• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Wait if it says "reserving" on your BB order it means that you didn't actually get one?

WTF?? They already charged my card for the full amount !
Well, it seems like we've essentially backordered one. Assuming they get anymore stock within the next week or so, they're ours.

It sucks, but this is still a better stage to be in than that constant, nerve-grating vigil many of us have been on for the past few weeks. At least, we were able to get an order actually placed.

... I've been repeatedly telling myself this all morning to keep the tears at bay. ._.

I spent a little extra for next-day shipping, and now it feels like a needless expense since I gotta wait anyways. Order status is still saying I should expect it to arrive by today! lol

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it seems like we've essentially backordered one. Assuming they get anymore stock within the next week or so, they're ours.

It sucks, but this is still a better stage to be in than that constant, nerve-grating vigil many of us have been on for the past few weeks. At least, we were able to get an order actually placed.

... I've been repeatedly telling myself this all morning to keep the tears at bay. ._.

I spent a little extra for next-day shipping, and now it feels like a needless expense since I gotta wait anyways. Order status is still saying I should expect it to arrive by today! lol

Oh you paid for 2 day shipping an your order is still reading "reserving"?

I wonder if everyone who ordered has the "reserving" status on their order page.

Anyone here not have that on their 3070 BB order?

Aug 30, 2020
Dreams-Visions Jigen I got an XC3 Ultra and a TUF OC. I'm probably going to keep the EVGA and sell the Asus at cost... but to be honest Era is probably 3rd in line for that card, I have my brother and a friend who get the first right of refusal. (Also still nervous until Newegg says shipped. I'm at packaging which I think means I'm in the clear, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

If the time comes I'll buy the TUF. But I understand if I'm later in line and miss it.

Dec 25, 2018
So apparently BB is like a gamble.

If you still have reserve right now, congrats. You probably are getting one.

If it changes to "Delayed", you might be fucked. It says you have until next Friday, and if none come in by then, then they cancel the order. I am still on reserve but what a clusterfuck. Really really hoping I can get an FE. It's literally pretty much the only card that will fit in my ITX case.

I signed up for the EVGA card, it's my 2nd safest option but probably will barely fit in my case. I have to use 2 slot cards and might get by with a 2.2 slot.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
damn the new free gift for buying a 3080/90 is cod black ops cold war... if anyone manages to grab one i got a watch dog legion code for trade :p

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
lemme know how you ended up mounting the hard drive when you're done plz. thanks. though I'm considering getting a new case whenever i get the gpu too, still curious.

Switched them around and now the cage also fits :)
ElmJPlOXUAAzHut

ElmKSp0X0AE_gWl

ElmKSqNWMAEUtsu

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Dope, thanks. That case got plenty of room as long as you remove the top hdd cage it looks like. Enjoy ur new gpu!
Indeed and I'm leaving it all so messy for new because if all goes well I have a Zen 3 system by this time next week so not going to make everything look nice when the entire system comes apart again in 7 days.

Oct 28, 2017
Woohoo my 3080 Ventus arrived today from Amazon (September 9th order). While I'd rather have other SKUs, I'll take what I can get at this point.

Was going back and forth about keeping it, and since AMD's offering is pretty similar but without DLSS, I'll stick with Nvidia for now.

My old graphics card is 8 years old and I never played on a PS4 or Xbox 1 soooooooooo I'm in for some nice graphix.

Oct 27, 2017
www.nvidia.com

Shop Geforce RTX 30 Series With Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Exclusive Offer!! Get Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War with a purchase of a qualifying GeForce RTX 30 Series.

I'd much rather take COD over Watch Dogs lol

EDIT: If anyone gets lucky and wants watch dogs instead of COD; i have a watch dogs code I have not redeemed yet for trade.

It says that offer is until 10th December, so I'm sure that'll make some people guess what the next bundled game is!

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

For what it's worth I was just running destiny 2 at 1440p and like 163fps.

I would think at 1080p you'd be set for a while.
Woohoo my 3080 Ventus arrived today from Amazon (September 9th order). While I'd rather have other SKUs, I'll take what I can get at this point.

Was going back and forth about keeping it, and since AMD's offering is pretty similar but without DLSS, I'll stick with Nvidia for now.

My old graphics card is 8 years old and I never played on a PS4 or Xbox 1 soooooooooo I'm in for some nice graphix.

Wow, truly a next gen experience for you then.

I just ran my 3070 in destiny 2 with a 165hz gsync for the first time and it was pretty awesome, but I'm coming from not a huge difference in the 5700xt lol. It was still pretty sweet but your mind is gonna be blown.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
As far as the 3080 weird new connector shenanigans go, does an adapter come with the card, or is that something I have to get from my PSU manufacturer?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
As far as the 3080 weird new connector shenanigans go, does an adapter come with the card, or is that something I have to get from my PSU manufacturer?

