• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
Listened to the match on the radio, was the pass for Slade's first try actually forward?

Thraktor

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a frustrating match to watch as an Ireland fan (particularly as I've just moved to London and had to watch it in a pub full of England supporters), but to be honest I'm happier for us to be brought back down to earth and learn some lessons in the Six Nations, rather than having to learn them in the World Cup.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the game and we looked very good at points, but seemed to lose a bit of leadership and decision making when the subs were made. Our first phase moves are excellent though, Finn looked good and Hogg was outstanding. Worried for Ireland coming though, as they will want to bounce back. Looking competitive throughout the Six Nations though, which is good!

Oct 31, 2017
2019 Americas Rugby Championship started this weekend. USA put a hurt on Chile 71-8, Argentina 2 handled Brazil 54-3, and Uruguay beat Canada 20-17. The most interesting game will

2019 MLR season also started, we are on week 2 now. It's already the most successful pro Rugby league ever in the US lol. It'll be interesting to see if it'll be sustainable mid (5 years) and long term (10 years). That's when we really know if it's viable for the long term if it's still around then. It's averaging like 2.5K in attendance according to some insiders on reddit.

USA is also killing it on Rugby VIIs, 4 straight Finals in the first 4 stops this year (past 2 weekends without the best player and player of the year Perry Baker). Mike Friday is doing a tremendous job. I just hope we can finally win a final for a change lol

Good time to be a Rugby fan in the US.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Pity Canada couldn't bring down Uruguay away especially with the extra man, the red card was pretty nasty. No idea what happened to Scotland in the last 10 mins, the test is played for 80, folks!

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ben Barba effectively banned from Rugby League for life for beating up his girlfriend.

Can't really blame the NRL. Players need to realise its a privilege to play the game. The RFL also confirm they won't let him play in England.

Rugby union in Australia also say they won't let him switch codes.

Great player but clearly a terrible man. Time to start looking for a new job.

Maybe rugby in Japan will take him.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
My little predictions:

Wales - Italy. Wales to win - they have good depth and Gatland knows that, if it's close at 60 min he can bring the players on to see out the tired Italians.

I'd also like to mention that I'm not a big fan of the whole news cycle that Gatland is showing disrespect to the tournament by picking a second string (ish) team for this. Rugby - particularly tournaments - has become a very attritional sport and I would expect any coach worth his salt to have the long term plan in mind. Also, when the World Cup comes round and he has given some new players game time, this will play in to his favour. I may not like his personality (or what I've seen of it, anyway) but he's a very good coach.

England - France. If England play like last time, win for them. If France play like they did for the first 40 minutes, I think it'll still be a win for England but there will be some tired bodies.

Scotland - Ireland. I think this will either be a massive win for Ireland or Scotland will somehow scrape a win without much possession/territory. Our backline needs to take every chance they have and our forwards need to play out of their skin to win this one I feel.

Also, don't know if anyone is interested but saw this:

Bands as Six Nations Covers!

Article with more pics:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/4c74bb82-3159-440d-9bd1-755dde877e5a

Last edited:

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Wales to win with some comfort I think. Very pleased with the team changes, good mix of the tried and relatively untested and some very good attacking potential. I still expect Italy to get two tries though - they've managed at least that in their last 6 six nations games.

France will be wounded and angry, that should make for an interesting game, but England to win.

Scotland - Ireland will probably be the most interesting. England showed Ireland to be vulnerable and most importantly, vulnerable to exactly the sort of thing that Finn Russell is good at (those creative dinky little kicks over and through the line). It'll come down in the end to whether Scotland can retain possession when they have it.

OP
OP
CeeCee

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, or perhaps fortunately, I'm missing the Scotland v Ireland match because of the one game I actually play every year: old boys rugby match at my old college.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Right - in front of the television, rugby on, nervous. Six Nations - love it!

Scotland looking up for this. Could be a cracking game.

Scotland were defending well there, just stupid in last moment.

Sexton!

Last edited:

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Hogg off. Lot of high balls coming in.

Pants. This could be a long day at the office now.

Stupid. Should have taken a line out there.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great game.

Great defense Ireland.

Some test this. Brilliant match, both teams seem evenly balanced. I'm exhausted watching this.

Last edited:

gir

Oct 25, 2017
neither side is executing their game plans well I'd say, but the intensity from both sides has been incredible. Great match!

Joe will be happy with the intensity but want more composure and holding the ball for more phases I'd say

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I think the intensity of both teams is causing both teams to not execute well. Great line speed is causing so little time.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say so far this six nations has been very memorable. I hope it carries on this way.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
with so little between ireland, england, scotland, and wales, I wonder if 6N winners for the recent future will mostly come from a team with 3 home matches rather than 2

gir

Oct 25, 2017
murray is still rusty, shame mcgrath and marmion are still out, might be worth giving cooney a go

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Could be a big factor. Grand Slams are going to be harder and harder to come by.
think grand slams will become much rarer, you just can't expect ireland, england, or wales to not perform at home. Last year's 6N match at Twickenham, and this yr's 6N match at lansdowne, both between eng and ire, feel like freak results now

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
And again. We can't win if we keep doing stupid stuff like this.

Good try, but Carbery should have been tackled.

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Commentators are slacking. First mention of the swurrrling Murrayfield wind not until 51 minutes.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
It's composure. I know I've mentioned it about 100 times but we don't need a miracle try every time.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
It's composure. I know I've mentioned it about 100 times but we don't need a miracle try every time.

Sometimes keeping it simple for another phase is better than trying a smart one and losing the ball. But I guess the great Irish defence at the end of the first half are pushing the players into trying more risky things.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes keeping it simple for another phase is better than trying a smart one and losing the ball. But I guess the great Irish defence at the end of the first half are pushing the players into trying more risky things.

Yep - definitely. It's something that I wish Scotland had learnt.

Can't see us winning this now, but it has been a great test.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Commentators are slacking. First mention of the swurrrling Murrayfield wind not until 51 minutes.
the irish commentators couldn't get enough of it, asked joe about it an hour before kick off and he said he hadn't even been out yet

edit: good to see cooney on, murray is still far from his best atm

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
First half great, second half didn't click. Disappointed but Ireland deserve the win - they were just better this half. Need to beat France away next time round.

That final knock on was pretty much testament to our half.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
good result, but ireland aren't back to their best and still not looking as assured as last yr

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing end for Scotland. There would be a real worldbeating team if you could glue together Scottish first halves with Welsh second halves. The opposite if you did it the other way round.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Way too many mistakes for Scotland. And a poorer second half over all, but still a fun game to watch.

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Poite had a very good game. Excellent at keeping the game moving. Just that one glitch where there was some miscommunication with the TMO, who went back much further than Poite had asked for and answered the wrong question.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
decent match this, wales not attacking as well as italy, just italy conceding more penalties

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I would be tempted to criticise Wales, but then I realised this was largely a B side. Unfortunately Biggar didn't deliver as he usually does, so I would suspect Anscombe will be the pick to start with England with Biggar benched.

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Tense old game to watch, that. Glad to see Italy keep up their 2+ tries record in the 6n. Wales as usual missed three of four opportunities and were rather messy in the loose.

Sometimes it doesn't look like they even want to win.