• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping to snag a 3090, any suggestions would be appreciated. I am using it to cure cancer, honest. Anyone know when BB may restock?

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif
its rough out there

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got one. XC3 Ultra.

In 30 years of hardware purchases, this was the most difficult to get. Had nearly a dozen failed opportunities.

Two things that set this apart was near complete lack of preorders and backorders. Those that did take backorders provided no estimates - not their fault - they just really seemed to either not know, or were simply reluctant to raise expectations.

I'm also annoyed that in the midst of all this, Xbox and PS5 launched mostly successful preorder campaigns. Xbox especially. After convincing friends to make the console to PC transition this gen, they ended up getting next-gen console preorders fairly easily. So I'm alone in the PC space with my social group yet again.

They kinda laugh at this silliness. They are so conditioned to apple and amazon happily taking their money, the idea of f5'ing all day for a product is completely distasteful to many.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
I'm still undecided on whether I want my 3090FE from BB (assuming it comes). Anyone potentially want to trade for a 3080 FE + difference in the Bay Area?

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
My Gaming X Trio is scheduled to arrive next week. Just bought an ultrawide 144hz WQHD monitor. I am freaking ready!!!

On a side note, am I alone being extremely excited for the Ghostrunner release this month? I'll play the hell out of that game. Demo was amazing.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If you guys has a choice, asus tuf, or xc3 ultra? Keep in mind im in canada. Evga has all their service centers in the USA, asus has one locally in my province ( state ).

Thoughts ?

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
If you guys has a choice, asus tuf, or xc3 ultra? Keep in mind im in canada. Evga has all their service centers in the USA, asus has one locally in my province ( state ).

Thoughts ?
They are pretty similar, but the Asus edges out by being cooler and silent. Since Asus support is also better in your region, Asus it is IMO

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Thoughts ?
I would always suggest the alternative over anything by ASUS.
www.resetera.com

[BBC] In China, Uighurs 'moved into factory forced labour' for foreign brands Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony

Sure, here's the full list from the report. Threadmarking to ensure that it's easily found or referenced elsewhere:

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

Thoughts ?

It really comes down to how heavily you factor in warranty/customer service. The TUF is the better design, but EVGA is the better brand. Warranty on the XC3 is transferrable, and should something go wrong with the EVGA 6 months down the road, you'll be extremely well taken care of. Anything goes wrong with the TUF.....good luck.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
So... how do I stream or record videos in that awesome quality but low bitrate mode they showed in the reveal? I'm not seeing any different settings on OBS or Nvidia video capture settings

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Thoughts ?
I will echo the sentiment that Asus' business practices with slave labor instantly make them a company I will never buy from.

My experience with EVGA while living in Canada has been pretty good.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
This is more of a general question, but it fits in here - is correcting graphics card sagging merely a cosmetic thing, for those who take pride in their build aesthetics? I mean, it isn't something likely to cause damage to the board is it?

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another voice for TUF, outstanding quality, they wanted to redeem their TUF brand.

The PCB (you could think that's a Strix, were it not for the 2 8pin connectors)
front.jpg

back.jpg

My TUF's thermals are so good. I have yet to see it go beyond 67 degrees, where my previous 2080 Ti FE would push 80 degrees when even Genshin Impact and its 60fps cap was loaded.

Last edited:

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is more of a general question, but it fits in here - is correcting graphics card sagging merely a cosmetic thing, for those who take pride in their build aesthetics? I mean, it isn't something likely to cause damage to the board is it?
Graphics cards get larger and heavier every year, yet we still continue to use PC tower layout that fundamentally isn't changed since the 90s. Sag can cause deformation and damage to PCB and other components. I always support my graphics cards. You lose nothing by supporting GPU and at the very least you get peace of mind.