The 12 pin adapter is only for the Founder's Edition cards, and are included in the box. For cards from EVGA, MSI, etc., you can use 2x8 pin or 3x8 pin PCI-E cables, which you should already have.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

If you mean the Founder's Edition, it comes with the card. It's in a little box under the GPU , along with the quickstart instruction booklet.
It looks like an umbilical cord from BloodBorne

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth I was just running destiny 2 at 1440p and like 163fps.

I would think at 1080p you'd be set for a while.

Wow, truly a next gen experience for you then.

I just ran my 3070 in destiny 2 with a 165hz gsync for the first time and it was pretty awesome, but I'm coming from not a huge difference in the 5700xt lol. It was still pretty sweet but your mind is gonna be blown.
the issue is, I am a using a gtx 1080, no no rt support.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
The 12 pin adapter is only for the Founder's Edition cards, and are included in the box. For cards from EVGA, MSI, etc., you can use 2x8 pin or 3x8 pin PCI-E cables, which you should already have.
If you mean the Founder's Edition, it comes with the card. It's in a little box under the GPU , along with the quickstart instruction booklet.
It looks like an umbilical cord from BloodBorne
Comes with the card.

From a PSU manufacturer you may be able to buy later a longer cable that connects directly from PSU to card, but the adapter is in the FE box.
Non-FE here. Cool, sounds like I have what I need, then. Awesome opossum.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Comes with the card.

From a PSU manufacturer you may be able to buy later a longer cable that connects directly from PSU to card, but the adapter is in the FE box.

I feel like it is a huge mistake of Nvidia to not offer just the simple adapter for sale though.

A bad adapter and you have a brick of a card and you wouldn't even know why.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Moved my case to a more open area and my max temps dropped from 67C to 61C! Default fan curve.

44-FC3-C34-06-F0-44-E0-BF86-59-EC8-B88-A420.jpg

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Well looks like I got an aorus master from Newegg.....

Wasn't my first choice but at this point with the time I have wasted I don't care.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So apparently BB is like a gamble.

If you still have reserve right now, congrats. You probably are getting one.

If it changes to "Delayed", you might be fucked. It says you have until next Friday, and if none come in by then, then they cancel the order. I am still on reserve but what a clusterfuck. Really really hoping I can get an FE. It's literally pretty much the only card that will fit in my ITX case.

I signed up for the EVGA card, it's my 2nd safest option but probably will barely fit in my case. I have to use 2 slot cards and might get by with a 2.2 slot.

Mine is still saying reserved. It seems some people are getting preparing for shipment or shipped now. Mine is still in limbo.

Aug 30, 2020
Wow there wasn't anything on newegg at 5. I thought that was supposed to be the time.

I haven't tried for quite a while, but I glanced a 3080 on newegg mobile app on Wed but didn't have Apple Pay set up. Now that I do, crickets.

I guess I'm back out of looking until the odds greatly increase, or evga or something else falls in my lap...

I'm at the point where I'd totally buy a 3090, but I won't pay 3090 prices for a 3080.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Wow there wasn't anything on newegg at 5. I thought that was supposed to be the time.

I haven't tried for quite a while, but I glanced a 3080 on newegg mobile app on Wed but didn't have Apple Pay set up. Now that I do, crickets.

I guess I'm back out of looking until the odds greatly increase, or evga or something else falls in my lap...

I'm at the point where I'd totally buy a 3090, but I won't pay 3090 prices for a 3080.

They restocked a ton at pretty much exactly 10am eastern today, at least 3070's. That's how I got mine and they had several models in stock for up to 10mins.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on this a few weeks ago. What's it look like these days? Think someone who is not willing to F5 all day will be able to get one in 2020?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the Discord but that doesn't really help since you still have to be watching it nonstop, which I'm not going to do. So I guess it might be early next year for me.

If this mornings restock and launch are anything to go by, 3070 availability should be much improved. Just check your favourite stores at random hours and who knows. I got lucky checking newegg, you might too!

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
This will be the first time I will be upgrading to a new card while my old card is still working. What do most of you do with your old GPUs? Store them in case things go south with the new card or sell them? I sold a old bicycle locally and my PS4 Pro to Amazon to help fund this new card so I am thinking of selling mine either local or possibly on eBay, but I have heard some stories about eBay that make me reconsider.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes, the e-mail I've been expecting all day:

Thank you for your recent purchase of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 40 Graphics Card Dark Platinum and Black. The product you ordered is in high demand, and unfortunately, we are not able to get it to you by the date we promised. We plan to ship it by 11/20 or sooner. If you would like to cancel, please visit your Order Status Page and enter your order information. If you paid for expedited shipping, we will reimburse you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you as a Best Buy customer.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team
Yikes @ that 11/20. But, given what I've been hearing about the 3070's stock situation, I expect it to arrive a lot sooner than that. Fingers crossed for next week!

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Yikes @ that 11/20. But, given what I've been hearing about the 3070's stock situation, I expect it to arrive a lot sooner than that. Fingers crossed for next week!

I received that e-mail.too. I will leave the order open but keep an eye on newegg. I am hoping they are actually getting more but I will keep an eye open elsewhere.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

This is honestly ridiculous.

I mean, they charged my card and I've paid them for it.

