• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Take this with a grain of salt as always.

"It's been rumoured for quite some time that the next setting for Assassin's Creed is centred around Vikings. The previously thought title was referenced as being called Kingdom. Our sources now indicate that the title could now be called "Assassin's Creed Ragnarok."

Source: https://dailygamingreport.co.uk/latest-gaming-news/rumour-assassins-creed-ragnarok-next-gen-vikings/

This was also posted but got deleted

"The game was codenamed kingdom but now is called Ragnarok. Release fall 2020 on both old and new gen. Reveal during the playstation event on feb. Viking setting, c. 800 BC. Map includes Scandinavia and a big part of England, including London and Plimouth. Choice between a woman and a man, but there's no impact on the story, that is the same. Protagonist, woman or male, is called Jora, and become an Assassin during the game. Brotherhood system is back, with recruitable npcs. You can still use a boat to travel on sea, but there's less naval combat than black flag or Odyssey imo. Story-wise, the game is focused on a revenge quest, with a big part of first civilization story.

Realms like asgard or Jottuneim can be visited in the game, mythical beigs such as Odin or Loki play a big part in the story, as well as the Ygdrassil. Game has a present day part but, as much as Origins or Odyssey. It will conclude the present day storyline. gameplay is the same as odyssey, with improved mechanics and further rpg elements"

Edit: For those confused about the 800BC thing, it was most likely a typo on their part and not mine. Just wanted to clear that up.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/dxlk8f/assassins_creed_ragnarok_info/

Not to mention that Imran Khan from Kinda Funny (former editor at GameInformer.com) said on the daily podcast that he heard they were looking to reveal the game around february and that it made him think about a potential PS5 reveal along with it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgNeRRyrXw (around 2.25)

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This feels ill-timed after God of War. They really can't just make the feudal Japan AC game everyone wants, can they?

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
That subreddit is one of the most unreliable ones when it comes to leaks. Gaming websites just report on it to get clicks.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1. Loved Oydessy and the direction this series has taken.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Ni-oh, Ni-oh 2, Sekiro, and soon Ghost of Tsushima all have that covered. I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting for the trend to die down so it can feel fresh again.

I feel like an open world Norse game where you travel to the different realms just feels a little...TOO similar to God of War, but maybe that's just me.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Reveal during PlayStation event in Feb hmmm..

Throwing in Loki and Odin, that would be wild.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Ni-oh, Ni-oh 2, Sekiro, and soon Ghost of Tsushima all have that covered. I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting for the trend to die down so it can feel fresh again.
You forgot Yakuza Ishin ;) (ok, that was Japan only, but its bloody fantastic and I'll mention it every opportunity I get). Also, we might end up with an Onimusha reboot soon (who knows what Capcom is planning) so I think that region is nicely represented for the while, as you stated above.

Feb 10, 2018
Isn't the ps meeting just speculation, that video linked also says it could be xbox reveal because assassins is on xbox marketing.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
This feels ill-timed after God of War. They really can't just make the feudal Japan AC game everyone wants, can they?
After playing GoW I really don't wanna see a different take on the Norse Mythology. They did everything so well. Idk why but playing AC feels watered down when it comes to those things.

I also don't think AC could do the feudal Japan thing justice. Maybe it would've been cool as an AC3, but the game has changed too much for me to want them to do it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
tumblr_meyxudWeOi1rquxsyo3_1280.png

"The world outside is coming to it's inevitable end. Who's side your on won't matter anymore." Those words were said by Otso Berg to Layla in Odyssey's DLC for The Fate of Atlantis part 3. Have Ragnarok be the "end" of this "Layla chapter" She is now supposedly a villain due to the Staff corrupting her so she probably isn't the one to save the world (Break the Code/Node stuff in Origins) but destroy it. She messes up and completely resets the AC universe. Bad for her, good for us. Reboot AC with an Asian setting. China first, then Japan. Then everyone's happy. Perfect.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After playing GoW I really don't wanna see a different take on the Norse Mythology. They did everything so well. Idk why but playing AC feels watered down when it comes to those things.

I also don't think AC could do the feudal Japan thing justice. Maybe it would've been cool as an AC3, but the game has changed too much for me to want them to do it.

You may be right. The current, grindy, numbers-heavy AC framework would probably not be very good for a ninja game. Oh well.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
the last 2 ACs were amazin, the last one is superb, a viking set on AC? I can't wait!

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
"Story-wise, the game is focused on a revenge quest" - must be true then

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I can get excited for a new AC anymore. The direction they've taken the series is fine, but not at all what I used to enjoy from it, between the larger focus on RPG elements and the mediocre attempts at continuing the modern storylines.

The setting for this is neat, but I doubt I'll get it. The series ain't what it used to be anymore.