• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to a developer, Sony Interactive Entertainment plans to cut off the ability to add new PlayStation Vita titles to the PlayStation Store in early 2020.

"For those wondering about the Vita release, as far as we are aware, everything is still good and set in stone for the release; we may be cutting it close, but we still – according to what we have access to on our dev/publisher dashboard with Sony – are going to make the cut-off. We might be the last game ever released on Vita!"

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Officially will RIP in early 2020.

Vita deserved much better than it got. If only Sony didn't throw it to the ditch so early

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
image.php

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
but why...
if there is still a dedicated fanbase that a dev wants to sell to and Sony still gets the 30% cut or w/e, who is it hurting?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo trying their hardest to act like the 3DS isn't 100% dead and Sony being determined to kill the Vita at all cost despite it quietly getting new releases relatively often to this day lol.

Let the poor thing live, Sony you cowards.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017

Height: Switch Lite is .2 inches taller.

Length: Switch Lite is 1 inch longer.

Depth: Switch Lite is .5 inches smaller.

Weight: Switch Lite is .13 pounds heavier.

Screen size: Switch Lite's screen is .5 inches bigger.

Four shoulder buttons and clickable L3 and R3 already makes it superior. It was hard to port console games to Vita because it simply didn't offer enough buttons. Those back touch panels were trash. Loved my Vita but Switch beats it.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I love Everytime something like this happens you have "rip Vita". No more first party support? Rip vita. Gets pulled from shelves? Rip Vita. Unfortunately vita was barely more than an indie port machine for it's life span. It's been dead a very long time. Amazing piece of hardware with little support.

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
So basically the only time Sony remembers Vita is when they are bullying the poor thing. Well it had a run not a good run but a run.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we already knew something like this? I remember reading about Vita publishing being closed in 2020.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
If I recall correctly, the last PSP game was released on the North American PS Store in either 2015 or 2016.

Vita at this point seems to be getting games released more regularly than PSP was getting in 2014/2015. It seems rather premature to remove the ability to add new Vita games to PSN so soon. I can only guess that this has something to do with either Sony trying to wind down in-house support for Vita software developers (as Atom Heart Mother said above), or they're making some fundamental changes to PSN itself.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I love Everytime something like this happens you have "rip Vita". No more first party support? Rip vita. Gets pulled from shelves? Rip Vita. Unfortunately vita was barely more than an indie port machine for it's life span. It's been dead a very long time. Amazing piece of hardware with little support.
I still remember the original OT on the old site was something like "Why are you buying this? It's already dead"

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense. Sony probably doesn't or won't have any QA for Vita titles going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.