• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Scotland. If they lose this then they sure is he'll better make big changes within Scottish rugby or they risk sinking further and further.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
This tournament cements Japan as a tier 1 nation. They need a regular place in the test series and the yearly competitions.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah - they are playing a perfect game at the moment and I'm glad this was played, as the Japanese players fully deserve to go through as top at the moment.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was neutral so I could root for Japan. They are an incredible team and a breath of fresh air. Townsend needs a hell of a half time team talk to keep us in the tournament.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
This tournament cements Japan as a tier 1 nation. They need a regular place in the test series and the yearly competitions.

Agreed. I'd love to see the Lions go there before the South Africa tour.

Can't see any way back into this for Scotland. They need to be 7 ahead of Japan and stop them scoring another try. So basically 3 more tries without Japan scoring one.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
The way rugby ought to be played, I feel privileged to be able to watch this.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
RIP Scotland. If they lose this then they sure is he'll better make big changes within Scottish rugby or they risk sinking further and further.
Why the hell did they get rid of Vern Cotter anyway? I remember them showing a lot of improvement under Vern and then they just got rid of him. Mind boggling decision.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell did they get rid of Vern Cotter anyway? I remember them showing a lot of improvement under Vern and then they just got rid of him. Mind boggling decision.

Because they were worried that Toonie would disappear and never come back. In retrospect, it wasn't a great decision. Vern got us to 5th in the world. We're not that anymore, although Japan are clearly better than 8th in the world!

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I remember that too. The crazy thing is the signs have been here for a while with some terrible six nation performances. At this point I'd say Scotland may as well be tier 2 and Japan should be tier 1.

It all just makes the prospects of the six nations all the more depressing when you look at Italy and Scotland. Oh well, at least Italy had a decent World Cup before their last game was called off.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
And that is most definitely it. We look slow and ponderous compared to Japan's speed of thought and play. Know who I'm supporting for the rest of this!

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
This is ridiculous play from Japan. These guys versus South Africa next weekend should make for an exhilarating game.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Fuck, this could be a cricket score >_<

Still, I'm glad the game didn't get called off as this Japanese performance deserved to be seen.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Holy shit!

Went to get a cup of tea and when I've come back we've woken up and started to play.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland are back. I think Japan might be getting tired due to the intensity.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
This game has been unreal... I never would have thought Scotland would get back into it but they look right on top now!

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Well if they manage to knock out Japan especially after the typhoon* they'll turn once neutrals into people wanting to root against them... and then the All Blacks will eat them anyway so they're kinda screwed either way

Last edited:

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Unbelievable game, in the fanzone in Fukuoka at the moment and all the Irish are begging for Scottish tries while the Japanese can hardly watch

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic match at the moment. It's not going to happen for Scotland, but we've at least shown up well in the second half. Japan deserve it though - both teams can be proud