• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
talking more about the Origins/Odyssey mold, which i'm guessing this game cribs off of. wouldn't discount MP entirely but leak is definitely bull shizzle
Multiplayer has been rumored to be coming back for a while. Specifically co-op. Ubisoft wants the GTA Online money

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, i'm not even surprised, this is Ubisoft modus operandi.

Bloated open world + totally not needed live service garbage.

Nothing new to see here, Ubisoft managed to nail one game this gen and that's Siege, the rest is pretty mediocre or forgettable and this new AC won't be better than the rest of their games.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
talking more about the Origins/Odyssey mold, which i'm guessing this game cribs off of. wouldn't discount MP entirely but leak is definitely bull shizzle

We don't know that for sure. When the leaks first came out last year, the first one mentioned coop. It came from a french gaming website that got Odyssey information correct months before the official reveal. Not to mention they got stuff right from Origins too. So I wouldn't count it out just yet. I think it's likely to happen to be honest.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I think the best part about all of this is the usual Anti-Ubisoft posts that we're gonna see around in the next several months

Lots of people really loves hating Ubisoft.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So those conquest battles...

Viking_-_Battle_for_Asgard.jpg

But better?

giphy.gif

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Ubisoft having coop in this would kinda go contra to what Yves said in investor calls, but I dunno.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Guess I'll get the PC version cheap to mod out weapon durability. I just did that with The Witcher 3 and along with unlimited encumbrance, it is so much better.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't think of anything else I would despise more being part of an AC game as much as weapon degradation. I've always found it to generally be a lazy way to make you use different weapons instead of actually giving you a reason to use different weapons.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Another day, another alleged rumor of Ragnarok.

"Officially announced in february at the upcoming playstation event, release date September 29th, 2020.
Up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op like Ghost Recon wildlands.
Player can only play as a single character, Jora, who can be chosen to be male or female.
Jora led a small band of 4 during their adventures which is why other players can drop in and out for co-op
Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.
Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.
Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.
Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded.
Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode which also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.
Sailing returns is less combat intensive and more focused on exploration and travel including being able to navigate tight rivers and wetlands.
Parkour is upgraded with tree climbing and new animations.
The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab.
Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.
Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.

Players now have a reputation system based on quests completed for people in cities, the town officials, clothing worn, crimes committed, etc. Some quests and story missions can only be completed after reaching a certain reputation with kingdoms.
Conquest battles return to help capture some settlements from templars and players can approach them in a variety of ways.
Players can also find battles between warring kingdoms occurring dynamically throughout the world.
Multiple settlements throughout the world can be captured and controlled for trade and currency gains
Players can organize large scale raids of forts and cities with nearby viking camps, wait for their own raids, or go in by themselves.
The assassins are believed to have a connection to Odin and dub their raven drone as odin sight.
Difficulty returns but focuses more on parry times, player health, and enemy reaction times rather than enemy health
Levelling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.
Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.
The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.

Game begins in 845 CE at the siege of Paris with you playing as Jora's father, Rorik who's an ally of the viking leader Ragnar.
We next cut to 863 as the teenage Jora living in Novagrad?. Eventually we meet assassins and are sent to deliver a package to Ragnar in Uppsala.
Jora becomes a thane to Ragnar allowing the settlement system and we then follow him to northumbria where the templar Aella kills Ragnar.
Jora returns to Ragnars sons where the army is formed to combat the templars that control most of europe
We follow most of the invasion and war, becoming allies with Alfred, conquer kiev, help rollo in normandy, and overthrow fat charles in france.
Then a templar named Bjorn has an eden piece that's like a knife that gives him control over vikings and tries to invade england again (idk what this is, google translate may be screwing up).
Then we kill Bjorn in a temple and give his knife to his mother's who's ragnar's ex?
Also there are a ton of temples that are each protected by a mythical beast like a giant snake, a dragon, kraken, and a giant. "

You know what? I actually ... sort of believe this, truth be told O_o But then again, the more detailed it is, the more it's believable to be fake... hmmm .... :/ But stranger things have happened (like ACIV: Black Flag leaking on a plane back in 2013 lol) We've heard the name Jora time and time again with these leaks, so....

Absolutely love Origins and this sound freaking amazing.

Welp time to play Odyssey I guess.

This is Ashraf team right ?

Weapon durability sounds shit, but the rest of it sounds amazing.
Bring it

Knowing Ubisoft, the weapon probably degrade really slow and is easily repaired.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am not the biggest AssCreed fan but I am
absolute sucker for games with snowy setting.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I am curious if the backlash from the Division 2 and the Breakpoint did manage to influence this game or if it was to far along. Same goes for Watchdogs 3.
I liked yves guillemot statement about needing to rethink their game structure and games needing to have something unique or a strong vision , I just think that these 2 games were too far along to make massive changes but maybe they were able to remove some bloat. I am really curious how ubisoft will enter t next gen for real in 2021-22.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
coop missions would be nice, like Unity, but if they actually make the entire game coop, then that's basically the death sentence for any sort of engaging narrative. The core fans were already very mixed on Odyssey with how it kinda doesn't even feel like an AC game and how it shit all over the lore, but this would be pushing it even further.

I am very skeptical though, 4chan leaks do tend to be acccurate sometimes but most of the time its just people roleplaying as leakers.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I hope they bring back Unity's Parkour système. And I want to be an assassin, not an invincible warrior

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I hope they bring back Unity's Parkour système. And I want to be an assassin, not an invincible warrior

I wouldnt count on it. This is likely going to be a game very similiar to Odyssey in gameplay especially with all the viking and mythical stuff. And as long as ubisoft insists on massive maps with mostly scenery, the advanced movement isn't coming back either.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
It's not a great game

but it's a game I love

edit: And thinking about those huge battles with ubisoft money and production value...

