• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I've recently gotten back into TF2 lately, as it's one of my absolute favorite games of all times, and it just reminded me how absolutely perfect every single character is in TF2. I'm not even just talking about skill set but also personality, style, individuality. And to this day, I think the Meet The Team shorts are a BIG reason why people have this huge attachment to them. I think they're better than any other character-based huge budget CG explosion because they're simple but they tell you everything you need to know about the character while giving the voice actor time to really flesh their personality out. And features some of the most quotable video game dialogue that I can think of.

I think my personal favorites are the Sniper, Demoman and Engineer

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be cool if Valve released some sort of 'Team Fortress 2 Classic' that disabled cosmetics and wacky shit and preserved the amazing aesthetic the game had before they started going off the deep end with the character customization.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
They're all great, but I think the "series" got better when they dropped the interview style and focused on the narrative.
As a result, Spy and Medic are my favorites.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
"What are ya, president of his fanclub?"

"No, zat would be YOUR MOTHER"

Sandvich has my favorite line of any of them though:
"MY BLOOD! He punched out ALL MY BLOOD!"

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Expiration Date is still the best short valve has ever done. The Soldier never gets old

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Always loved these. They're all excellent, but I'm not sure you can beat the final lines of Heavy Weapons Guy's video.

"Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe... maybe. I've yet to meet one who can outsmart bullet."

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who missed it the Jungle Inferno video is basically Meet Saxton Hale:

Expiration Date is still the best short valve has ever done. The Soldier never gets old
Sad thing about Expiration Date is that Valve and Adult Swim were planning on making a TF2 TV series and Expiration Date is the only episode that was ever made. Valve was difficult for Adult Swim to work with, they weren't going to come close to meeting deadlines so the only thing that ever happened with Expiration Date and Adult Swim got some promo items added to TF2. We could of had what was probably going to be a dozen or so TF2 TV show episodes similar to Expiration Date.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I remember everyone waiting on the Pyro update

Tonights the night !

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meet the Team, Expiration date and, of course, the goddamn amazing comics are so fucking good.
Also, last comic issue fucking when?

Blue for Sale

Sep 7, 2018
Sad thing about Expiration Date is that Valve and Adult Swim were planning on making a TF2 TV series and Expiration Date is the only episode that was ever made. Valve was difficult for Adult Swim to work with, they weren't going to come close to meeting deadlines so the only thing that ever happened with Expiration Date and Adult Swim got some promo items added to TF2. We could of had what was probably going to be a dozen or so TF2 TV show episodes similar to Expiration Date.

Now I feel bad.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Also, last comic issue fucking when?
The latest from Heather Campbell, the artist who draws the TF2 comics was posted on her Tumblr about 4 months ago:

"Thanks! But there's not a ton to say. The last issue is not being worked on atm, though we did start on it for a bit after the last one, and we are all still interested in finishing it sometime. We know what story we want to tell, it's just that now the 3 of us that do them are working on different things these days, and it's been hard to find a good time. It's sort of a 'waiting to see if/when the stars align' situation. It does absolutely help to see people are still interested after all this time, and we are super proud of the comics so far, so we're watching for a window where we could wrap"

So basically it will probably happen eventually but they're not very far on it and weren't working on it as of 4 months ago.