• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Console warring is stupid but let's arm an entire side with incomplete data to help them because it was a little too one sided." lol dusk

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Trolling and Drive-by Posting
Kinda pathetic on Sony if this is actually real and the PS5 just sucks on this front.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
www.eurogamer.net

PlayStation 5: Does the new Sony console deliver the next-gen dream?

Yes, we finally saw the console, we know what it looks like and how gigantic it is - but crucially, yesterday's PlaySta…

The best proof of all of this is nonsense. In the nearly 30 games announced between PS5 future of gaming event and August State of Play only two games are not native 4k and it is a 60 fps game. I suppose it will change during the generation or maybe at launch of the game... We have 4k 60 fps with raytracing...

And like Digitalfoundry said we never see any games running on Xbox Series X.

That's why i don't belive what Dusk says. There are already games running on actual PS5 hardware at 4K. Some even 4K60.

People are so obsessed with console wars and their favorite box that they would rather choose to belive a baseless rumor than the reality in front of them.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Is think a few in here are GROSSLY mischaracterizing what hDusk Golem meant when talking about the narrative being too one-sided. He was simply saying he had heard things that would make it less so and then stated what he had heard. That is it. That is the whole situation there. Not that he felt it was needed for some console war. The ones claiming as much are looking at it too much THROUGH the console war lens.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Can someone ELI5? I'm so lost trying to read this thread lmao.

Dusk claims in another thread, based on anecdotal evidence, that the PS5 is having trouble running RE8. He claims that despite the specs on paper for both consoles being very close (side note, I'm not sure why people need to hear this from insiders like Matt when the specs and some breakdowns are out there).

Literally he claims the game runs perfectly on XSX (I assume 4K/60), yet Capcom is having trouble getting the framerate steady on PS5 at 1080p (!) which understandably doesn't jive with what we know, and Dusk himself claims he doesn't really know any technical specifics, this is simply what he heard from some devs apparently.

Now his claim in this thread, according to other devs he talked to, is the PS5 has trouble running 4K. Which doesn't really give a full picture, as for all we know a game could be running at 4K native on XSX, and then let's say 2160p checkerboarding or 1800p on PS5, with no differences beyond that, yet this could be spun as "the PS5 is having trouble running 4K." Going back to RE8 you even have an engineer on Twitter questioning which SDK is RE8 is being run on, what engine codebase, what is the bottleneck exactly? As again Dusk did not give and has no specifics. By the way, some games like Spiderman Miles Morales will be running at 4K on PS5, and with raytracing which we know is resource intensive.

Later Dusk posts on Twitter that he doesn't care for console war arguments, yet he posted this anyway as he felt things were getting too one sided against the XSX while people are propping up the PS5, especially after MS's latest showcase. As a side note Dusk is also claiming the PS5 might be the more expensive console - again no specifics here and not really iterated by another other insiders.

Tldr: anecdotal evidence, no specifics, doesn't really jive with what we know on specs, claims seem exaggerated or not presented in good faith

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
wow, large sized oof at those tweets.

dusk lost a lot of respect from me. intentionally riling up console warriors and then complaining about console warriors? that's a nope.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Watch a good 1080p blu-ray on a good 4K TV and tell me again that native 4K is mandatory to make things look good.
It's absolutely not and shouldn't be prioritized over the rest, especially framerate.
And I'm not even talking about DLSS and equivalent technologies here.

If a game's optimization allows for native 4K withtout any sacrifice on anything else though, then fine.
I'm sorry

Are people on this thread saying that 4k 25 mbps h265 streams look worse In detail than 720p blurays

You all are mad and the console wars continue to steal people's sanity
It is getting ridiculous around here. Not only that, film resolution is not a good analogy to use for a myriad of reasons (source, lens, cameras, age, etc).

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Dusk claims in another thread, based on anecdotal evidence, that the PS5 is having trouble running RE8. He claims that despite the specs on paper for both consoles being very close (side note, I'm not sure why people need to hear this from insiders like Matt when the specs and some breakdowns are out there).

Literally he claims the game runs perfectly on XSX (I assume 4K/60), yet Capcom is having trouble getting the framerate steady on PS5 at 1080p (!) which understandably doesn't jive with what we know, and Dusk himself claims he doesn't really know any technical specifics, this is simply what he heard from some devs apparently.

Now his claim in this thread, according to other devs he talked to, is the PS5 has trouble running 4K. Which doesn't really give a full picture, as for all we know a game could be running at 4K native on XSX, and then let's say 2160p checkerboarding or 1800p on PS5, with no differences beyond that, yet this could be spun as "the PS5 is having trouble running 4K." Going back to RE8 you even have an engineer on Twitter questioning which SDK is RE8 is being run on, what engine codebase, what is the bottleneck exactly? As again Dusk did not give and has no specifics. By the way, some games like Spiderman Miles Morales will be running at 4K on PS5, and with raytracing which we know is resource intensive.

Later Dusk posts on Twitter that he doesn't care for console war arguments, yet he posted this anyway as he felt things were getting too one sided against the XSX while people are propping up the PS5, especially after MS's latest showcase. As a side note Dusk is also claiming the PS5 might be the more expensive console - again no specifics here and not really iterated by another other insiders.

