• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Cap and BP together? Awesome!
WW2 setting? Not awesome!

I'll reserve judgment til we see more (if it's true) but man I'm so over WW2 settings in media...

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I just hope they can get combat down. I really hope this isn't a Guardians of the Galaxy-esque game where the dialogue/story are what carry it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
captain-america-cap.gif

Sounds dope

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's a weird and unexpected combo but I'm down for that, sounds like it could be really cool.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
There is small short on Black Panther and Captain America and their history during the war on Marvel's YT, wonder if it's inspired by that to some extent.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
what are the chances Logan show up too. he fought together with Cap in the comic, right?

edit: also, is this T'challa Black Panther or maybe his T'chakka?

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Surprised they can use Black Panther if that character is getting their own game over at EA. Unless BP isn't playable and is instead just a supporting character in a Captain America game?

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

That scene was good, but a little weird. With that much firepower, why wouldn't you pull back and let them charge you? In fact, just keep dropping back, bogging them down, trying to take out as many as possible before they got close to physical combat. I feel like any competent general would have done the exact opposite they did in that scene.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
ZZZZzzzzzz. Outside of Spidey, feels like all of these super hero games are going with characters with the most boring abilities, mechanically speaking.

@ me when I can play as a Nightcrawler or Silver Surfer or Magneto. Someone who's powers translate to games in way that's both novel and interesting.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
what are the chances Logan show up too. he fought together with Cap in the comic, right?

edit: also, is this T'challa Black Panther or maybe his T'chakka?
Either T'Challa sent back in time or his grandfather, who also met Steve & gave him the vibranium used for his shield in the comics.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im not a fan of ww2 usually but for a genre like this it's super unique and I'm down.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I do love when BP and Cap are together. If true, hope its T'challa time traveling.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down but given people's aversion to WW2, I wonder what wins out. That's assuming Amy can get a game across the finish line anymore.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Either T'Challa sent back in time or his grandfather, who also met Steve.

This rumored setting is not helping them beat the allegations of developers doing everything in their power to avoid us playing as T'Challa himself smh

Right?

That scene was good, but a little weird. With that much firepower, why wouldn't you pull back and let them charge you? In fact, just keep dropping back, bogging them down, trying to take out as many as possible before they got close to physical combat. I feel like any competent general would have done the exact opposite they did in that scene.

Haha maybe, but superheroes by their own rules I suppose

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
yeah, kind of hope it's not entirely in WW2. I would be ok if it's present day but with WW2 flashback mission
That's funny, because I feel the opposite. I like the idea of a throwback superhero game, but not super interested in the same cast of Marvel heroes we've been having shoved down our throats.

That's said, I'd be surprised if this is going to be a Black Panther game and we're also getting the EA Black Panther game. But I guess it's hard to know the timing of either one.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds okay but it doesn't sound like it inherently leads to good gameplay scenarios unless they start shooting people? Like super heroes meleeing a bunch of nazis doesn't seem like it would provide much challenge for long? Not really a lot of variety either.

Open to seeing what they do though.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That's funny, because I feel the opposite. I like the idea of a throwback superhero game, but not super interested in the same cast of Marvel heroes we've been having shoved down our throats.

That's said, I'd be surprised if this is going to be a Black Panther game and we're also getting the EA Black Panther game. But I guess it's hard to know the timing of either one.
it could simply be a Captain America game title, but Black Panther is a major character in it.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Invaders_1.png
If the ends up being an Invaders game this will be the most unexpected take on a Marvel game.

Not sure how many people know about the original Human Torch lol.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Sounds good, especially because every other superhero game is modern or future timelines.