modern games in the series.

But in any case make sure to play them before starting Sekiro, I feel like Seki improved so much on the flow of combat that going back to any old From games after it will be at the very least a mixed experience.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like Sekiro, I am not feeling the awe and giddy wonder that I did with Bloodborne.

I also see Sekiro more in the lines of Tenchu than Bloodborne's "predecessors" in the form the the Souls and King's Field games, so that might be playing a huge role in my interpretation. I very rarely go "what the fuck is that" now. :p

That said, enjoy Bloodborne, and do it blind. The only blemish I found with it was the Chalice Dungeons.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Dont listen to that stuff, play DS2. The game is amazing. Play them in order, and experience the progression. A lot of the bosses in 1 can be cheesed so you can get through it quick. Play 2, which I think is the best one, and then on to 3 which is good too.. but had the same problems as 2 but gets a pass for some reason; shitty mobs and cheap enemies. I dunno, just play em all

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

I'd say DS2 is very much worth playing, even if it's the lesser of the pack. Play DS3 and if you really like it, play And then you have 2 if you are hungry for more.

OP
OP
AM_LIGHT

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Eh, do yourself a favour, play them in order.
Dont listen to that stuff, play DS2.
I think I'll play them in order then , also helps my OCD . by the way how is DS port on the switch? I have an X & pro but I honestly don't have much time for gaming so playing it portable is super convenient. I watched the digital foundry analysis but I'd like to know from someone who played, also is 60fps that important in DS1 or not because it has a slower paced combat.

Fuck cheaters
OP
OP
AM_LIGHT

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I was always wondering how did the game have such a high percentage of platinum achievers, then I found out there was a glitch that allowed to basically infinite multiply any item you want . That takes the fun out of getting the platinum on your own.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
been playing off and on for 4 years and still not completed.
after a break of 1 year this time i've started again.

getting close now i think
just passed the one reborn

I have a lore question tho.
Why are some hunters on your side and some against you?
just had to face 3 hunters but then was able to npc call another hunter to assist with boss
Not a lore expert, but IIRC the hunters you fight have been driven mad by the blood. Being a hunter is a dangerous job: you either die a hero or go insane and hope another hunter kills you before you do too much damage.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I thought they patched that out? Either way I earned mine fair and square.

that 'bug' was in DS3 too though it will requires a 2nd player.....it's literally call 'pumparum service' in the DS3 community and there's even a subreddit for that...
https://www.reddit.com/r/pumparum/

basically backed up your current save game.. open a coop session with another player, leave the items you want on the floor you want to duplicate, the other players pick up that item. you leave the game and restore your save game and load it back up. Now you have the item in your inventory originally. Coop again with that same guy and ask him to return the item back to you. Now you have 2x of that same items.

Great for farming those items that gave you plenty of souls.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Don't even bother with sekiro... doesn't come close to bloodborne
Don't even bother with apples, doesn't come close to oranges.

They are very different type of games and they both can stand on their own as great experiences. For me personally, I enjoyed Sekiro more, but that doesn't mean that one shouldn't play Bloodborne. They excel at different things.

Both of them are top-tier.