• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
www.psu.com

Rumor - Spider-Man Miles Morales On PS5 Comes With A Remaster Of PS4's Spider-Man - PlayStation Universe

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PS5 will reportedly come with a remaster of PS4's Spider-Man according to a new rumor.

According to a post on Reddit, The new GameInformer magazine reportedly features a line which says "Miles Morales isn't a traditional sequel, since it comes with a remastered version of Insomniac's Spider-Man that takes full advantage of the PS5 hardware. "

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Wasn't this said around the time MM was revealed? And simultaneously debunked by Insomniac? But maybe it's a GameInformer scoop.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Would be neat and would give me a reason to buy into the PS5 day 1 as I havn't played Spider-Man yet. But Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla will probably keep me occupied around that time.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's in my backlog and I haven't played it yet.

Would wait for PS5 if it means haptics.

Edit: But it's probably just based off the misinformation we initially had about what Miles Morales was when it was first announced.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Not really free if they charge $60 for Miles Morales. Realistically, it should probably cost $40 or less.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, I figured this was Sony's way of reselling their popular PS4 exclusives all over again.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't gotten round to playing Spider Man past the first few hours so I think I should just wait now.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
That's cool since I haven't played it yet. So what exactly is the new game? Spinoff story in the same open world?

Original Magazine link

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
well it's in the magazine that's for sure but Sony or Insomniac hasn't mentioned anything as far as I'm aware

italy.gameinformer.com

Connect – Introducing The PS5

Sony reveals the first look at its console and the games you’ll be playing on it Jure is traditionally the time for E3, which normally would have been the …

605-E961-A-27-A3-4-D0-A-8177-DAA9-CE99-E731.png

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Would be a good deal if so.

I take it if you already own Spider-man you won't get an enhanced version for free then?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Was hoping for a PS5 patch or that to happen. Though if Miles comes with a PS5 Spiderman then that's concerning. Makes me doubt that some games will get a PS5 patch.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't this said around the time MM was revealed? And simultaneously debunked by Insomniac? But maybe it's a GameInformer scoop.

I think it's the difference between 'Miles Morales is a remaster of the PS4 game' and 'Miles Morales comes with an enhanced version of the original as an extra'.

The former was the original suggestion after the reveal that was debunked. They wanted to emphasise that Miles Morales would be a new 'lost legacy' style entry that stands on its own.

Anyway, I'd wait for confirmation on this rumour, because they could very easily be mixing things up.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
As long I can still get it separately for $40. Already own the PS4 version. I hope the upgrade is free.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Wasn't this literally part of what caused a ton of confusion after the initial reveal? If I can't JUST buy Miles seperately, and have to pay $60 for a Remaster of a game i've already completed just to play it, thats ridiculous

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt it. I think someone just got confused.

Plus, the first game is almost 100GB and that's without improved assets.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
If this is real, probably those who have the game will play with the improvements through backwards compatibility, something that has already been confirmed by Sony, but this is something great for those who do not have the game and will buy Miles Morales on PS5.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017

Doesnt matter if it was said, not everyone know this info, i myself who is on this site every single day had no clue.
And i'm glad to know since I don't own a ps4 and plan on buying all those ps4 games i missed when the ps5 comes out.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised at all if there is a bundle of the two... But they should have it available on its own as well.