• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Would really rather have just a regular ass Battle Royale with Titanfall movement. That map has to be HUGE.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Like how can you be this incompetent (if the rumors are true ofc). Just let a few Titans drop throughout the game and teams can fight for them. Shit would be insane

I'm pretty sure there's a reason behind no titans, calling devs incompetent is inappropriate.
"Just let a few titans drop throughout the game", no shit, where's the balance?

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Titans would be messy in a BR and the movement in TF is too amazing to not at least try the idea out! Looking forward to it!

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh, I loved TF2's online mode. Super addictive with its parkour and snappy movement and I'm not the online type of gamer normally. Titans actually were my least favorite part of the game tbh (both controlling and fighting them) and I only ever played on-foot so I wouldn't miss them anyway.

Do you need PS+ for f2p games?

No parkour according to an Edge editor.
Wait, what?

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure there's a reason behind no titans, calling devs incompetent is inappropriate.
"Just let a few titans drop throughout the game", no shit, where's the balance?

I'd rather have a fun (Titans are a big part of the fun in the Titanfall series for me), but inbalanced BR, but that's just me.

Let's see how it plays anyways

Deleted member 39353

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Consider me interested! Never really played titanfalls multiplayer that much but man I love the way it controls.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too much into BR games but i'll sure as hell try this one out.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
when I read F2P Titanfall I was going to write please don't be Battle Royale then I fully read the title. -_-

So it gonna release this Monday or just get announced this Monday?

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
F2P, battle royale, no Titans, no parkour... Sounds like the safest, most generic direction they could take with the series. EA in a nutshell.

Oct 25, 2017

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
No Titans?! I trust Respawn to make an amazing game and I'll gladly play any BR game but, for me, Titanfall continues to stray further and further from what made the first game so special.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Ohh, I loved TF2's online mode. Super addictive with its parkour and snappy movement and I'm not the online type of gamer normally. Titans actually were my least favorite part of the game tbh (both controlling and fighting them) and I only ever played on-foot so I wouldn't miss them anyway.

Do you need PS+ for f2p games?

Wait, what?
No parkour, no titans?

Why is this game?

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No titans I can handle. I wish it wasn't true but I can handle it.

But no TF movement? That's a fucking joke.

By the way I'm watching Docs stream of Titanfall from a little over a week ago and his mods were talking about how sweet the upcoming Titanfall overlay will be. Clearly he plans to play something Titanfall related if he's creating new overlays for just this game.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Potentially no titans and no parkour seems like a massive whiff...

Just play Blackout then? Why go to this when the player count is smaller and you can only play in teams of 3. So weird.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
No Titans, and no parkour (?)
Only reason I could be happy about this is if it keeps EA the FUCK off of Respawn's back while they make Fallen Order

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
ill give it a try but no titans and no parkour movements make this sound like the most generic game EA has put out in awhile.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No parkour according to an Edge editor.
live look at Respawn's upcoming bomb

0yTw52P.jpg

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey you guys like Titanfall?"

"Yeah!"

"Cool, well here's a BR game that kind of looks like that with all the unique mechanics stripped out."

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So many hot takes in here lol, how about waiting to decide whether you're in or out? It's bonkers to me.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to whatever this is. I enjoy BR as a concept, so hopefully this is a true contender.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hype! I'd love a new Titanfall game, exciting times!
F2P, battle royale, no Titans, no parkour... Sounds like the safest, most generic direction they could take with the series. EA in a nutshell.
Hype deflated, not so excited anymore.

I'd take this with a huge grain of salt though, I don't think they're gonna release an online shooter so close to Anthem, unless they absolutely have to rush it out this fiscal year. On the other hand, this is the company that released Titanfall 2 and BF1 in a 2 week span, so who knows.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Hmm, I didn't play much Titanfall past a couple of betas. But if there are no Titans and there is none of the movement the series is known for, what makes this Titanfall?

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
So no Titans (which i can maybe understand) and it doesn't have the same movement (which I can't understand)....is it even Titanfall?

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was excited but if the no titans and no parkour are true this is skip from me.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
lmao at no titans or parkour. sounds about as fun as playing a mario game where you can't jump

Status
Not open for further replies.