• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
A6fi8o5.png

airpods-pro-midnight-green-black-concept.jpg

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if want. Part of what I love about AirPods is that I can still hear the world around me.

Colors are surprising to me, I figured Apple would want to stick with their "iconic" white for free advertising. The black Pro's in that image are indistinguishable from other random BT earbuds.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
300 buckaroos for 1 or 2 year iems with irreplacable batteries presumably. rip planet Earth.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I don't like the in-ear tips. It hurts my ears and gives me ear fatigue. I prefer the design of the regular airpods.

I hope they won't discontinue the older models.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Better be good. Obviously there are higher end IEMs out there, but the $200-300 wireless earbud market is a tough one right now.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Considering my 25$ Blutooth earbuds have a better battery life than the regular AirPods... no thanks.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Yeah, I'll probably grab these. Since my gen 1 Airpods still work, I'll probably get a BT adaptor for my PC to use on there.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
No! I don't want in ear airpods! The fact that they aren't till now is the reason i like them in the first place....

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
what's "pro" about earphones? everything is pro now, pro stands for even more expensive.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Y'all gone hate me, but my powerbeat3 broke and I need new headphones, and I always said I'd buy AirPods if they released d in any color besides white.
these are for me!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are these definitely going to be waterproof?

I don't really care about noise-cancellation, but water resistance would be a great addition.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if want. Part of what I love about AirPods is that I can still hear the world around me.

Colors are surprising to me, I figured Apple would want to stick with their "iconic" white for free advertising. The black Pro's in that image are indistinguishable from other random BT earbuds.
It's probably copying the Samsung buds, which have tech that boosts background noise if you want them to

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell?

the AirPods aren't going away, these are just a different sku.
If they are just in addition to the non in ears, than this is obviously no problem. But as long as that isn't specifically announced i'm not happy. And just because these are called pro, doesn't 100 % mean the others will stay available in unchanged form.

Also i was hoping that the normal Airpods would get an upgrade. This way it seems the best scenario for me is just that the old ones stay available.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they are just in addition to the non in ears, than this is obviously no problem. But as long as that isn't specifically announced i'm not happy. And just because these are called pro, doesn't 100 % mean the others will stay available in unchanged form.
Thinking they will get rid of the regular version is crazy.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people trust Ben Geskin? He's practically the Marcus Sellers of phone hardware rumors.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Will these actually stay in my ear, unlike the trash airpods now?

jk, I have no interest in headphones that don't have a replaceable battery.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how they stack up against the Sony XM3 earbuds in terms of sound quality.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Interested to see how they'll compare to the Sony WF-1000XM3 which will be their direct competition.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I'm glad it's priced high, it slashes right into all those $300 wireless buds that Sennheiser, Sony, and B&O tried to get away with.