• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
They're the only games that still feature the "long road trip" feel of GTA San Andreas.

It's a weird comparison, but trust me on that.
521340711782842378.png

Damn that's actually a solid comparison.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Excellent. Ubisoft will surely deliver a cracking Norse Mythology game with brilliant writing, voice-acting and no bloated checkmarks/padding. This'll be the one to beat whenever it comes out.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
I think you forgot to add more forests into your post
jk Odyssey has good stuff, but imo Egypt stood out to me more. Odyssey just had the forest mod on quantity setting which overshadowed the other biomes or at least he game didn't have any incentive to check out the others often

Oh no, I mentioned forests three times.

Not like Egypt has deserts or anything.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
How do the gods exist in AC but still gel with the Alien people
1) From memory the precursor race (called Isu) are not aliens. They were here before human and they had advanced tech but that's it

2) The few survivors of the Isu were venerated as gods thanks to a mix of their longevity and the power of the Pieces of Eden they still wielded. In the case of Ragnarok they will probably reveal that Gugnir and Mjölnir are Pieces of Eden.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Do we know which team is working on this? If it's the Black Flag/Origins team, I'd get this day 1. Ashraf Ismail is my guy.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
This sounds SO sick. Cannot wait. Loooooove that they are embracing the whacky mythology stuff that made Odyssey great.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. Ubisoft will surely deliver a cracking Norse Mythology game with brilliant writing, voice-acting and no bloated checkmarks/padding. This'll be the one to beat whenever it comes out.

not that the watermark is particularly high but writing/VA in origins and odyssey was fairly impressive considering there's like 1000 scripted instances.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little disappointed in how mythology-heavy this sounds. Origins obviously had a lot of myth stuff in it as well, but it did a really good job of keeping it relatively rare and mysterious and A Big Deal whenever it did show up. I love norse mythology, but I was sort of hoping for a more straight up historical playground with like 10% mythology flavor, rather than straight up realm-hopping stuff.

I'm a little confused about the "800 BC" date. They mean 800 AD, surely?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a little disappointed in how mythology-heavy this sounds. Origins obviously had a lot of myth stuff in it as well, but it did a really good job of keeping it relatively rare and mysterious and A Big Deal whenever it did show up. I love norse mythology, but I was sort of hoping for a more straight up historical playground with like 10% mythology flavor, rather than straight up realm-hopping stuff.

I'm a little confused about the "800 BC" date. They mean 800 AD, surely?
The majority of the map will most likely be historical like in Odyssey. But if that game was ny indication they aren't skimping out on the fantastical stuff anymore when it comes to AC now that it's an RPG.

Briar36

Nov 27, 2017
Manhattan
I have no idea what a weeb is, and I've never seen an anime movie/show in my life.

Ninjas are awesome. Get it done. The end.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
I just hope is has more interesting gameplay loop. I'm so fucking tired of kill / loot / investigate type missions.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm taking this as confirmation it will be revealed alongside ps5 soon. Retailers generally wouldn't just invent a special edition with a unique title like Valhalla edition.

Edit: I say with ps5 as it's the only upcoming event rumoured and it's a bit of a big title for a state of play.

The rumor did say it was could be revealed in Feb.... put two and two together, and there we go.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting the Ubisoft store exclusive to be called the Valhalla edition.

They must be announcing the game soon if these are leaked already.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i really hope the dialogue choices are out. they seemed terrible from what i saw of Odyssey. reminded me of human revolution conversations in terms of jank but less actual impact on the game.

I honestly don't really know much about the setting. I hope they dont oversell the legend aspect in the main game, and save it for dlc like origins did. that immortal Pythagoras shit was some embarassing nonsense that to me felt like the first true shark jump in this series.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy people enjoy Origins and Odyssey, but I really miss the older AC games, I hope they go back to that one day. ☹️

Donato Andrea

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 2, 2020
I'm taking this as confirmation it will be revealed alongside ps5 soon. Retailers generally wouldn't just invent a special edition with a unique title like Valhalla edition.

Edit: I say with ps5 as it's the only upcoming event rumoured and it's a bit of a big title for a state of play.
Rumour has it that it's going to be revealed at the PlayStation 5 event, alongside a new Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell.

BratmanDu

Mar 27, 2018
Just finished Odyssey last night, enjoyed it but it's damn long, logged 220 hours on Steam (DLC included). Value for money I guess and I'm a 'get every ?' kind of player, but it sucked up a lot of time, I love the series but, like Origins, I'll wait for a complete edition and play with all DLC, usually it's on sale by then and with several improvement patches out, I don't think I'd have come back to previous games if I had to wait for the add on content.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Ubisoft needs to put an end to this practice of making 54864877697 different editions for a single game.

True!

But I think I will do the same that I did with odyssey.
Get the standard Version, because those games now take super long to finish anyway and buy the season pass on sale after a year or so.
This gives me the "yearly" AC experience and I save some money.

Can't wait for the new AC though. Setting sounds super fun but I might actually wait for the next gen version if this really releases in August, or I go with the PC version.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't the AC series tied up with Xbox marketing? In fact aren't most Ubisoft games like that at the moment? I recall The Division 2 was.

AC keeps changing. AC3 had PS3 exclusive stuff, I remember Unity was heavily pushed by Xbox and Syndicate was back to Playstation. Then Origins was definitely Xbox again.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Isn't the AC series tied up with Xbox marketing? In fact aren't most Ubisoft games like that at the moment? I recall The Division 2 was.
no it's not tied to Xbox Ubi use the yearly release one with sony and one with Xbox
Unity was with Xbox
Syndicate was with Sony
origins was with Xbox
Odyssey was with Sony

So this time it suppose to be With Xbox....but who knows

Last edited:

Donato Andrea

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Are they just gonna reveal a picture with a logo or what? Jason confirmed SC isn't a thing currently at Ubi.
Apparently there was a Ubisoft's conference held behind closed doors in Belgrade, Serbia where they showed a short 50 seconds teaser for both Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell.

Last edited:

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
They probably aren't going mythical and fantastical again are they? The two recent games were set in ancient times so it kinda fit but I hope this new game brings back the more grounded approach to the series.
Some Odin Isu lore in the background would be interesting though.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They probably aren't going mythical and fantastical again are they? The two recent games were set in ancient times so it kinda fit but I hope this new game brings back the more grounded approach to the series.

They probably will if they're going with a Norse setting.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There was a Ubisoft's conference held behind closed doors in Belgrade, Serbia where they showed a short 50 seconds teaser for both Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell.

I wouldn't take that as gospel since there is absolutely no evidence to back it up. We know Splinter Cell isn't a thing right now, and Prince of Persia is long dead because of AC.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
The social stealth core use was for the tailing missions which a very vocal few kept criticising it so it was removed. The social stealth became pointless after that.

It was also there to infiltrate bases by sneaking past guards by blending into crowds, sitting on benches as enemies walk by etc. It was great.