• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
There is no point having Unity parkour in game where you can jump from any building without consequences. In Odyssey they even added no fall damage as skill.

I'm talking about the set of animations. Like, climbing a building and running on a roof in Odyssey looks almost the same as in AC1. It looked way more realistic in Unity, which I liked. Even though the game is no longer about climbing, they should make an effort and improve on that.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
When we had those, people were tired of them and wanted them to evolve.

Yeah, I know lots of people wanted change, and lots of people love the new ones. That's great. I personally wasn't tired of them, and wanted more. Unity gave me hope, it was buggy, but it was an awesome return to something closer to the old ones.

I understand I'm in the minority on a lot of AC stuff, that's ok. I can still hope!

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Yeah, I know lots of people wanted change, and lots of people love the new ones. That's great. I personally wasn't tired of them, and wanted more. Unity gave me hope, it was buggy, but it was an awesome return to something closer to the old ones.

I understand I'm in the minority on a lot of AC stuff, that's ok. I can still hope!
You & me both bud

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking about the set of animations. Like, climbing a building and running on a roof in Odyssey looks almost the same as in AC1. It looked way more realistic in Unity, which I liked. Even though the game is no longer about climbing, they should make an effort and improve on that.
Odyssey still has a bunch of Unity's animations. And probably should have a look at AC1's animation when it came to climbing, like, it aged well, but it's definitely not as good. Given the scale of the world and the variety of geometry, (compare this to older AC), it works quite well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A new leak with an interesting tidbit.
49eie0aqq8a41.png

Supposed early screenshot of female Jora from Kingdom/Ragnarok.
Hmmm.
Ohh and, leak says they also are planning to do a DLC about King Arthur with the Excalibur Sword/Piece of Eden. Interestingly, this has been reported before by a french youtuber (who is credible and got stuff right about the Atlantis DLC for Odyssey) and there was a vid about it months ago (note: He didn't leak the King Arthur game, just found and reported on it) The leak he reported on in july along with the Kingdom/Ragnarok info said that the Arthur Pendragon game was "standalone" and was called "Excalibur" and set to release only for PS4 and Xbox One in 2021 (like how AC: Rogue did it back in the day) So they probably cancelled the idea of the standalone thingy and made it DLC, or it's still happening and they got confused. There is an Excalibur easter egg in odyssey in one of the mountains, it's at the top of the map somewhere.

Last edited:

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Blurry terrible angle off screen image AND future DLC rumors? That's a good deal of BS rumor cliche right there

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Blurry terrible angle off screen image AND future DLC rumors? That's a good deal of BS rumor cliche right there

As I mentioned above, the guy who reported on it originally back in july got DLC information for Odyssey correct, so he is at credible. And again I can't stress this enough: He only reported on it. Not leaked it. He only leaked the Atlantis DLC.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Someone really did their research with the fake achievements. One of them is in morse code, which spells out "Seventeen" Subject 17 = Desmond Miles, the past Modern protag, who is now the Sample 17 project at Abstergo. Clever. Very clever. It's sooooo fake.

Also, calling it Ragnarok made sense because there's an upcoming end of the world plot happening again in the Modern/Present day, which would tie into the past with Vikings. And I know the actual name isn't Ragnarok, but it should be. AC: Valhala just doesn't make sense.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why do you think its fake?.. I am 50/50 on this one. Only the sequence related trophies are out of place Because they are not in last two games but Ubi can change it.

Because as I said, it's april fools day in other parts of the world right now. We get "leaks" like this all the time when that day comes every year, and people eat it up. The AC fandom is quite possibly one of the most gullible fandoms out there, and I'm an AC fan. It's fake and you need to accept it and move on. I have. It's a bunch of nothing.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Why would full achievements be out in any way for a game that is over half a year out from release?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Also, calling it Ragnarok made sense because there's an upcoming end of the world plot happening again in the Modern/Present day, which would tie into the past with Vikings. And I know the actual name isn't Ragnarok, but it should be. AC: Valhala just doesn't make sense.

"Ragnorok" is kind of old hat after a decade of vikings/norse semi pop culture phenomenon. not to mention a little disney/MCU movie that headlined with it

not that i care much either way, just a name. but i'd go with the working title Kingdom if anything

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"Ragnorok" is kind of old hat after a decade of vikings/norse semi pop culture phenomenon. not to mention a little disney/MCU movie that headlined with it

not that i care much either way, just a name. but i'd go with the working title Kingdom if anything

True. Personally, I would go with Assassin's Creed V. I know they said they were done with numbered titles (something to do with Desmond's arc, which was finished in AC3, or ACIV: Black Flag technically) But V sounds better. V for Vikings.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
"Have a massive bounty" Should easily debunk this. How do you quantify massive? Doesn't jive with their usual lists at all.