• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
CeeCee

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Yet more terrible finishing by Italy! If they could actually finish they'd have won this game no question.

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
According weather radar, looks like the second half will be tonking down with rain.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland have had the jitterbug all year. Feels like the england loss destroyed the mental strength and ireland still haven't recovered

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Disastrous half from Ireland. Penalty after penalty after penalty conceded. Wales well worth their lead.

Joe Schmidt regretting the decision to keep the roof open as the wet ball has contributed to a lot of our handling errors.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Disastrous half from Ireland. Penalty after penalty after penalty conceded. Wales well worth their lead.

Joe Schmidt regretting the decision to keep the roof open as the wet ball has contributed to a lot of our handling errors.
6N is a writeoff for ireland even if we win today. Question is what does this mean for ireland ahead of the WC. How do you recover the mental strength again

OP
OP
CeeCee

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland have been shocking. Biggest concern for me would be their complete inability to respond to the referee.

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Last time Wales were in a game 16-0 at half time in the pouring rain there was a huge comeback and the other side won. That was 6 weeks ago in Paris. So I'm not hopeful for Wales yet. Indeed I'm not at all accustomed to them being at front at half time at all.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
6N is a writeoff for ireland even if we win today. Question is what does this mean for ireland ahead of the WC. How do you recover the mental strength again

I've no hope for us in the world cup at all after this 6N. They've just shat the bed and let last year's triumphs get to their heads.

I wonder if Schmidt announcing his departure had had an effect on the team?

Then again, Wales are in the same position with Gatland and they improved.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
This is the worst Irish performance I've seen in a long-ass time. At least in the England game we were soundly beaten by a great side but this Wales team has barely gotten out of second gear and they're hammering us.

Fucking embarrassing from Ireland.

[EDIT] That Sexton pass to nobody OMG lol. Just sums up the performance really.

OP
OP
CeeCee

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Wales have absolutely wrestled Ireland into submission. Ireland second best physically all game.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Worried what this means for leinster now with johnny underperforming so badly this 6N :/

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that was a classic case of;

D6l8fu1.gif

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Stunning Welsh performance. I'd really expected Ireland to cope with the rain better. I think that is the ninth Welsh Grand Slam that I'm lived through, but pretty damn good all the same. Puts us up to #2 in the world rankings I think.

Well done boys.

Now, come on Scotland!

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Bloody hell - just got back from kid's party and did not expect that. Well done Wales - you've owned the defense this Championship, been persistent and (hated word alert) clinical and attack. World Cup beckoning?

Oh God, don't be a spanking...

Man, they've made 'Flower of Scotland' sound quite twee with that little flute trill.

Last edited:

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
OK. Looks like it is going to be a spanking then. So instead, for your delightment, I offer a sneak preview of Eddie Jones' post interview:

Eddie: "By any measure you take we've been the best team in the tournament, you just need to look at the bonus points and the number of tries we've scored and that tells you the story ... "

Interviewer: "Except for the number of matches you won maybe?"

Eddie: "Fuck off."

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Stunning Welsh performance. I'd really expected Ireland to cope with the rain better. I think that is the ninth Welsh Grand Slam that I'm lived through, but pretty damn good all the same. Puts us up to #2 in the world rankings I think.

Well done boys.

Now, come on Scotland!

Fair play! Only the fourth for me, but maybe one of the best. Bring on the World Cup!

Dec 4, 2017
London
Not deserved though. We've not even really put up a fight. We were never going to win but it doesn't even look like we care that much.

Glimpse of hope for the second half though, no?

I mean, I'm generally England all the way with a tinge of conflicting half-Scottishness, so I'm reasonably happy they've clawed a little back even if ultimately I want the England win (and hate myself for it). Doesn't matter too much how they got it.

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Scottish defence just not getting up fast enough. There's been seven or eight times England have passed the ball to turf, and only one of them that Scotland capitalised on.

EDIT: YEAH! there might be a game in this yet.

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
I have a simple tactical change that will improve Scotland's results by 50%. Just have Gregor Townsend give his half-time talk before the match.