Are they saying they will DEFINITELY get them back in stock by the lastest on the 21st, or are they saying that if they don't have anything by the 21st the order is gone?

It's like "Wellllllll maaaaaaaybe we'll get more in, but who knows lol! You wanna cancel? Be our guest! But then we might get cards in and then you'll be fucked! What are the chances we are getting new cards in? We're not sayin'! So, you want us to hold onto that $565, or do you want to have it back so you can try your luck somewhere else? BUUT once we give that money back, you're not getting shit from us! No backsies! Even if we get new stock in a minute after we give it back to you, so you better be sure that you're putting that $560 towards a sure thing!"

"OH, you saw one pop up somewhere else and need that $560 dollars of yours back from us real quick? Go ahead and cancel, but who knows when we'll get the money back into your account. Probably not fast enough for you to get the new one you found before it sells out! Then you'll really get nothing, not from us and not from them! You sure you want that money right now?"

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018
Got that email too, honestly it is 1000x better than having your order canceled on an item like this. Fuck this launch, but I at least hope they have enough stock soon enough. My delivery still says the 5th so far and I am on "reserving item" still so I hope that means something good.

edit:

uh oh I realized some bad text

Thank you for your recent purchase of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 40 Graphics Card Dark Platinum and Black. The product you ordered is in high demand, and unfortunately, we are not able to get it to you by the date we promised. We plan to ship it by 11/20 or sooner. If you would like to cancel, please visit your order status page and enter your order information. If you paid for expedited shipping, we will reimburse you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you as a Best Buy customer.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

What You Need to Know - Delayed Items

You'll Receive Your Item(s) Soon

• If the delay(s) are OK, we'll make sure you receive your item(s) as soon as possible.
• If you paid with a credit card, your funds have been pre-authorized, but won't be charged until your order is fulfilled.
• As soon as your order ships, we'll send a separate e-mail with tracking details.
We will keep your order open and continue to work on getting your item(s) to you until Friday, November 20, 2020. If your item(s) are still not available by this date, we'll cancel the item(s) and notify you via email.

This will be the first time I will be upgrading to a new card while my old card is still working. What do most of you do with your old GPUs? Store them in case things go south with the new card or sell them? I sold a old bicycle locally and my PS4 Pro to Amazon to help fund this new card so I am thinking of selling mine either local or possibly on eBay, but I have heard some stories about eBay that make me reconsider.

Probably can sell it on Ebay and get a decent amount. Even used GTX 1080s are selling for $250-300 so a card around that range sells pretty well.

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I apparently can't cancel my Dell pre-order for that MSI card they were selling because "It is only possible to cancel your order before the production and packaging process starts"

Mind you this is an order I placed on October 13th and won't be shipped until January 2nd with an estimated delivery date of Jan. 13th 2021.

Sounds like bullshit to me. How the hell can even even do production and packing for something they don't even fucking have in stock! I should be able to cancel

The EVGA Notification for the FTW3 is now currently up to 9:30AM and I'm on for 10:39AM which by estimates I should be getting my email within the next week or so. If I can get an EVGA Card before the end of November, there is absolutely no reason for me to hold on to my Dell order and no reason for Dell to hold on to my money for almost two months.

Oct 27, 2017
I apparently can't cancel my Dell pre-order for that MSI card they were selling because "It is only possible to cancel your order before the production and packaging process starts"

Mind you this is an order I placed on October 13th and won't be shipped until January 2nd with an estimated delivery date of Jan. 13th 2021.

Sounds like bullshit to me. How the hell can even even do production and packing for something they don't even fucking have in stock! I should be able to cancel
They must be talking about production and packaging process starting in China. Honestly, I have no idea, sounds like BS.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Just got the Ventus that I pre-ordered from Amazon back in September. I already have a FE that performs very well, so this is going to a friend.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

The EVGA Notification for the FTW3 is now currently up to 9:30AM and I'm on for 10:39AM which by estimates I should be getting my email within the next week or so. If I can get an EVGA Card before the end of November, there is absolutely no reason for me to hold on to my Dell order and no reason for Dell to hold on to my money for almost two months.

Do they have a social media presence? Perhaps worth reaching out to them on twitter.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is as good as anywhere to ask this but concerning MSI Afterburner, if you were running a custom fan curve and you install a new card will the new card's default fan curve take effect or should you uninstall MSI Afterburner and re-install it after you install the new card or is there some other/better way to do it (within Afterburner itself, etc)?

Gold

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the Ventus that I pre-ordered from Amazon back in September. I already have a FE that performs very well, so this is going to a friend.
Did you get a Watch Dogs Legion or Call of Duty code? I managed to order a tuf from amazon earlier this month and im curious what code amazon sends me once my order ships.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Did you get a Watch Dogs Legion or Call of Duty code? I managed to order a tuf from amazon earlier this month and im curious what code amazon sends me once my order ships.

Unfortunately, I haven't received anything. The Ventus product page on Amazon doesn't have any mention of the promotion, so I guess Amazon isn't participating in this promotion.