• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I been re-watching the series and I have never seen a bigger dick then "Death". I mean "Death" is doing his job, but the more you watch these movies you see how in your face he is about it. What's up with these visions? They don't make sense why are these people getting signs, you can't escape death. I guess like most horror movies you are here for the kills, but I know they are going to die. If they are making a new one they did need to address these visions and why do they happen.

I guess the best thing about these movies is that Death hates racist people.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
Visions are right up there with mind control in the "lousy artificial conflict creation" for me, yeah.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's the thing cheesy as hell but different enough from the usual Slashers or Possession movies that they made for an entertaining series for a while.

Tony Todd ftw.

Who knows what will happen in the reboot they are doing.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
If you were death and you were tasked with 100,000,000 years of killing human beings, wouldn't you eventually get flashy with it too? Just to alleviate the sheer humdrum of it all.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I been re-watching the series and I have never seen a bigger dick then "Death". I mean "Death" is doing his job, but the more you watch these movies you see how in your face he is about it. What's up with these visions? They don't make sense why are these people getting signs, you can't escape death. I guess like most horror movies you are here for the kills, but I know they are going to die. If they are making a new one they did need to address these visions and why do they happen.

I guess the best thing about these movies is that Death hates racist people.

Death doesn't give them visions. The visions are another entity (likely Fate) given them a chance to evade death for a short while and enjoy life. Death is too busy chilling as Tony Todd to make too much offence.

OP
OP
rrc1594

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
The movies are such enjoyable garbage with friends. The visions seem like simple plot garbage to keep the story going.

But nothing beats Sean William Scott's character riding his bicycle in the middle of the night only to stumble upon Ms. Lewton's house aflame and exploding with her inside and Alex fleeing the scene. Absolutely hilarious.

Racist dude getting dragged down the street on fire, while "Why Can't We Be Friends" playing in the background is my fav part

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
The movies are such enjoyable garbage with friends. The visions seem like simple plot garbage to keep the story going.

I can't even fanwank an idea other than the visions to explain how this concept ever happens.

Death knows enough to know that this specific fated-to-die group of people are going to be in these specific places and these specific times. The only way the story can happen is if the method is subverted by another otherwordly element: hence, the visions.

OP
OP
rrc1594

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Death doesn't give them visions. The visions are another entity (likely Fate) given them a chance to evade death for a short while and enjoy life. Death is too busy chilling as Tony Todd to make too much offence.

It not just the visions but the in your face irony. It's all just dick move

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Care to explain for someone too lazy to read a synopsis?
It cleverly hides the year it takes place in. It never makes it a point so you assume it's present day. After all of the standard FD stuff occurs, the remaining survivors board a flight to France.

Then there's a ruckus on board as Devon Sawa has just had his vision and is saying the plane will crash. The survivors of 5 are then killed on the plane from the first FD movie.

Oct 27, 2017
It cleverly hides the year it takes place in. It never makes it a point so you assume it's present day. After all of the standard FD stuff occurs, the remaining survivors board a flight to France.

Then there's a ruckus on board as Devon Sawa has just had his vision and is saying the plane will crash. The survivors of 5 are then killed on the plane from the first FD movie.
Ah cool. I love stuff like this.

Nov 26, 2017
Final Destination 3 DVD got a great feature
Special DVD editions labeled "Thrill Ride Edition" also include an optional feature called "Choose Their Fate", allowing viewers to make decisions at several points in the film. Most provide only minor alterations to the death scenes, but the first choice allows the viewer to stop Wendy, Kevin, Jason, and Carrie from boarding the roller-coaster before the premonition, ending the film immediately.
Also everybody death will happen but Frankie Cheeks death, who will get arrested later and than you can read a newspaper and see what to the survivors from Final Destination 2

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
All I remember about this series is the one lady that got killed by a stone that came rocketing out of a lawnmower. Mostly because the news wouldn't stop talking about if that kill cause people got mad paranoid lmao.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought it was going to be revealed as some big cosmic game, where one entity - Death - kills certain people and the other - maybe God - provides clues for them to survive. The whole thing would just be one fun distraction for them, where Death comes up with bizarre and comical ways for their victims to die and God thinks up intentionally obscure hints to their survival.

Kind of a shame we never got to see who was sending those visions, but maybe the reboot will have something like that.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
anigif_enhanced-1523-1426549188-10.gif

nope