• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Who wants to bet after Ragnarok,they are gonna do an AC with the Atlanteans ? They've taken Age of Mythology by storm

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I don't mind if there are no big launch exclusives when PS5 and XSX launch, with this coming out. Only thing I'm worried about, is that this will also be on current gen consoles and it will be severly hold back, just like Black Flag back in the day.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I don't mind if there are no big launch exclusives when PS5 and XSX launch, with this coming out. Only thing I'm worried about, is that this will also be on current gen consoles and it will be severly hold back, just like Black Flag back in the day.
That seems a given. They're not just gonna give up 106M PS4 + 40M to 50M XB1 market. That's a lot of potential sales they'd lose on by focusing solely on brand new consoles.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
While I liked what I played in Odyssey recently, it just was more of the same I played in Origins. So I stopped playing.

If this game is again just a different theme of the same game, I'll pass.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
That seems a given. They're not just gonna give up 106M PS4 + 40M to 50M XB1 market. That's a lot of potential sales they'd lose on by focusing solely on brand new consoles.

Yeah obviously. But maybe things will be different now because of how current gen works. Or maybe they can smartly alter stuff like NPC count or make cities/villages bigger and provide a true next-gen experience.

While I liked what I played in Odyssey recently, it just was more of the same I played in Origins. So I stopped playing.

If this game is again just a different theme of the same game, I'll pass.

Yup, me too. Played 120 hours of Origins, so after 20 hours of Odyssey I was done and sold it.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the infos, maybe I should give Origins another shot and focus more on the main story, I tend to do all the side content when I play rpgs and I just really really like exploring worlds, that's probably why I enjoyed Odyssey more.

And to be honest, even if Origins' main story ends up being better, I will probably still like Odyssey more, I think good side content is as important as the main story because at the end of the day, side content is what takes the majority of my time when I play a huge open world RPG. BOTW and The Witcher 3 are the greatest exemples. make their side content bad and they're not the same games anymore.

I also instantly found Odyssey's world way more appealing and varied, which encouraged me to explore the world to discover all those different locations. With my 10-ish hours in Origins, it just felt like exploring.. a desert (which makes sense, it's Egypt after all, but I prefer varied landscapes.) But again, I only played 10 hours so I can't really say much about Origins... Odyssey just instantly clicked with me.

Might give it another shot if I'm bored one day!

I would if I was you. Origins has some great areas the more you progress. Beautiful cities and green lush environments.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah obviously. But maybe things will be different now because of how current gen works. Or maybe they can smartly alter stuff like NPC count or make cities/villages bigger and provide a true next-gen experience.

Yup, me too. Played 120 hours of Origins, so after 20 hours of Odyssey I was done and sold it.
I was pretty sad though, I liked the extra mechanics they added to Odyssey, but it was otherwise the exact same game. I guess I would have loved it and played through it if I hadn't played Origins before.

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
ENvXVYIXUAANSBJ
Wow, where did you find that? Encountered it when searching? Seems to be removed already. Just curious because the recent Gamestop leak was fake

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, where did you find that? Encountered it when searching? Seems to be removed already. Just curious because the recent Gamestop leaked was fake

Twitter, from a guy called j0nathan. Very credible and knows his stuff. He leaked the Plot of Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis Ep 3 months before the release so I trust him. Not sure if he was the one to find it himself but.

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
Twitter, from a guy called j0nathan. Very credible and knows his stuff. He leaked the Plot of Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis Ep 3 months before the release so I trust him. Not sure if he was the one to find it himself but.
Okay thanks, I know him. Let's see if it's a legit or if he just trolled everyone after the Gamestop leaked got picked up by way too many websites.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Another day, another alleged rumor of Ragnarok.

"Officially announced in february at the upcoming playstation event, release date September 29th, 2020.
Up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op like Ghost Recon wildlands.
Player can only play as a single character, Jora, who can be chosen to be male or female.
Jora led a small band of 4 during their adventures which is why other players can drop in and out for co-op
Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.
Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.
Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.
Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded.
Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode which also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.
Sailing returns is less combat intensive and more focused on exploration and travel including being able to navigate tight rivers and wetlands.
Parkour is upgraded with tree climbing and new animations.
The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab.
Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.
Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.