+1 respect points for the Viking shout-out, but I bet that game will have better stealth mechanics than Ragnarok due to Ubi's rpg-ification of everything and making stealth kills almost non existant

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of weapon degradation but I understand why it's there. Odyssey had too many weapons lol

Everything sounds awesome though. Day one for sure.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
So those conquest battles...

Viking_-_Battle_for_Asgard.jpg

But better?

giphy.gif
I just want them to at least start with shield walls and formations. I get that being an action video game with a single character controlled by the player it has to devolve into Odyssey's free-for-all nonsense at some point, but Ryse Son of Rome proved that shield walls and formations can still work well in short bursts with this playstyle.

And if battles started this way it would be a great game mechanic designed around jostling for an early advantage, where either your shield wall is broken by the enemy (start with a minor disadvantage) or the enemy's shieldwall is broken by you (minor advantage). Works especially well if the army "health bar" reflects morale again like it did in Odyssey.

It can descend into video game madness immediately afterwards. I just need it to start like this if I'm going to enjoy these large battles in a game series that prides itself on historical details:

tenor.gif

DC36EEBF4738854FC80A76AC37F550C23267E7AC

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How are you so sure?

Because there's only two major teams who are working on AC right now. One of them is Montreal (Black Flag and Origins) and the other is Quebec (Syndicate and Odyssey) but quebec are working on that new IP (Gods & Monsters) so I dunna when we'll see them again. The other teams like Ubisoft Sofia and Ubisoft Singapore are assisting teams that help the main teams out (Singapore created naval and water for previous games for instance and right now they are working on Skull & Bones)

Also Ashraf's CV had one unannounced game in development at Montreal a few years ago, and we know that's the next AC (Ragnarok)

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Ashaf makes me more confident, agree. His past AC games were both brilliant so he has an eye for what makes an open-world compelling. I'm playing BF on Switch these days and I'm enjoying it much more than the first time on ps3. The world is really detailed and the gameplay is spot on, especially the streamlined naval.

I just hope the world isn't humongous because I don't want every sesh to be all travelling from point A to B. Even Origins was very guilty of this. That world had a lot of landmass and some zones were really unimportant.

And where would you you know actually parkour? Until they move back to big cities in modern times parkour is basically dead.

Hopefully they include a few castles and a walled city or something. That + rock climbing / tree climbing would make it viable. Something akin to Origins would be the bare minimum.
But yeh, we need a full fledged city for Unity levels of parkour. :(

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
And where would you you know actually parkour? Until they move back to big cities in modern times parkour is basically dead.

You don't need to have big cities to have a decent parkour system. The animations are a set back in origines/odyssey, yet there are big cities. I just want more animations and more possibilities, no matter the size of the buildings

Mar 29, 2018
Some of those new details sound way too far out to be real. Cannot picture weapon degradation being a thing in an AC game, that's too much of a foundation shift.

I'd love it if it were all true though. Sounds tremendous IMO.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You don't need to have big cities to have a decent parkour system. The animations are a set back in origines/odyssey, yet there are big cities. I just want more animations and more possibilities, no matter the size of the buildings

There is no point having Unity parkour in game where you can jump from any building without consequences. In Odyssey they even added no fall damage as skill.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Dream season pass announcement: Black Flag Remastered

maxresdefault.jpg

Castles, cathedrals, well-designed natural environments (large rocks, cliffs, trees) for the vistas/sync points. And just because a building or city is small doesn't mean it's bad for parkour traversal. It's more about the layout of the towns and villages than the size of them and their buildings.

Mar 29, 2018
Ashaf makes me more confident, agree. His past AC games were both brilliant so he has an eye for what makes an open-world compelling. I'm playing BF on Switch these days and I'm enjoying it much more than the first time on ps3. The world is really detailed and the gameplay is spot on, especially the streamlined naval.

I just hope the world isn't humongous because I don't want every sesh to be all travelling from point A to B. Even Origins was very guilty of this. That world had a lot of landmass and some zones were really unimportant.
I loved the travel loop in Odyssey of getting to a new area, syncing the sync points that are useful to have, then being able to fast travel everywhere. In the mid game this was really fun and killed most of the dull travel.

However, they could make actual on foot/horse travel about a million times more interesting.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Dream season pass announcement: Black Flag Remastered

maxresdefault.jpg

Castles, cathedrals, well-designed natural environments (large rocks, cliffs, trees) for the vistas/sync points. And just because a building or city is small doesn't mean it's bad for parkour traversal. It's more about the layout of the towns and villages than the size of them and their buildings.

But it is about size, Unity got new parkour system because they went to almost 1:1 scale and buildings were huge. And parkouring cliffs is kinda impossible in same way as it was done in Unity. You simply don't have enough grab points on natural surfaces.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
But it is about size, Unity got new parkour system because they went to almost 1:1 scale and buildings were huge. And parkouring cliffs is kinda impossible in same way as it was done in Unity. You simply don't have enough grab points on natural surfaces.
Plenty of grab points on cliffs! And it's a game anyway, so they can always make sure their cliffs have enough grab "nodes" to match indoor climbing walls for options (pretty much exactly what they did in Origins/Odyssey for cliffs). Real world speed climbers make assassins like Arno look slow as hell at climbing =P Though granted, they have an emergency fall rope that allows them to make every move they make high risk: