• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was to be expected, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for ps5 as well.

give me that 1440p with higher frustrates all day long.
I mean I would expect 3k or more detailed checkerboarding/ secret sauce over ps4 pro
where games were bottlenecked by cpu (most of them?), the frame rate can increase with zen

Last edited:

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I mean, that's all well and good, but if you're going to enjoy the reputation as an 'insider' and see it fit to pass along information you have to enthusiasts on twitter and forums, then posting things out of context is always going to leave your credibility open to question.
The only reason why his credibility is being questioned at all is because his information painted PS5 in a bad light compare to the Series X.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Did Dusk not get the StreetFighter info correct or was that someone else?
Because if so it is plausible he does know things about Capcom

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not know his intentions behind that but my best guess is that he is seeing information that is counter to what he has heard so he decided to share it. Dusk does not care at all about any system wars nonsense.
That tweet goes against that though, he seems to care about system war since he wanted to counter.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, that's all well and good, but if you're going to enjoy the reputation as an 'insider' and see it fit to pass along information you have to enthusiasts on twitter and forums, then posting things out of context is always going to leave your credibility open to question.
Yep.

Honestly, it feels like his main concern, like many insiders, is to grow his own brand.

Look at social blade, he got a big spike in followers since January which I would assume is RE news and since then he has been getting more spikes with new information he is dropping.

He has repeatedly said that a lot of the criticism he is getting is because he isn't explaining himself well and yet he just keeps on doing it and making things even worse. If you come out and say "my fault, should have explained better ' and then give the reason for dropping this info was because things were one sided, that just feels like clout chasing and causing a mess.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
People love insiders until they stop liking what they have to say.

Edit - just remembered the thread where DF people were chased out for their analysis of Halo Infinite not being as negative as people had hoped.

Yet there's no inherent bias in this forum 🤔

No one was "chased out". The DF person who left was for a totally different reason (about a retro shooter I can't recall the name)

DF threads are going to be a graveyard of bans.

Console war never changes.

They are not this gen, why it would be different? XSX is more powerful, we get it, that's not the issue.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
....On the other hand, for Dusk...I hope he is right..because he is going to catch a lot of flack if these consoles perform more or less identically.
But then you just have to think he has brought it on himself, but the internet mob can be ruthless.
You can separate the two subjects, no one should attack Dusk regardless of what is going to happen, but at the same time there is no need for wanting to the PS5 perform worse than it should.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly regardless of how this turns out, we should stop chasing resolutions and rather focus on technologies like DLSS, native most things is unnecessary if there are "better" alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.