• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
A titanfall BR game... with no titans and no parkour...

Why make it Titanfall then? To just be able to reuse assets for a quick game?

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I played Pilot vs Pilot mode more than any other mode in TF2 so I'm happy that this isn't a "Titan" based game. I don't know why Era so negative about it according to rumors game is called "Apex Legends" so they are not making a "Titanfall" Battle Royale game, that old engine couldn't handle 18 Titan's at once let alone 60 and this isn't some Tencent made cheap ass game Respawn is the developer so it's guaranteed to have the best gunplay, hit detection and netcode in any BR game we've seen to date.

Trademark Respawn gunplay, relatively boots on the ground. I'm in. I've been waiting for this since Modern Warfare 2 and since we're not going to get a proper Call of Duty follow up from Respawn this should be as close as it gets.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not called Titanfall, it's called Apex. It's in the Titanfall universe but it's not Titanfall.

Also been doing some sleuthing and came across this

DyZ4Q1ZXcAAr0Qm

Last edited by a moderator:

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think it's worth waiting to see the game in action first.
Yes there are no Titans and things like wall riding are not in the current iteration of the game. But a lot of the features and core feel of Titanfall 2 is still there. There is elements of parkour in the game. I think the Edge editor is wrong to say there is 'no parkour'.
Game will be 60fps on consoles too.
The nod to R6S is primarily because of how the game has in depth characters that you can customise.
Also the game will have a tutorial mode to ease people in.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Off-topic, but did you play 2 beyond the beta? I had the same feelings after playing that, but then I gave 2 a real chance shortly after launch and came away really loving a lot the changes, especially the "hero" Titans.

I did and I go back to it here and there. TF2 just doesnt scratch the itch for me. Mainly due to lack of presentation compared to TF1 in MP.
They did a good job making the MP in TF1 feel more than it was. With the additional AI running around, numerous chatter, Titanfall being a big deal.
TF2 lacks a lot of that and it's enough to kinda put me off.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, lmao, without Titans I can definitely do since those were boring and slow to play with anyway, but no parkour? Makes absolutely no sense. Sure the Titanfall connection is not just some vague superficial lore thing? I mean, it's apparently not even called Titanfall anyway.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the game equivalent of a milkshake duck? With every new detail I got less and less interested. Gonna wait for TF3 instead.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's free so I'll try it in any case, but it's gone from a really interesting idea (titanfall fast-paced movement & mech actions) to just something that just sounds like riding on the same wave as the others.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone at EA must get off on fucking over the Titanfall IP and seeing how much it can fail

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll try it since it's free, but I don't understand why they'd bother making it in the Titanfall universe if there's no Titans or parkour.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
Potentially no titans and no parkour seems like a massive whiff...

Just play Blackout then? Why go to this when the player count is smaller and you can only play in teams of 3. So weird.
I'm guessing because "free" will be the selling point. I love BR games and hope this is good but I also hope it speeds along Blackout going F2P as well.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because this is still heavily based on the TF2 Pilot gameplay, uses the same engine and doesn't require the devs to spend a ton of resources to develop a completely new IP

But what does "heavily based on the TF2 Pilot gameplay" even mean without any of the cool shit like parkour and zip lines? Outside of that it's really jus COD gunplay in the Source engine.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll play it until Anthem I guess but wtf are they doing with the timing? Why release two MP focused games so close to each other? Yes, I know they aren't the same game but people only have so much time.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
As much as I lovee Titanfall 2, I can't see how this can work. Titanfall even without Titans is all about agile movement, low TTK, fast respawns and quickly moving across the map, whereas every BR game I've played the best tactic is to avoid other players as much as possible, sit in a corner doing nothing for most of the match and kill maybe 3 other players all game.

If it's being made by Respawn I'll give it a try because if anyone can make the BR genre fun it's probably them, but at the moment it sound like trying to shoehorn a very carefully and specifically designed game into a genre it is wholly unsuited for

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
But what does "heavily based on the TF2 Pilot gameplay" even mean without any of the cool shit like parkour and zip lines? Outside of that it's really jus COD gunplay in the Source engine.

I like how people just ignored my post.

There is parkour and zip lines in the game.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I did and I go back to it here and there. TF2 just doesnt scratch the itch for me. Mainly due to lack of presentation compared to TF1 in MP.
They did a good job making the MP in TF1 feel more than it was. With the additional AI running around, numerous chatter, Titanfall being a big deal.
TF2 lacks a lot of that and it's enough to kinda put me off.
Ya, I can definitely see that. I really wish they had put the AI into more of the modes outside of just Attrition. Amped Hardpoint just didn't feel the same as OG Hardpoint. And I do miss all the little video clips from your CO during the match to update you on progress.

At least they added the original MP music back to the menus as an option :P

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Sounds interesting to me. Considering it's free it might actually undermine BFV. Especially if Firestorm stays squad only.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Why the fuck would they remove everything that makes Titanfall great? I don't believe this rumour just for that but it is EA, so...

i HeaR MusiC

Oct 27, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I think everyone needs to realize how much of a disaster a 60 player server would be with the exact parkour of Titanfall 2. I personally don't want that. A watered down version is the best route. We also don't know what the class abilities will be. Too many people dismissing this game too quickly.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
People should really calm down and wait for official info or trust real sources.

It is called Apex Legends, not Titanfall Legends and ZhugeEX confirmed parkour and Titanfall core elements.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doc and Shroud have both been curiously busy recently...doc hinting at stuff too...NDA'd out of his mind.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Off-topic, but did you play 2 beyond the beta? I had the same feelings after playing that, but then I gave 2 a real chance shortly after launch and came away really loving a lot the changes, especially the "hero" Titans.
Actually for me personally, the Hero titan setup put me completely off, despite the awesome pilot controls - I miss completely customising my Titan's loadout to how I like to play (Big Punch, Nuclear Ejection, etc.). That and the Rodeoing wasn't as fun (Personally I wish they would patch slide into Titanfall 1 but oh well).

On-topic, when I think of a battle royale game set in the Titanfall universe, having pilot-only gameplay with no parkour is not exactly what springs to mind. I'll try it nonetheless since it'll be F2P apparently but it sounds like a waste of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.