• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani said the legal team of President Donald Trump has the right to vet any final report from special counsel Robert Mueller.
Giuliani went farther than any of Trump's legal advisers in demanding the right to review the report into claims of collusion with Russia during the 2016 election, The Hill reported.

In a phone interview Giuliani, who is a member of Trump's legal team, told the news outlet that the team should be able to check the conclusions of the report, which is now in its 20th month.
"As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you so we can correct it if they're wrong. They're not God, after all. They could be wrong," he told The Hill.

Reiterating that Trump was innocent of all claims, Giuliani said that it was important to protect executive privilege but admitted it would be tough to withhold parts of Mueller's final report.
"Of course we have to see [the report] before it goes to Congress. We have reserved executive privilege and we have a right to assert it. The only way we can assert it is if we see what is in the report."
There is a debate over whether there would be interference into the inquiry, especially as the president's nominee for attorney general, William Barr, has criticized "overzealous prosecutors" conducting the investigation.
Mark Zaid, a D.C.-based attorney who has represented clients from both parties, told The Hill: "I don't believe that Mueller would, unless it was so apparently wrong, correct something."
If the report is not made public, however, Congress could issue a subpoena to try to force its release.
https://www.newsweek.com/giuliani-s...ed-correct-mueller-report-says-theyre-1288306

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
"As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you so we can correct it if they're wrong. They're not God, after all. They could be wrong,"

ondpS0a.png

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Giuliani really thinks redactions are going to save this admin? Donald Trump Jr and Erik Prince and Roger Stone aren't going to be hard to parse based on the special counsel's previous legalese.

It's already too late for the cases that are out of the Special Counsel's hands. Trump's business and the NRA are in the crosshairs, all of that is going to get aired out.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure editing a federal report would constitute another charge of obstruction of justice.

Especially since Mueller will most assuredly keep original copies locked up in vaults and sealed under federal court order, for the House to subpoena later on and use against Trump.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mueller report: guilty of collusion and treason
trump edit: trump is the most innocent man ever!!!

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
I mean, in all fairness, they should show it to you (the video of you robbing a bank, DNA on murder victim, etc.) - so we can correct it if they're wrong.

They're not God, after all. They could be wrong.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
oh man they won, they figured out Mueller is actually NOT a god, and probably no one on his team is...

this is it, right? its all over and Trump and his family won...

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Ignore Guiliani. He doesn't know anything. I view him the same as a stay at home parent that vocally bitches about mundane things on a neighborhood forum.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Rudy, the time when you get to correct the contents of the report is in the trial.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy fucked up his legacy so badly it's fucking hilarious. 9/11 was a fucking long time ago.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
If by "correct" you mean lie, sure. That's just another indictment to add to the pile.
9/11 was a fucking long time ago.
9/11 was the only thing keeping him from fading Into obscurity then. His popularity was in the toilet before that happened. The guy has always been a piece of shit. It's just rare to see someone be aware and actually revel in it.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
He's a fucking lawyer. He should know how the world works. Am I taking crazy pills here, what the fuck. How can these people complete these prestigious degrees and exist in this vapid state. Jesus fucking christ.

Oct 30, 2017
Sure, why not, cut out the middle man!

Look I know I ain't some egg head court guy, but I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Isn't that the whole damn point of the court and hearings to defend yourself against the reports and charges?!

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
He's a fucking lawyer. He should know how the world works. Am I taking crazy pills here, what the fuck. How can these people complete these prestigious degrees and exist in this vapid state. Jesus fucking christ.
He does because he's, i assume (given trump's history of paying workers), being paid to spout this untrue BS any time a distraction is needed or waters need muddying. With Trump that is always.

Oct 27, 2017
Low-rent vampire should shut the fuck up and distance himself. "America's" mayor is gonna find himself in a 6x8' hotel room.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like something Trump came up with, and Rudy is just parroting it to earn points.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Is this some elaborate ploy to make Don the Con appear smarter than he is, by putting someone even more stupid than him in his orbit and giving him carte blanche? Because it might be actually working....