• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
The industry insider, Sabi, has revealed that a skating game from Activision might be getting a remake. "An Activision contact told me a week or so ago about how Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2 had demos/prototypes remade". "I didn't share before as I wasnt sure if they were being remade as full games, or just a test". Nobody seems to know if both games are being fully remade, or if it's just a test for something else. Liam Robertson just mentioned this info in his podcast, seemingly corroborating the info.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm tired of of this dude Sabi bro.

What is his track record? Is he legit? I need answers :l

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Activision make that skateboarding game with the dumb looking peripheral? Maybe it's that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope to god Crash or Ryu Hayabusa is Fighter 5 in Smash so we never have to talk about Sabi ever again.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD again? Maybe this time it will actually be a functional game....

Would not be surprised if they just call it "Pro Skater" since they lost the Tony Hawk license.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if they put effort into a Tony Hawk remaster for once, but their track record is atrocious.

Maybe they've seen the light thanks to the success of Spyro and Crash, though. Great remasters of THPS1-3 would absolutely do gangbusters.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
MfDmjSB.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I would kill for THPS1 and 2 full remakes not like the HD ones. That was okay but not a good remake.

Licensing will be a nightmare with brands, songs., Products missing.

if it's true, I hope it gets the love and care that Spyro and Crash got

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
The nostalgia rush from just listening to THPS1-3's soundtracks alone would get me to buy a remaster or remake of them.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for all the Game Awards announcements to leak lol

id prefer if they didn't

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
don't you FUCKING do this to me

still my favorite game series of all time... praise be to the most high if this is true

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Remake THPS 2X with THPS 1 songs. Maybe even include Hoffman Factory from the N64 version of THPS 1.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Were there skateboard segments in Spyro A Hero's Tail and Enter the Dragonfly? Just asking.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please no. Activision has fucked up this series so many times including the last time they remade a Tony Hawk game.

Now Skate on the other hand...

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Even if a well intentioned remake is planned with good production values and budget put behind it I can't help but feel it may have an uphill battle in winning people, mostly the longtime fans, over simply because of how the series ended on a poor note and things like the soundtrack may not be intact due to the nightmare of music licensing.