Tldr: anecdotal evidence, no specifics, doesn't really jive with what we know on specs, claims seem exaggerated or not presented in good faith

When you have ulterior motives because you believe one box is getting it's feelings hurt, maybe don't believe that person cause you can make shit up. Here, let's try: sources tell me that regardless of what box you get, box boxes can do 8k 120fps without issues. Oh hey, that's not true, but man I bet people will fall for it

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
People questioning why dusk posted this is hilarious. The conspiracy stuff is nuts. He just likes passing on information he hears, that's all.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Is think a few in here are GROSSLY mischaracterizing what hDusk Golem meant when talking about the narrative being too one-sided. He was simply saying he had heard things that would make it less so and then stated what he had heard. That is it. That is the whole situation there. Not that he felt it was needed for some console war. The ones claiming as much are looking at it too much THROUGH the console war lens.

But you don't find it odd, that he claims he has friends that just happen to be Japanese devs who are the ones actually working on this game and that they tell him and no one else from any other studio has ever leaked anything about games having trouble getting to 4k on the ps5? Like it's way too convenient

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of his intentions, he heard it and he keeps saying he heard it. Whether it is true or not is up for debate, but this is for unreleased shit that has no basis right now, to go 47 pages about this is strange. We will see when these things release.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of his intentions, he heard it and he keeps saying he heard it. Whether it is true or not is up for debate, but this is for unreleased shit that has no basis right now, to go 47 pages about this is strange. We will see when these things release.
It kind of does seem a bit like he's hearing it from his uncle that works at Nintendo tho.

i can however believe what he is saying is true tho, next gen games running at 4k, both consoles will struggle, ps5 more so then series x; but that's just common sense.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow, large sized oof at those tweets.

dusk lost a lot of respect from me. intentionally riling up console warriors and then complaining about console warriors? that's a nope.

No different from the other insiders that implied XBLG was going free, and then called people illiterate when it turned out to be bullshit and they had to backtrack.

Like I said earlier, it feels like insiders are stoking the console warrior flames more for this gen launch than any before. Maybe it's purely for clicks?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I don't think it's fair to doubt the credibility of the information because his reasons were flawed, we wouldn't even know his ''motivations'' in first place if it wasn't for that tweet, so it shouldn't matter.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
People questioning why dusk posted this is hilarious. The conspiracy stuff is nuts. He just likes passing on information he hears, that's all.

It's not a conspiracy, but people are rightfully calling him and the information out again based on what we know and the lack of specifics given (which makes spin very malleable). Him saying he posted this (either partially or fully) because things were getting too one sided is literally adding fuel to the fire. You don't say that and not be trying to stir up the discussion.

Normally I appreciate his info but

hqdefault.jpg

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

No. Read his tweets. He only posted what he claims he heard because of poor Xbox.

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
I believe Dusk. He has a good track record and is a mod here, so yeah.
Regardless, I hope PS5 has a good price, but even if it doesn't it still has most of the franchises I'm interested in so I'll go for it.

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of feel like waiting for ps5 pro
like it's not a huge deal, but also its probably happening eventually

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

This is the part that made a lot of people go WTF .
Something wrong with the engine or something else.
Because have trouble doing 4K@60fps you could understand but 1080p@60fps made no sense not with everything we know and other games we see.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I can't for the life of me understand why people think the PS5's SSD is going to negate the power advantage the Series X's GPU has over the PS5's GPU. It just... makes no sense whatsoever. And people keep saying that advantage is "only" 18%... but that 18% is like... the equivalent of a PS4. That is not insignificant.

At any rate, I don't have a horse in this race. I'll get and enjoy both. Some of the arguments made over this the past few months are just puzzling though.

1000000% truth

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
When he posts that he felt it was to one sided that makes him lose credibility. It's pretty nuts to give him a pass because he maybe "heard" it

I do not know his intentions behind that but my best guess is that he is seeing information that is counter to what he has heard so he decided to share it. Dusk does not care at all about any system wars nonsense.

As for my thoughts on this, I think native 4k is a waste to chase. I think we may see some third party games look better on Xbox because *gasp* it's more powerful. No big deal.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
The framing is what people are using to question the information he has given. I don't see anything wrong with that. He went from just dropping the information he heard to dropping it with a reason. Which the reason clearly puts him at odds with his stance against console warring.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
This is the part that made a lot of people go WTF .
Something wrong with the engine or something else.
Because have trouble doing 4K@60fps you could understand but 1080p@60fps made no sense not with everything we know and other games we see.

I do remember the game looking real rough during the PS5 reveal.

DF threads will be very interesting.

The only difference from this gen is what company's machine is more capable. I love DF but I don't see how it will be very interesting at all. It'll be the same chuckleheads going in and just doing the exact opposite that they did this generation.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
People love insiders until they stop liking what they have to say.

Edit - just remembered the thread where DF people were chased out for their analysis of Halo Infinite not being as negative as people had hoped.

Yet there's no inherent bias in this forum 🤔

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I believe Dusk. He has a good track record and is a mod here, so yeah.
Regardless, I hope PS5 has a good price, but even if it doesn't it still has most of the franchises I'm interested in so I'll go for it.

*quick correction* No longer a Mod.
But I assume that was by his own choice. Probably not for any of us to know the details regardless.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I dont really know what to say.

I don't want Dusk to be correct, as it would be a shame, if they cost close to the same price....

....On the other hand, for Dusk...I hope he is right..because he is going to catch a lot of flack if these consoles perform more or less identically.
But then you just have to think he has brought it on himself, but the internet mob can be ruthless.

On his reasoning, it makes very little sense, because the truth will come out once Digital Foundry do their videos. Which will probably be a nightmare for Digital Foundry :/

Status
Not open for further replies.