• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Take this with a pile of salt because there's zero sources backing up this claim but.... have at it I guess:

If the release of Vicarious Visions' well-received Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has taught us anything, it's that nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

The titular character, once an industry icon, thanks to a slew of extremely popular adventures back in the 90s, largely spent the next decade-plus sitting on the bench. As the original license holder, Sony found itself inundated with new characters and creations to front its successful PlayStation hardware, resigning poor Crash to little more than a handful of cameo appearances. In the years that followed, publisher Activision has since become the license owner of Crash and has brought the former Sony mascot back to prominence with a number of remakes, most recently with Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled.

No doubt due to those recent successes, however, the anthropomorphized bandicoot is on course to score himself a whole new generation of fans.

Sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who told us Bill Murray was returningfor Ghostbusters 3 and that an Aladdin sequel was in development, both of which we now know to be true – have revealed that an animated film based on the character is currently in the works at Sony Pictures. At this time, no release date has been confirmed yet, but early plot details reveal that the movie will follow the games' basic plot, with Crash attempting to thwart, once more, the evil plans of Doctor Neo Cortex.

Sadly, we know little else beyond those specifics already divulged, as the project is only in early development, but we, along with legions of Crash Bandicoot fans, can't wait to see how it all comes together. The primary concern right now, of course, would be a repeat of Sonic The Hedgehog's troubled development, but with Sony seemingly at the helm, a similar fiasco should be easily avoided. Fingers crossed.

I don't even know anymore, guys. This screams clickbaity as hell.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If ture, I wonder if the rumored new game is related to this

Like Crash Bandicoot the movie the game

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
As anyone who follows the comic book movie scene knows, We Got This Covered are completely full of shit.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Could be amazing if they keep Crash silent and have him engage in all manner of slapstick mayhem.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Even if this were true, I'd assume it would go about as well as Rachet and Clank.

Sony Pictures is just throwing ideas against a wall to see what sticks at this point.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Wegotthiscovered is the ultimate trash-tier clickbait movie site.
Don't believe anything you read in this site. oh and try not to share this site as a source. it's literally shit.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The source is absolute trash garbage, so I'd wait on literally anyone else to mention it first

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Noooooo not like this.

Crash games are fun but the visual design is atrocious. There is no way I would watch a movie with those nasty looking characters.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Source is sketchy (ViewerAnon's tweet pretty much seals the deal) and frankly, last time i've heard about something similar was in 2015 with this blog post by Charles Zembillas

I do wish if we got a proper Crash cartoon instead, don't think giving us two seasons of Skylanders Academy was enough to fill in that hole for me, and its pretty exciting to dance around the potential of said idea

OP
OP
SNRUB

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
image0.jpg

Yea this is bullshit :V

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Crash is ready for his time in the sun. Speaking of a Crash movie, whatever happened to that Sly Cooper movie or TV series from a few years ago?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Activision-Blizzard has its own internal motion picture production company so unless they've stealthy shut that down already I don't see why they wouldn't do it themselves.