• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Do any of you like FFX?

When is the 25th anniversary? Anyone know?

Omg please be true. I love FFX so much

yuna-ffx.gif

Just thinking about Yuna first sending makes me tear up

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Please reboot the story too.

Tidus..... ;_; I want a real happy ending

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Literally been saying this for years.

But also as recently as yesterday lol
(I also think FF10's "super popularity" will make it a candidate for a full fledged remake one day, too)

And if it does remotely well, I bet we'll see 10-3 or some bananas. But we'll see.
🌊

FFX doesn't need a remake. What needs a remake is the older FF games pre-FFX.

10 is WAY safer a bet since, like 7, is super popular.
Hopefully doing the "safer ones" means a great chance for others.
🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Why are they skipping FFVIII? If any FF could use a remake it's that one. Actually remake titles that need improving.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
No, count the other way, Square. VI is the other way.

X is still good tho.

oty

Feb 28, 2023
X will be 25 years old when the remake drops, completely in the realm of a remake imo

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
🤷‍♀️
First, they should remake the games that actually need a remake, like say FFIV, FFVI, and FF8. FFX is the least desired remake at least for me. If they keep it turn-based then nothing changes. Now if they change the battle system to be more action-like, then maybe.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I love FFX but absolutely do not think it needs this. Like, another sequel set in the world or something, w/e, but a remake is zzz.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After finally finishing the remaster with a 7 year break.... Let it die.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First, they should remake the games that actually need a remake, like say FFIV, FFVI, and FF8. FFX is the least desired remake at least for me. If they keep it turn-based then nothing changes. Now if they change the battle system to be more action-like, then maybe.

Believe me, I'm not disagreeing.
But SE is competing with a marketing team.

And hey, maybe a chance to do the laughing scene better. And just generally grind out any rough social interactions... Maybe make Tidus slightly less of a dork lol

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Stretching way too thin after getting something right (and only partially) seems to be the bread and butter for new 'insiders'.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Good good
The remaster is so ugly and the mini games are so terrrible for my old fingers

Kuni

Oct 27, 2017
FFX is one of my all time top games. I have faith since FFVII:R came in so good.

Hook it into my veins!

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Literally been saying this for years.

But also as recently as yesterday lol

And if it does remotely well, I bet we'll see 10-3 or some bananas.
🌊

🤷‍♀️

Same here, lol. After FFVIIR, my prediction had always been them doing either FFXR or FFX-3. Safe prediction what with the game being the second most popular in the series after FFVII.

Still this is a really far-off, unproven rumor. We'll see how it goes, FF already has a legacy of hilariously wrong leaks.

TheExtra

May 14, 2020
I'd be way more into this remake than IX, TBH.

X was my first ever FF and will always be special to me because of that.

Awesome if true.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Makes sense.

10 is easier/faster to remake than the older ones because let's be honest - it's a corridor game and the basic map geometry doesn't need a lot of changes, just more detail and better graphics.

It's also one of my favourites so go for it lol

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am most likely minority in this and gonna get super hated for saying this, but personally I would love them to change the battle system. Not full-on action stuff or anything, but incorporate ATB style similar to X-2. But yeah it will not happen lol.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
i MEANNNN it HAS been 22 years since its release. we've seen games with shorter times between release > remake so who knows lmao

I'm getting so tired of remakes. Maybe it is just me, though?

I'd rather see this effort goes towards... new games. Or at least games that could really benefit from a remake. Neither X or IX needed remakes.

If any games needed remakes it would be I-VI. I would have loved to see them remade in 2D-HD with all of the bonus content that was added in later releases and with their updated translations. But instead we got those Pixel Remasters... ugh.

Last edited:

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
They have to remake FFX so they can make the fact that it's a prequel to FFVII more blatant. They will call it FFVII: Reblitz.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Listen Im all for this but like really?

The HD remaster is 99% good to make a meaningful jump feels like it would need a FF7 style remake and how the fuck could Square man that AND ongoing FF7 Remake development.

Like does Im a Hero have an actual track record for their own stuff that hasnt been previously rumored?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Remaking all the ones that don't need remakes and ignoring the one that could actually benefit massively from it.

The life of a FFVIII fan.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
I am most likely minority in this and gonna get super hated for saying this, but personally I would love them to change the battle system. Not full-on action stuff or anything, but incorporate ATB style similar to X-2. But yeah it will not happen lol.
I want a battle system like FFVII otherwise they shouldn't call it a remake at all.

oty

Feb 28, 2023
I'm getting so tired of remakes. Maybe it is just me.

I'd rather see this effort goes towards... new games. Or at least games that could really benefit from a remake. Neither X or IX needed remakes. They're still fantastic games.
none of them theoretically need remakes tbh. they're all amazing games

i think FF is the one franchise that absolutely deserves remakes. literally zero new audiences pretty much know about one of the most influential franchises in all of gaming. so i mean, yeah, go for it. 10, 8, 9....do it like Capcom

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I adore FFX and would love this, but I can't help but feel sad that VIII is ignored.