Players now have a reputation system based on quests completed for people in cities, the town officials, clothing worn, crimes committed, etc. Some quests and story missions can only be completed after reaching a certain reputation with kingdoms.
Conquest battles return to help capture some settlements from templars and players can approach them in a variety of ways.
Players can also find battles between warring kingdoms occurring dynamically throughout the world.
Multiple settlements throughout the world can be captured and controlled for trade and currency gains
Players can organize large scale raids of forts and cities with nearby viking camps, wait for their own raids, or go in by themselves.
The assassins are believed to have a connection to Odin and dub their raven drone as odin sight.
Difficulty returns but focuses more on parry times, player health, and enemy reaction times rather than enemy health
Levelling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.
Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.
The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.

Game begins in 845 CE at the siege of Paris with you playing as Jora's father, Rorik who's an ally of the viking leader Ragnar.
We next cut to 863 as the teenage Jora living in Novagrad?. Eventually we meet assassins and are sent to deliver a package to Ragnar in Uppsala.
Jora becomes a thane to Ragnar allowing the settlement system and we then follow him to northumbria where the templar Aella kills Ragnar.
Jora returns to Ragnars sons where the army is formed to combat the templars that control most of europe
We follow most of the invasion and war, becoming allies with Alfred, conquer kiev, help rollo in normandy, and overthrow fat charles in france.
Then a templar named Bjorn has an eden piece that's like a knife that gives him control over vikings and tries to invade england again (idk what this is, google translate may be screwing up).
Then we kill Bjorn in a temple and give his knife to his mother's who's ragnar's ex?
Also there are a ton of temples that are each protected by a mythical beast like a giant snake, a dragon, kraken, and a giant. "

You know what? I actually ... sort of believe this, truth be told O_o But then again, the more detailed it is, the more it's believable to be fake... hmmm .... :/ But stranger things have happened (like ACIV: Black Flag leaking on a plane back in 2013 lol) We've heard the name Jora time and time again with these leaks, so....

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century

"Officially announced in february at the upcoming playstation event, release date September 29th, 2020.
Player can only play as a single character, Jora, who can be chosen to be male or female.
Jora led a small band of 4 during their adventures which is why other players can drop in and out for co-op
Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.
Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.
Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded.
Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode which also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.
Sailing returns is less combat intensive and more focused on exploration and travel including being able to navigate tight rivers and wetlands.
The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab.
Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.
Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.

Players now have a reputation system based on quests completed for people in cities, the town officials, clothing worn, crimes committed, etc. Some quests and story missions can only be completed after reaching a certain reputation with kingdoms.
Conquest battles return to help capture some settlements from templars and players can approach them in a variety of ways.
Players can also find battles between warring kingdoms occurring dynamically throughout the world.
Multiple settlements throughout the world can be captured and controlled for trade and currency gains
Players can organize large scale raids of forts and cities with nearby viking camps, wait for their own raids, or go in by themselves.
The assassins are believed to have a connection to Odin and dub their raven drone as odin sight.
Difficulty returns but focuses more on parry times, player health, and enemy reaction times rather than enemy health
Levelling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.
Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.
The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.

Game begins in 845 CE at the siege of Paris with you playing as Jora's father, Rorik who's an ally of the viking leader Ragnar.
We next cut to 863 as the teenage Jora living in Novagrad?. Eventually we meet assassins and are sent to deliver a package to Ragnar in Uppsala.
Jora becomes a thane to Ragnar allowing the settlement system and we then follow him to northumbria where the templar Aella kills Ragnar.
Jora returns to Ragnars sons where the army is formed to combat the templars that control most of europe
We follow most of the invasion and war, becoming allies with Alfred, conquer kiev, help rollo in normandy, and overthrow fat charles in france.
Then a templar named Bjorn has an eden piece that's like a knife that gives him control over vikings and tries to invade england again (idk what this is, google translate may be screwing up).
Then we kill Bjorn in a temple and give his knife to his mother's who's ragnar's ex?
Also there are a ton of temples that are each protected by a mythical beast like a giant snake, a dragon, kraken, and a giant. "

You know what? I actually ... sort of believe this, truth be told O_o But then again, the more detailed it is, the more it's believable to be fake... hmmm .... :/ But stranger things have happened (like ACIV: Black Flag leaking on a plane back in 2013 lol) We've heard the name Jora time and time again with these leaks, so....
This sounds baller. I hope it's true.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hmm. There are some things in there that intrigue me and sound cool, but others I'm not completely sure on.

Well, I'm looking forward to when we finally see it.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
"Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded. "

Oh god, I hope this part isn't true. The rest sounds pretty cool.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Björn Ironside is a templar? Auwch, I like him.

Sounds good, but the map size is kinda too big to believe. I bet parts like Paris and Kyiv might be disconnected, with the big open world just being Scandinavia + England.

Still, can't fucking wait.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I just hope the game is not as bloated and big as Odyssey/Origins. A bit more focus and identity would do wonders

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Some bits of it sound like they looked at what GR Wildlands and Breakpoint are doing and just taking those mechanics. Mainly pointing at class system, squad system and hiding mechanics.

Cautiously looking towards seeing how they are implementing gear durability. Are we talking something sensible like TW3 or pants on head absolute stupid like BOTW?

I 100% can see ERA hopping on to the hatetrain over reputation and settlement mechanics, "Worthless filler busy work!". You just know it when that stuff is in Ubi game and ERA pitches views in. Has there been any rumors going to detail about why player would want take over settlements?

Also map like that doesn't sound something that is in anyway sensible to structure without major landmass crunch or obscene map size that would make this rival largest MMOs.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Most of that sounds pretty shitty. So here's hoping it is fake.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I like part of this.
The Weapons Durability suuuucks if true.
I hope we get a special weapon similar to the spear. I loved upgrading it.
Sounds like the hidden blade might be something akin to that.

Climbing trees will be fun again and the added stealth options sound neat.
I really enjoy what we heard from the setting so far.
Building an economy, setting up raids and stuff sounds like a nice metagame. Missed that in the past 2 games.
Curious if we get an title that will be used in conversations similar like Misthios, probably Thane...

Also looking forward to the different languages spoken by people in the settlements.
English, french for England and France, probably some German too if most of notherneurope is simulated, but what will the viking language be like? Norwegian, Danish, Swedish?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
  • Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded.
  • Sailing returns is less combat intensive and more focused on exploration and travel including being able to navigate tight rivers and wetlands.

Oh god... Combining the worst mechanics of BOTW and WW...
The rest sounds great, though!

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Another

Game is soon to be announced at the PS5 event next month.
Goes to England and meets the Assassins there, who trains them.
Jora's male counterpart is tall and blonde with a short beard, female counterpart has long red hair.
Few sequences in which we can play as Odin in Asgard across several visions the character has throughout the storyline. Jora is a "reborn Odin"
One of the main Pieces of Eden in the game is the Gungnir, Odin's spear.
Yggdrasil will work in the same way as Atlantis in Odyssey, accessible in the game but fully used in the DLC's. There will be three realms in the DLC.
This will also be the main focus of the Present Day storyline, which will end Layla's arc. Otso Berg, Shaun and William make a return.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Weirdly, reading that... it almost sounds like a mix of Black Flag and 3, but moved into the Origins/Odyssey way of thinking about AC. Then cover it with a paint of Viking/Norse mythology and done.

I wonder how long this game has been in development and how God of War either caused the team to freak out or be more inspired. Either way I am excited to see what they do with AC especially with more powerful hardware.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Another

Game is soon to be announced at the PS5 event next month.
Goes to England with the army and meets the Hidden Ones there, who trains them.
Jora's male counterpart is tall and blonde with a short beard, female counterpart has long red hair.
Few sequences in which we can play as Odin in Asgard across several visions the character has throughout the storyline. Jora is a "reborn Odin"
One of the main Pieces of Eden in the game is the Gungnir, Odin's spear.
Yggdrasil will work in the same way as Atlantis in Odyssey, accessible in the game but fully used in the DLC's. There will be three realms in the DLC.
This will also be the main focus of the Present Day storyline, which will end Layla's arc. Otso Berg, Shaun and William make a return.
Is it the same user that posts those leaks or it's multiple sources? Thanks anyway for posting them here!